Party for the Senses - October 6th, 2007 - Welcome!

Michelle, that cover is adorable. :cloud9: I am hoping for lots of merchandise as well. My kitchen is french themed and well this would just help me disneyfy it!

The 12th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival starts TODAY! :banana:

2007FestivalGuideCover.jpg

Here is a link to a PDF of this year's Festival Guide!!!

2007 Food & Wine Festival Guide

Happy Planning!!!
-Michelle

P.S. I'll be busy confirming all of the info on my Food Booth Score Cards now... :surfweb:

Your sister should be fine..She will check in before she goes to Eat to the Beat and receive her wrist band, so she should be able to skip the lines at the entrance.

I do this every year...wait and wait - thinking I will not get a table.....and it always works out.....

So they'll let us check in at PFTS and get wristbands prior to going to the Eat to the Beat concert? I think we were told to get to the concert at around 5:15pm. So will PFTS hand out wristbands that early?

Yes, I'm very happy they are using Remy & Emile in the Food & Wine Festival signs. I hope there is a lot of Ratatouille merchandise, too! :cloud9:

Here's the cover I'm using for my Score Cards...

RemyCover.jpg

I'm punching small 1/8 holes in the top and putting the cards on two rings, so we can flip through them.

I can't wait to go...

-Michelle

You are so creative and so nice to share your creativity with the rest of us. It's just great. Can't wait to meet everyone!

OK, here are the DIS table signs that I made...

Pre-TR29.jpg

They are in those plastic picture frames that stand by themselves...

Pre-TR30.jpg

I'm making 3-8"x10" ones and 3-5"x7" ones, just incase the big ones are too big for the tables. Sooooo, if you don't meet us outside, you will know what to look for! :thumbsup2 I also bought some green glow sticks that I will put in the center of each table by the sign.

I finally found an outfit I'm happy with. :yay: It's long sleeved, but very light and airy, so I should be fine in the Florida heat. I haven't decided what to do with my hair yet. It's long and I usually wear it in a braid... but I might wear it down for the evening. I guess it will depend on the weather. Here are some pictures of us in our PFTS outfits. I made everyone try them on before I packed them! LOL! :rotfl: Here we are...

Pre-TR28.jpg

Pre-TR31.jpg

I can't wait to meet everyone! (if we didn't scare you away with these pictures! ;) ) See you all in a few days! :goodvibes

Take care,
Michelle

Michelle-everything looks excellent, including your outfits :) . I talked to my friend Jacquie last night on the phone, and when I said good-bye, I said " see you at Baggage Claim! "-seems so odd!!!! I just have to get my toiletries together, and then put everything in my suitcase that I have in a pile, and I'll be set to go. Happy Monday everyone-we'll all be in WDW soon:cool1:

Yes, I'm very happy they are using Remy & Emile in the Food & Wine Festival signs. I hope there is a lot of Ratatouille merchandise, too! :cloud9:

Here's the cover I'm using for my Score Cards...

RemyCover.jpg

I'm punching small 1/8 holes in the top and putting the cards on two rings, so we can flip through them.

I can't wait to go...

-Michelle

Michelle - this is adorable...My covers are from Pixel Clips, nothing as imaginative as yours. But we did go see Ratatouille this Sunday to help booster the anticipation.....I ended up using the spiral binder for my booklets and organized them based on the walk around booths based on the brochure. I insterted a "best of show" card at the end....That will be hard to complete I am sure....Thanks again for doing all of this..

I will copy Remy and Emil for my trip report.....How cute...and cannot wait to see you and the gang at 5:45.....

Our newpaper ran an article on the F&W - not as good as the one Jasmine posted.

Mis Jasmine - boo hoo - the team lost, the only bad thing this weekend...well, besides the weather, rainy and windy - but we do need the rain, not however, the wind....

Have I mentioned lately that I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH Michelle, having very long hair myself, I will suggest that you prob. do not want to wear yours down for the PFTS. Trust me on this...Mine will be in a braid for the day and Up for the Party.....

I'll check in later...

Michelle, you all look great. I hate to say but I think I am going to be more on the casual side. What can I say, I have adopted the Florida lifestyle. I will be wearing a skirt however.

c&d&f, yeah we lost and that is a stinker, but hey we had a loss last year as well. And if we can beat LSU this week then we are right back in the thick of things (of course we cannot play like we have the last two weeks if that is going to happen).

Looked at weather.com today, and it has forecast up until 10/10 and it's showing scattered thunderstorms the whole time. Should we be concerned?? Temperature wise, it looks great, high 80's, but I don't want rain.

It's still the rainy season here. The rain will come and go, usually. There are times when one cloud may hang over for a longer period of time. But I really wouldn't concern myself with it. When the forecast is like that, DH and I usually bring rain jackets that fold into their own pockets and I throw them in my backpack.

Michelle, you all look great. I hate to say but I think I am going to be more on the casual side. What can I say, I have adopted the Florida lifestyle. I will be wearing a skirt however.

Thanks, but you'll see, our outfits really aren't as dressy as they look in the pictures! LOL! :rotfl: Jordan is wearing black jeans to go with her black jean half-jacket and I'm sure that the boys will lose their ties really quick once we get inside PFTS! I told them that they didn't need to wear ties, but my son, Conner wanted to so he could have some red to match the girls. My new blouse is very comfortable. I'm so happy I found it yesterday!

I just made an appointment for Brenna, my youngest daughter, to get her hair done at Ivy Trellis in the Grand Floridian before PFTS. She asked me yesterday while we were shopping if she could get another up-do like she did last December... I just couldn't say no... :goodvibes

Have a great week everyone!
See you soon!
-Michelle

Michelle - this is adorable...My covers are from Pixel Clips, nothing as imaginative as yours. But we did go see Ratatouille this Sunday to help booster the anticipation.....I ended up using the spiral binder for my booklets and organized them based on the walk around booths based on the brochure. I insterted a "best of show" card at the end....That will be hard to complete I am sure....Thanks again for doing all of this..

I will copy Remy and Emil for my trip report.....How cute...and cannot wait to see you and the gang at 5:45.....

Our newpaper ran an article on the F&W - not as good as the one Jasmine posted.

Mis Jasmine - boo hoo - the team lost, the only bad thing this weekend...well, besides the weather, rainy and windy - but we do need the rain, not however, the wind....

Have I mentioned lately that I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH Michelle, having very long hair myself, I will suggest that you prob. do not want to wear yours down for the PFTS. Trust me on this...Mine will be in a braid for the day and Up for the Party.....

I'll check in later...

OH! I almost forgot to mention!!! I did edit the score cards, so you might want to double check what you printed out. Not a lot changed, except for the Dominican Republic. There were only a few other changes here and there, plus I added the prices. Soooo, you probably don't need to print them all out again...

Thanks for the tip about the hair. I will probably wear it up, too. I hope it doesn't rain!!!

-Michelle

Hello everyone! In exactly three days we'll be heading for the airport! :banana:

Michelle, you and your family look great! You guys even match! :D

I just bought myself a new pair of jeans and a silk blouse. I'm either going with that or a brown and green sleeveless dress. If I wear the dress, I'll bring a brown sweater too. Once again the issue is shoes. I refuse to wear a heel at a Disney park. :laughing:

DH has no idea what he's wearing. He'll wing it as usual.

OH! I almost forgot to mention!!! I did edit the score cards, so you might want to double check what you printed out. Not a lot changed, except for the Dominican Republic. There were only a few other changes here and there, plus I added the prices. Soooo, you probably don't need to print them all out again...

Thanks for the tip about the hair. I will probably wear it up, too. I hope it doesn't rain!!!

-Michelle

Thanks - no time to reprint so we will have to adjust. I printed the OK wines on a stickey and added them to the back side of the score cards. I was not able to work the program to print double sided, so mine are missing the notes.
We can still write on the back, only not as neatly. Hey, I'm just excited about keeping score.

What changed with the DR? I will have to look at that one...

We are south of Orlando and are having terrible rain and wind storms, but they come and go. When they come it is a windy bucket drencher. I have just decided that we will get wet - at least it is still warm.

Barb- we've decided not to wear heels either. So, no pictures that show our feet! We'll all look great from the ankle up :)

Just checking in as we leave tommorrow. The plan is still to meet around 5:45 at the bench area near the lagoon across from the entrance, right? Is there a backup for rain?

Just checking in as we leave tommorrow. The plan is still to meet around 5:45 at the bench area near the lagoon across from the entrance, right? Is there a backup for rain?

Good point! I HOPE it doesn't rain!!! :headache: If it does, then we will just have to wait to meet inside the Party for the Senses building after they start letting people in at 6pm or so. I'm sure we will find each other. Don't forget to look for the DIS table signs inside the event, if you can't find us! :thumbsup2

EpcotMap.jpg

Have a safe trip!
See you soon!
-Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter