Parting gifts from Oceaneers Club and Lab?

The Disney Family

Earning My Ears
I read in a recent trip report that on the Castaway Cay day, the children received a hat from the Lab, and a lunchbag and water bottle from the Club, upon return to the ship. I am wondering if anyone has more information on this? It said in the trip report that her children attended special classes. I know my kids won't want to miss out. Thanks. :wave:

on the 7-day cruise my daughter received a lunch bag & bottle. i believe it was on castaway day. i don't know what the rationale is on receiving them (i.e., do you have to go to the club a certain amount of times, etc.). my daughter went to a few things everyday but didn't overdo going there.

on all cruises children who participate in the discover the magic show receive a free t-shirt.

on the 7-day cruise kids who went to the goofy pajama party got a cute small pillow that they colored and got to keep.

On our past two cruises our son spent some time in the lab each day-maybe an hour or two when we went to the comedy show, wine taste etc. However he never hit it right to get any gift. This kinda seems unfair as he was quite dissapointed that other kids did get stuff. On castaway Cay day we do family stuff so I guess he will miss out on our upcomming trip too. Maybe you can ask in advance when the freebies are but then you may look greedy?:confused:

My kids never got anything either - I didn't even know about it. Maybe you have to go to the clubs on Castaway Cay to get it? Ours stayed with us on the beach that day, but went straight to the clubs when we got back on board to practice for the show they do. They got the t-shirt from the show, but no lunch bag or anything.

it's been a while since our last cruise but i'm pretty sure our daughter got the lunch bag/bottle in the evening of castaway cay. i'm thinking that there was something she and her friends wanted to do in the club after dinner and when we picked her up the gift was there. she didn't go to the club while we were at castaway cay - too much swimming, etc. to do instead so i know that the gifts weren't given out there on our cruise. i'm sure timing has alot to do with it. i would ask, expecially since you have cruised before. by the way, on the 3 and 4 day cruises we took she didn't get a "parting gift"; just on the 7-day cruise.

According to the navigators I've seen, the child must attend at least one "main event" each day (these are marked on the navigators with a Mickey face) to qualify for the gifts.

Thanks everybody for the info. I will let you know if I find out any new information after the cruise.

Looks like we will be seeing you Diamond_Girls!! Hope you are getting as excited as we are.:earsgirl:

Ya know it's funny... I never did figure that out. DS9 (at the time) practically LIVED at the lab except for port days, including castaway cay day (it was raining & he didn't want to leave the lab activities), but the only "gift" he ever received was a t-shirt at the final show (both cruises). Oh well. Never did figure out how the others ended up w/ hats & stuff, but he didn't mind because he had such a great time anyway - morning, noon & night. Just always has been a curious thing to me...?? :rolleyes:

It is just like Diamond Girls said - the navigator has a special mickey mark by each "main acitivity" for that day (there will be more than one on most days). The child is required to participate in at least one per day (including Castaway Cay day). My children's parting gifts were delivered to the stateroom Friday night (on the 7 day). Course, they practically lived there the entire week ;) !

Yes your child has to attend one main activity each day.

We spent all day at Castaway Cay. Then came in and the kids went to rehersal for "Discovery The Magic" show. They are given the tee shirts at this time, to wear during the show. You child can be in this even if they only went to the clubs once.

Our kids stayed with us 99.9% of the time on the cruise, but went to Pj party, and Flubber making etc...

The gifts were on the bed at the end of Friday evening. It was a nice surprise.

Enjoy your dreams on the MAGIC!

Anne:wave:

MAIN EVENTS......

8 & 9 year olds

Quackamations (sunday 10:00am-11:15am)
Digital Postcards (Sunday 3:15pm-4:30pm)
The 4th Pig's Pasta Palace (Sunday 10:30pm-11:30pm)
Goofy Files (Monday 10:00am-11:30am)
Captain's Corner (Monday 1:15pm-2:00pm)
Regatta Racers (Monday 3:15pm-4:30pm)
Apprentice's workshop (Monday 9:45pm-10:45pm)
Radio Waves (Tuesday 1:30pm-3:00pm)
Sports Challenge(Tuesday 3:15pm-4:00pm)
Ultimate Challenge (Tuesday 6:15pm-7:15pm)
Glow in OBC (Tuesday 9:30pm-10:30pm)
Villains( Wednesday 1:00pm-2:30pm)
Disney Game Show (Wednesday8:15pm-9:00pm)
Marblemania ( Wednesday 9:15pm-10:15pm)
Goofy world records( Thursday 11:15am-12:15pm)
Make a Mousepad (Thursday4:00pm-5:15pm)
Now a word from our Sponsor (Thursday 9:15pm-10:45pm)

3 & 4 year olds

Hats off to Peter Pan! (Sunday 1:30pm-2:30pm)
Where's Tink? (Sunday 6:45pm-7:45pm)
Mouseketeers in Training (Monday 10:00am-11:00am)
Pooh Stretches (Monday 1:00pm-1:45pm)
Swingin' with Tarzan (Monday 6:45pm-7:45pm)
Ariel'sSea Friends (Tuesday 2:45pm-4:00pm)
PumBaa's PJ Party (Tuesday 8:15pm-10:00pm)
Welcome to Wonderland (Wednesday 3:30pm-4:30pm)
Do Si Do with Snow White (Wednesday 6:45pm-7:45pm)
Flounder's Fish Tales ( Thursday 10:00am-11:15am)
King Triton's Royal Court (Thursday 3:30pm-4:30pm)
Bubbles Bonanza (Thursday 6:45pm-8:00pm)

There are no Main Events on Castaway Cay Day. Just the show. Discover the Magic rehearsal 4:00pm-4:45pm
Discover the Magic show 5:00pm-5:30pm

Hope this helps everyone. Have a wonderful time. We sure did!

Anne:D

so if your child misses ONE even they lose out? that doesn't seem fair.

We just cruised on June 15-(7 day)---DD 5 and DD 6--I questioned this right up front-they stated to us they had to attend 5 different activities "that had the hat" on navigator and anytime before the last day and the girls would receive a gift (we made sure we went to 5) and they did. Really cute-it was the lunch box and water bottle-plue the t-shirt.

Now I'm getting picky, I know, but I just read that list (thanks for sharing) & counted the ones I was aware of that DS attended (most of them) & it was far more than 5. (?)

I'm wondering now if when they sign themseves in & out it makes a difference? (He was almost 10 & we let him do this as long as he got permission on his radio & we knew where he was going.) He was there so much that he even ate with them for lunch most days.

Oh well, as I said he still had a wonderful time!! Maybe next time...
:p

Does it have to be five seperate days? What if my son did two main events one day and one on three other days or three one day and two another day? I would like him to get the surprise this time.

This is another of those glad-I-read-it-before-we- sailed items. DGDs don't need "stuff" but feeling left out isn't fun.

Actually DS wasn't really aware of the gifts so didn't ever feel left out. I was looking at this because of all the info I read here, of course.

He did comment on some hats in the lab once, but I really don't think he felt left out of anything - especially if they receive the gifts on the last night - it's sort of descreet of them!

It might be really a fun thing for them I think - even though it is more stuff...
:smooth:

I'm more easily impressed by the stuff than he is it seems!!!:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Thanks Anne for listing all those main events. I believe yours was the trip report I read that had the info to begin with. (Enjoyed the trip report by the way.)

Thanks for everyone's help. With or without the, "stuff," my DD's will have a great time!! :earsgirl:

P.S.- I'm so excited I'm having trouble sleeping!!;) To have such problems, I know.

Just to be sure I would ask when you first sign up so you know what needs to be done to get the gifts. Thats what we did when they told us about the "five" events--but as you know sometimes we get different stories from different people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter