Part Time Florida Resident

pcb123

Earning My Ears
I am a Part Time Florida Resident and was looking to purchase the 4 day Discovery Ticket for my wife and I and had some questions about requirements for proof of residency. I read the Disney Policy online, and called to get clarification and got some conflicting answers from the reps. Below are my questions?

1) How many dated items within the last 2 months do I need? The first rep told me we needed almost all of them (which I didn’t think was correct) while the next rep told me I only needed one (in my case checking statement).

2) If my checking statement has both my wife and I on it, since it is a joint account, will that one statement suffice for both of us? (In addition I have my mortgage statement that only has my name on it since I purchased before we were married)

3) Do I need 2 months of statements or just one in the last 2 months?

4) When I purchase the pass online with my credit card, does the billing and mailing address have to be in Florida? (currently my CC billing address is for the other state I live part time in)

5) Where do I pick these tickets up and show my statements? Can it be done at any Disney Hotel, or just at the ticket booth?

Anyone can pay for your ticket - they shouldn't care what the billing/mailing address is. They wont mail it, it'll be a will-call ticket. They're going to check the ID before giving it to you.

You pick them up at pretty much any ticket window.

My experience has been that you just need one form of "ID" - I used my new utility bill for an AP in California after I moved there from Florida as a grad student (two months later Disney came out with Premiere dual-coast passes and I qualified as having both passes.. as a resident of both states.. that really baffled Disney but they agreed I was "legit" and gave me the pass for free).

1. When you call a Disney number, unless you really know the person you are specifically calling you are getting a call center. These are in Orlando, Tampa, Utah, North Carolina, Kansas and Texas. Some of the people working at them have never been to WDW or DLR.

2. For at least a year the people on the phones have said you cannot pick up package tickets early. Nobody has reported this actually happening. And there are CMs on this board who say it is not true.

3. For several years people at reservations have been saying that you cannot use a MNSSHP or MVMCP ticket to get into MK before 7:00. For many years the actual policy is you can get into MK with a Party ticket at 4:00.

4. If you ask a question on DisBoards (especially this forum) and person gives a wrong answer there will be at least a half dozen people jumping in with the correct information.

These are the official rules:

Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out-of-state family or friends.

An adult Florida Resident may purchase Florida Resident media for more than one Florida Resident from any location that provides an exchange certificate and not an actual ticket.

Children under the age of 18 are not required to provide proof of Florida residency if they are accompanied by an adult with valid proof of Florida residency

If the Guest has an exchange certificate, a valid form of Florida ID will be required when the exchange certificate is redeemed for the actual pass

One ticket only per valid proof of Florida residence (a Florida resident may buy tickets for minors in the party)

Exchange Certificates may say:

"After sale..., may not be transferred except as a gift." This means that the certificate may be given as a gift, so long as the recipient meets the defined Florida residency criteria.

"Purchase and redemption of this exchange certificate requires proof of Florida Residency."

The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
* Valid Florida State Drivers License
* Valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
* Valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases listed below:
(List of bases removed as unneeded)

As of August 20, 2010, Voter Registration Card is no longer an allowed ID
As of August 20, 2010, Florida University/College Student ID is no longer allowed

For Part-Year Residents the following original documents are acceptable.

Note that fax and photocopies are not acceptable, that bills and mail cannot be more than two months old, that PO Box addresses are not allowed, and items related to Time Shares are not permitted.
Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Monthly mortgage statement
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

Effective August 20, 2010 Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a Deed, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease are no longer allowed.

Thanks for the info everyone. I called again just to make sure and the rep appeared knowledgeable and said that a mortgage statement or bank statement within the last 2 months of when i pick up the tickets is sufficient.

I had a follow up on the billing and shipping address. If I used my out of state address for both (since my CC is my out of state ID) will the first time that i show my in state address will be at the time of ticket pick up? Will purchasing through the disney website for tickets allow me to use an out of state billing and shipping address?

thanks

We have recently purchase a second home in Florida
I was reading that a copy of our utility bill would work for our id

The bills are only in my name Do I have to have my husbands name on a utility bill in orrder to get his ticket.

WE do not have FL drivers license

The bills are only in my name Do I have to have my husbands name on a utility bill in orrder to get his ticket.

We are snowbirds living in Florida October-April and I don't have a FL drivers license. I take my copy of my Florida electric bill. You won't have a problem if you both get you tickets at the same time.

Yes (or use a different bill that is allowed) and that is such a pain. For us my husband uses his IL DL and the utility bill and I use my IL DL and then a copy of our insurance bill which fortunately comes right around the time my AP is renewed. I really wish we would have had the utility bill put in one name and the cable in the other. This year though I am going to get a FL bank account and that will work in the future.

Liz

1) All the new requirements were made to
. . . stop people with timeshares from claiming resident discounts.
. . . make it over all harder to qualify for resident status
2) With a timeshare,
. . . the utility bills usually are not in your name.
. . . you normally do not have a Florida bank account
3) But, a "second home" or "vacation home" would
. . . probably has a true mortgage and not a timeshare loan
. . . has utility bills in your name
. . . you *should* have a bill in your own name, but we usually allow a spouse
. . . as long as last name is the same, I assume they are a household
. . . but, some CM's stick to the YOUR name on a bill rule
4) Voucher redemption
. . . vouchers can be sent out of state
. . . vouchers can be redeemed at any WDW resort concierge desk
. . . personally, not sure about DTD-area non-WDW resorts desks
5 Frequently, ressie people do give you bad info.
. . . I have allowed many resident discounts for husband & wife
. . . bought outright and as voucher redemptions
. . . this was with only a single utility bill in one person's name

NOTE: I have also sold many resident tickets to Florida grandparents
for their grandkids, even though grandkids live out-of-state. Children
under 18 do not need a Florida ID or other proof of residence - just the
person buying the residence tickets.

Thanks for the info everyone. My second home is a condo that I purchased before I got married. I have no utilities as I pay one large
Condo due (hard to write that monthly check) but that covers insurance cable water electric etc. Therefore all i have is a mortgage statement that I can get monthly and the only thing with my wife's name is a bank statement that we get at the condo.

What if you don't get your statements through the mail though. Will they accept a printout from the bank?

What if you don't get your statements through the mail though. Will they accept a printout from the bank?

Yes I know they will accept printouts.

My husband and I have different AP dates and are usually not together when getting APs so bringing in a bill with his name on it probably won't work for me. We don't have a mortgage but have the condo maintenance fee but I don't think they will take that because timeshare people have stuff like that too.

Liz

Thanks for the info everyone. My second home is a condo that I purchased before I got married. I have no utilities as I pay one large
Condo due (hard to write that monthly check) but that covers insurance cable water electric etc. Therefore all i have is a mortgage statement that I can get monthly and the only thing with my wife's name is a bank statement that we get at the condo.

Those should both work - you only need your ID (and it can be out of state) and then one of the items in state so you can use the mortgage statement and your wife can use the bank statement.

Liz

. . . all i have is a mortgage statement that I can get monthly and the only thing with my wife's name is a bank statement that we get at the condo.

1) If you came to my desk with the above, I would have no problem.
2) The bank statement to a Florida address is a biggie.
3) Accompanied with the mortgage bill, I would do it.
4) BUT, THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF OTHERS.

I realize this is an old thread, but I am hoping to do this in November.

We own a house in Winter Park, pay utilities (husband's name only) and have two bank accounts (one in each of our names). We will be bringing statements with the Florida address on them to GR to show our proof of residency with our NC licenses, and hopefully will not have any issues getting an annual pass. (a little anxious about this, but hope that it works as stated in posts above.) Anyone have any recent experience with this?

I was wondering if you can take it a step further - can we book a hotel and show these items at check-in as proof of residency to receive a discount on the hotel? If not, then we will just stay for free at our house. I was wanting to stay one night on our anniversary at a a deluxe on November 23rd. The FL rate is a little cheaper than the regular fall rate. Probably shouldn't risk it without the pass in hand? We are arriving on the 23rd to the Orlando area for the week. Busy week to use a new annual pass!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter