Party of 14 in 4 different rooms...dinner question.

A M&Asmom

Plus 1 more! T's mom, too.
We booked our trip through a travel agent. There are a few things I forgot to ask her when we booked, but will probably still run into more since we've never done this before.

There are 14 of us in all. My parents are taking all of us on a trip for their 50th anniversary. We did book this all at the same time. My family (5 in one room), my oldest daughter and her boyfriend in one room, my sisters family (5 in one room) and my parents in the 4th room.

When we go to dinner at night, will we all be put at the same table or will they scatter us around the restaurants because we are in different rooms? I was hoping we would all be together for dinner if we all want to.

Ask your TA (travel agent) to link all the rooms for dining. Then you will all be at one big table, or more likely, at a group of tables near each other with the same serving team. We were a party of 18 and they had us at three tables all next to each other. Make sure you move around and eat with different people each night. For some reason we didn't and I wish we had thought of it. Enjoy the trip and congrats to your parents for 50 yrs!

We were told that they have tables that can seat up to 16 people. Ask your travel agent to put you all at one table if you wish.

We were a group of 15 in 6 rooms. Our TA linked our reservations and we were all seated at a single table.

Just an FYI: If there are any kids under 18 traveling in your party they can only get off the ship with the adult of the cabin they are registered in. If you want them to get off the ship with another adult (even if one is their parent) you will need to go by Guest Services and sign some paperwork.

That's good advice. We were a group of 13 in 4 rooms. linked our rooms together and had a table that sat all of us in each restaurant. Have a fun trip. The more the merrier. Suggestions: do something like the rain forest room for all the women in your group especially if you are on the Dream or the Fantasy where there are 7 or 8 heated loungers. Treat your father to a shave on board to make him feel really special. Have brunch at Palo on a sea day for all over 18. We had a great time and my DSIL can't wait to schedule another shave there.

We had 4 rooms and 15 people on our last cruise. Our TA linked the rooms, and we sat all together for dinner every night. I would assume they have limited tables of this size, and we booked our cruise over a year in advance.

Weedy brings up a great point, something that was a bit of a pain for us. My children had previously cruised so they were CC Silver members, and the others had not cruised before. To get us all the ability to register as CC Silver we mixed the kids around during the reservation, that way we had a CC Silver in every room. We then had to fill out that paperwork that Weedy mentioned (three times we did this!) to get the actual parents lined up with their kids for leaving and reboarding the ship at ports... it was kind of a pain to get straightened out, but worth getting the earlier booking times and silver CC gift bags for each stateroom.

That's good advice. We were a group of 13 in 4 rooms. linked our rooms together and had a table that sat all of us in each restaurant. Have a fun trip. The more the merrier. Suggestions: do something like the rain forest room for all the women in your group especially if you are on the Dream or the Fantasy where there are 7 or 8 heated loungers. Treat your father to a shave on board to make him feel really special. Have brunch at Palo on a sea day for all over 18. We had a great time and my DSIL can't wait to schedule another shave there.
You're DSIL wants to get another shave????
?:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Wow! Thank you all for the tips! I told my mother to make sure to check with the TA to make sure we are all linked together so that we all eat together. I want to have a cake or something one of the nights to celebrate their anniversary.

I would consider breaking the party up between two different tables. Getting a large family ready for dinner can be stressful if some always are ready on time and some always run 15 minutes behind schedule. One note is that you might have a good shot at the center round table in Royal Court if you put in a request for it. We (party of 9) got it for our most recent cruise two weeks ago. It is pretty awful for conversation and I had specifically requested _not_ to have it after making that observation in the past, but we got it anyway. In hindsight, it is absolutely fantastic for photographs, especially if you have one or more little princesses in your party, and I am thankful that we got it for that reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter