• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Participating Airlines???

dzorn

DIS Addict
When you leave ship can you check your luggage like you can at some of the WDW hotels so it goes to the airport instead of having to lug it ourselves. If so which airlines are participating?

Denise in MI

Yes you can, but only if you use Disney transfers from the ship to the airport, or if you pay a fee for the baggage. I don't have a complete list, but Delta and American participate. Smaller and or discount carriers like Airtran and Southwest do not.

I think we are going to rent a car instead of doing the transfers with the 6 of us it seems will save money. Was hoping to avoid having to lug the stuff would allow for more selection in rental. Decisions Decisions. Southwest had good flight times and cost but I hate the thougt of no seat assignement.

Denise in MI

I think we are going to rent a car instead of doing the transfers with the 6 of us it seems will save money. Was hoping to avoid having to lug the stuff would allow for more selection in rental. Decisions Decisions. Southwest had good flight times and cost but I hate the thougt of no seat assignement.

Denise in MI

With 6 of you, you'd save money or at least break even if you use a car service. That way you don't have to handle the luggage, or worry about getting back and forth to the rental agency. I'd originally booked the rental car option myself for our party of 7, but now we'll be delivered to and picked up from the ship by Happy Limo. I figured, getting off the ship that last morning is hectic enough without having to go pickup a rental car.

If you do the rental option. I was able to book a 12 pax van from Avis - which would leave plenty of room for luggage - for $45 for a o/w rental from the port to MCO! I'm not sure if it was a fluke or not. (We are not traveling until December.)

Yes you can, but only if you use Disney transfers from the ship to the airport, or if you pay a fee for the baggage. I don't have a complete list, but Delta and American participate. Smaller and or discount carriers like Airtran and Southwest do not.

I just got off the Magic on the 15th and flew AirTran. Never touched my bags til I got home after putting them in the hall the night before we got off.

I believe AirTran is new because the have the debarkation talk on the TV and AirTran is not mentioned as one of the airlines.

Bill

Airtran is not one of the check-ins at the Port. I believe the previous poster used a new service that Disney is trying. They are working on a new on-board airline check-in. They are only selecting a few guests each sailing to work out the bugs I believe. There are a few airlines they are using that don't have a check-in counter at the Port. Hope this clears up any confusion

I just got off the Magic on the 15th and flew AirTran. Never touched my bags til I got home after putting them in the hall the night before we got off.

I believe AirTran is new because the have the debarkation talk on the TV and AirTran is not mentioned as one of the airlines.

Bill

I'm curious, did you put on white tags or color tags the last night? White tags would have been the new on-board airline check-in

I'm curious, did you put on white tags or color tags the last night? White tags would have been the new on-board airline check-in

We put on white tags. Our last full day at sea when we went to dinner the cabin steward said he was leaving our airline stuff in the room. In it were our white tags for the luggage and our boarding passes for the flight.

All we had to do was get off the bus and go to the security checkpoint and then sit and wait for the flight. Doesn't get much better than that.:)

Bill

For those of you that did use the transfer did you take the disney bus. We are still thinking of renting a car because it looks like our flight will not leave till the evening with a car we could shop for a bit and still have time for our flight.

Denise in MI

For those of you that did use the transfer did you take the disney bus. We are still thinking of renting a car because it looks like our flight will not leave till the evening with a car we could shop for a bit and still have time for our flight.

Denise in MI

Yes we took the bus. We sat in the airport for 5 hours as our flight wasn't until 2:15pm.

I believe you can do the luggage thing independently for $25pp or was it per family. Not sure though so just ask once onboard.

Bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: BAGS Command Center [mailto:commandcenter@airportbags.com]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 8:08 AM

Cc: Airport Bags Info
Subject: Luggage service for Disney cruise line

Good morning,

We do provide our Airline luggage service for Disney Wonder and Disney Magic. Any other questions please let us know.

Best Regards,
Jeannette

COMMAND CENTER
B.A.G.S. INC.
321-251-5435
CommandCenter@AirportBags.Com

You can only use Airtran with the on-board airline check-in. As far as I know you have to be selected on board for this

As far as I know it's on some kind of lottery. From what I understand they eventually want to do all airline check-in on board. Right now they are averaging 300-500 bags for this as I believe they are trying to iron out all the details. They have had to redo part of the luggage hall to accommodate this. For anyone that has sailed recently they may have noticed we no longer have a tan or yellow section and as they include more luggage, some of the other sections may disappear to make room for the airline folks to come in a tag the extra bags.

As far as I know it's on some kind of lottery. From what I understand they eventually want to do all airline check-in on board. Right now they are averaging 300-500 bags for this as I believe they are trying to iron out all the details. They have had to redo part of the luggage hall to accommodate this. For anyone that has sailed recently they may have noticed we no longer have a tan or yellow section and as they include more luggage, some of the other sections may disappear to make room for the airline folks to come in a tag the extra bags.

I don't know how they work it but as I stated earlier I flew in on AirTran. When I was getting on the bus they gave us the form to fill out. We filled it out on the bus and handed it in at the terminal when we checked in.

So you're saying we got lucky and were picked for this service?

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter