• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Participating Airlines

dewrlw

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me which airlines participate in the on-board check-in program. We've cruised before, so I know Air Tran participates. I'm not sure I will be using them for our September cruise - not really interested in how South West operates and I am afraid Air Tran policies will change. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me which airlines participate in the on-board check-in program. We've cruised before, so I know Air Tran participates. I'm not sure I will be using them for our September cruise - not really interested in how South West operates and I am afraid Air Tran policies will change. Thanks.

From the FAQ sticky:

Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, United/Ted Airlines and US Airways it's the perfect ending to a magical cruise vacation! Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to two bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.

I wish Southwest would become involved with this...especially with the Air Tran merger...makes no sense to me.

What exactly is this and how does this work? I looked in the FAQs but didn't see anything.

What exactly is this and how does this work? I looked in the FAQs but didn't see anything.

From the FAQ sticky (at the top of the first page here):

Onboard Airline Check-In - DCL Check-In Information, Form from DCL if you need to pay the airline for overweight or extra bags, DCL complete air transportation information

When you register for Onboard Airline Check-In, you are entitled to:
Receive your boarding passes and check your luggage for your return flight before you disembark the ship
Skip luggage claim at the port terminal
Bypass the airline check-in counter at the airport
Here's how it works: Reserve air or ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line® and sign up for Onboard Airline Check-In when you check in for your cruise at the port or a Walt Disney World® Resort Hospitality Desk. On the day prior to disembarkation, your airline boarding passes and valet luggage tags will magically be delivered to your stateroom, along with a letter answering common questions you may have. Attach the tags to your luggage and leave your bags outside your stateroom the evening prior to disembarkation. Disney Cruise Line® will collect and deliver your luggage to your airline. When you arrive at Orlando International Airport, proceed to security with your boarding passes already in hand and continue on to your scheduled departure gate. It's that simple!

Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, United/Ted Airlines and US Airways it's the perfect ending to a magical cruise vacation! Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to two bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.

And from the DCL website:

Q: What is Onboard Airline Check-In?
A: Onboard Airline Check-In is a convenient service that provides Guests who have purchased Disney Cruise Line air or ground transportation the ability to check in their luggage for their flights and receive their airline boarding passes before they disembark the ship.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/onboard-services/airline-check-in-service/

How did I miss that? lol. :rotfl: thank you! I booked through the airline, so I can't participate, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter