Party for the Senses

Chim Chiminy

stale marshmallows sting when they hit you
If you have attended in the past, have you seen kids in attendance?

I ask because my mom, unbeknownst to me, bought tickets not only for herself and dad but also for my family of four. Which is a nice gesture, but I had already told her we did not plan to attend this year, we can always attend another time. Reason being it was not in our budget for this trip and we will have the kids with us, ages 8 and 14.

I guess she took that as "they can't afford it but I can!" So she bought tickets for all four of us, not what I intended when I spoke to her or wanted.
I know she meant well, but it would have been nice for her to run it by us first.

So, now it looks like we will be attending but I don't really feel that great about having our kids in tow (not to mention I know the kids would rather just ride Test Track!). The description really seems like an "adult" event.
Will it be too weird having our kids there?

Thanks.

Well, I've never really seen any kids at Party for the Senses before, maybe older teens, but not younger kids. Unfortunatly, the Party is non-refundable, so I suggest just to go and have a good time. I just hope your kids aren't picky eaters. If they are good eaters, they may actually enjoy the event, they just won't be drinking anything, (though you should still be entitled to the wine glasses,) and they can enjoy the Cirque de Solei acts.

There is a user on here - mlill - she's taking her children to the PotS, but they are bit older than your youngest.

The 14 year old and 8 year old should enjoy it - there are performers from Cirque de Sole to keep them entertained.

I agree with Melissa -

Its an expensive night, some young ones do enjoy a variety of foods, duck, snails, etc... I have seen a scant few - one year the chef of one of the tables had his kids near - they sat and the floor and colored -

adults are given wine glasses, and they do hand out some 'child friendly' cups - but I do not recall any drinks other than water, beer, wine, cognac... I do believe I did see a coke machine near the ladies restroom...

I believe when I ordered my tickets - I paid with a credit card right then and was told there were no refunds or transfers -

Make the best of it - it will be an adventure - and just get a table near the performers - they are amazing!

I'm here! Yes, I'm taking my kids to PFTS! :eek: (I would have been in big trouble with them if I didn't! ;) ) My kids are 18, 15, & 13. For what it's worth, my youngest was 8 the first time she ate at the Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's. No problem at all. I'm sure your kids will find plenty to eat that they like. :goodvibes Cirque' is wonderful, too! So, don't worry, you'll have a great time! I wish I had someone willing to buy my PFTS tickets for me! What a wonderful gift! What night are you going? We'll be there the 6th, and there is another family with kids going that night, too...

-Michelle

We went last year and there were several kids there in the 8-12 range. Not many, but more than 2. You may want to consider feeding them first if they won't do adult type food but the desserts they would probably go for and Cirque is cool. Enjoy!

Although there are not many kids there, I would definitely just make the best of it and enjoy the special evening with grandma and grandpa. I 'm sure it will be special memories for the kids and they will probably enjoy trying all the foods you "hear" about, but never get to just "taste". There's also all the great desserts and the cheese table, plus of course the cirque to watch.

There are also many staff people circulating and they will be happy to get the kids soda.

Tammy

I found this out when I couldn't drink another sip of wine and needed something cold. They had club soda, coke, diet coke, sprite, etc....
Tammy

There are also many staff people circulating and they will be happy to get the kids soda.

Tammy

I found this out when I couldn't drink another sip of wine and needed something cold. They had club soda, coke, diet coke, sprite, etc....
Tammy

That's good to hear! :thumbsup2 We were planning on cornering someone to get the kids something to drink if there wasn't something already available. I think it would be silly not to offer non-alcoholic beverages - many adults do not drink, and are there for the food & show...

-Michelle

Good to hear we can get soda if we want.

And thanks everyone, I hope I didn't come off sounding ungrateful. I was just seriously concerned about going and having the only kids there!

My kids are fairly adventurous, so I am not worried at all about them filling their plates. And we will all love seeing Cirque perform.

Thanks again for the reassurances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter