Party of 16 - 2 non park dinner suggestions

Meishanoel

Earning My Ears
We will be a party of 12 adults and 4 children. Our entire group will be staying a Animal Kingdom Lodge. We are a group of foodies, our reason for visiting this year is the Food and Wine Festival. Any suggestions for 2 dinners for our large group that will will not require park tickets? Love Boma and considering Ohana (never been).

Thanks in advance!!

Ohana is lots of fun and great for big groups, We love Raglan Road it has deliciuos food and if you go for a later dinner they have great irish dancing and music.

My family didn't like the food at the luau or whispering canyon. If you are foodies I think you might be disappointed. They are good restaurants for big groups though.

All my favorite meals from my trip last month were non-park locations: Kona Cafe (Contemporary), Raglan Road (DTD), and Ohana.

Foodies will be disappointed with the food at 'Ohana. We sure were.

I think Sanaa would be fun. The food is good and different (Indian). There is a decent wine list with some reasonably priced South African choices. They have seating that can accommodate large groups. There is a window onto the savannah for animal viewing. And, it's convenient for your group since you are staying at AKL.

If you put aside the foodie in you, the Hoop De Doo Revue is fun for groups. Last time we went as a group, my nephew was selected to be in the show. Great fun. But -- the food is not very good so if good food is really important, skip this.

I guess just about any buffet works since there is something for everyone. Again, though, food is only fair at the buffets generally. Cape May Buffet at Beach Club is well liked by many, especially seafood lovers.

Other thoughts if good food is your main goal (and price doesn't really matter):
Il Mulino
Shula's
Citrico's

Great suggestions. Sanaa and Ohana seems to be the front runners for our group. Sanaa for the convenience since all of our rooms are at Kidani Village and everyone will have the option to order what they choose. Ohana because we love the Polynesian and it is a family style meal. I agree with some of the previous post regarding the food selection at the Luau, seems like we will be paying alot for a show and not be satisified with the meal. We do love Boma but would prefer to have group breakfast there instead of dinner.

Again, thank you all for your input!!

Tpiejg said:
Ohana is lots of fun and great for big groups, We love Raglan Road it has deliciuos food and if you go for a later dinner they have great irish dancing and music.

I agree with Raglan Road if you are planning on visiting DTD:)

We love DTD and visit frequently when in Disney. Never been to Raglan Road either but the menu has alot of variety and looks delicious!:thumbsup2

If you're true "foodies" then I suggest Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can ask that they seat your party in the Wine room. The food is fabulous, always a great experience. They also the largest selection of South African wines in the world.

If you're true "foodies" then I suggest Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can ask that they seat your party in the Wine room. The food is fabulous, always a great experience. They also the largest selection of South African wines in the world.

Thanks Plutolovr. Jiko is on the list. But not for the entire group. The younger adults and kids will not be joining us for the Jiko dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter