Party For The Senses Questions..

CindeBella

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are planning a trip by ourselves during the Food and Wine Festival. While calling for the halloween tickets, the cast member mentioned Party For The Senses. I had never heard of this and no one could explain it to me.

Do you eat and walk around the World Showcase? Do you need to tickets? Are there different tickets levels and what is the difference?

Thanks for any info!

Thank you so much!

Is the food selection the same as walking around the World Showcase?

For "Party For The Senses", I was told the tickets range from $10 - $250. What is the difference in the tickets? The cast memeber also told me there is a black tie event.

Thanks!

We went to Party for the Senses last year, and plan to go again this year. I would say that the food is of a much higher quality and complexity than the food available around world showcase. I think the booths are good, this is just much better. Plus, you can try as many of the wines as you like - it's great to be able to sample red wines with different foods to see how they go together. I used to be a white wine only drinker, but PFTS got me to try a bunch of reds I wouldn't have tried otherwise and now I like them too.

I went to my first Party for the Senses last year, and will definatly be going to another one, possibly two, in 2007.

It is in a seperate building by Canada and the United Kingdom. The cost is around $100 per person, but to me, is well worth it. There are many small, gourmet tastings, of food and wine, and you can have as much as you want. I thought the portion sizes were perfect, I was probably able to try about 2/3 of the food, and if the servings had been any larger, wouldn't of gotten to as try as much.

There are also acts from Cirque de Soeli, (sp?) It lasts 2 1/2 hours, so you'd have plenty of time to mingle and try whatever.

I sounds wonderful! Is the Party For The Senses only on certain nights?

We will be in town from Sunday morning until Wednesday night.

Thanks!

We are planning on enjoying Party for the Senses for the first time Sept 30. I can't wait! :sunny: From all the reviews I have read the Party for the Senses events are only on Saturdays 6:30 - 9. There are other Food and Wine Pairings on different dates that you may want to check out if you will not be there on a Sat.

I'm waiting for the list of events to be released. We won't be too disappointed about not making the PFTS as everything else looks wonderful as well. We have so many restaurants on our list that we weren't sure how we were going to fit it into our schedule! lol.

We're looking forward to MNSSHP also :goodvibes

Thanks for the info!

Party for the Senses is wonderful. It is in it's own seperate (a/c) building and last year had a center (low) stage with cirque du soleil entertaining us. You get a free wine glass and there was (last year) 70 wine and beers and about 25-30 chefs presenting their tastings it's from 6:30 to 9 (saved my booklet from last year).
They have limited sit down tables and several stand up tables. We never had a dirty table, the waitstaff was great. You walk around and get as much as you want. We saw a few folks (very few) in gowns and tuxs but mostly folks were dressed a little nicer than in the parks during the day. This year, my dh plans on wearing some nice dress shorts and a nicer shirt. Cost was $95. When they tell you it's over, get your wine glass filled for the final time and they will put your wine in a plastic cup and put your wine glass in a plastic mickey bag to take home. You can then walk out and watch the fireworks.

Never heard of this but sounds great. I'd love to try this at least once. Is there another one that is similar to this also in Epcot that is not in the World Showcase? Or is this the same one? I thought I read of something like this but you get dinner.

Ok all you Party for the Senses veterans, how is the beer selection there? :drinking1

Neither DH nor myself are huge wine drinkers, but we both love trying different types of beer. Two years ago we went to one of the Brewer's dinnners and absolutely loved it, but last year they only had one scheduled and I suspect it will be similar this year. :(

We thought about trying PFTS instead if there's a pretty good variety there. :)

Hi!
I went to the '03 party of the senses but I went on a report from last year's festivities and here's a list of beverage vendors for you. Not being a beer drinker much myself, I only recognize Sam Adams but there may be others. I wish Leinenkugels were there myself, love that Berry Weiss! It was a terrific experience. This year both Hubby and I will be attending.
Have fun!
Bearfan

WINERIES/BEVERAGES (from 2005)

Champagne Pommery
Concha y Toro Winery
Maison Louis Jadot
Chateau des Charmes
Evans & Tate Winery
Bodegas Nieto Senetiner Winery
Jacob's Creek Winery
Vina Morande Winery
Remy Martin Cognac
Rosemount Estate
Samuel Adams
Frutos Villar
Bonterra Winery
Wynns
Lindemans
Cape Classics
August Kesseler
Oyster Bay Winery
Inbev (Stella Artois, Beck's, Brahma)
Sapphire Hill Winery
Cinnabar Winery
Casa Lapostolle
Georges DuBoeuf
Penfolds
Silverado Vineyards
Vinedo de los Vientos

Thanks BearFan! Looks like Sam Adams and Inbev are the two beer companies (which makes sense since they also do the beer tastings at the FWF and they did the Brewer's dinners). We may just have to try PFTS this year! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter