• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to brag on my DH!! He came home from work yesterday and handed me a notebook that he had made for me. He printed out info on POFQ and then printed out all our ADR's, put them in order and printed menus for each one so that I could start looking through them to see what I might want to order at each restaurant! All we have to add to it is the calendar for all the parks with their hours, etc!! Don't know if it's possible to get anymore excited than I already am!!

I have to brag on my DH!! He came home from work yesterday and handed me a notebook that he had made for me. He printed out info on POFQ and then printed out all our ADR's, put them in order and printed menus for each one so that I could start looking through them to see what I might want to order at each restaurant! All we have to add to it is the calendar for all the parks with their hours, etc!! Don't know if it's possible to get anymore excited than I already am!!
Aw, how sweet! My DH doesn't even know what an ADR is.

Ooooo, that sound good but what is it?

It's like an oreo, but they mix mint flavoring and bits of candy cane into the filling. It's super yummy :9 They also sell them dipped in dark chocolate and then rolled in bits of candy cane - man, are they good! :)

DisneyDreamerMN said:
Good Afternoon fellow December Disers! Two great things to report today!

1. Two weeks from today I will be landing at MCO and searching for ME!!!

2. As of this morning I have lost 40 lbs since July!!! pixiedust:

I went shopping this morning and was able to get into jeans that were 4 sizes smaller! I did not purchase them though, I am holding out for 1 more size :flower3:

Have a great afternoon!

Yay for you! I've lost just over 40 lbs too, and am trying for 10 lbs more.

SAT887 said:
I am in agreement with this. So many people let the littlest things become HUGE issues. No one is perfect, and if most of the time I am being treated well and enjoying myself - guess what I can handle the rest!! Sometimes I think people aren't happy unless they are complaining - also companies like Disney have created some of these behaviors. The same people that will complain about waiting in line for one thing or anothers have never complained about standing in line at walmart for 30 mins.

I need to do this NOW! 13 days! :scared: I tend to wear jeans a lot, as well as jean capris or shorts so I never really worry about it. I also do the same with the kiddos, bring a lot of mix and match clothes.

I agree that some people just look for things to complain about. Disney isn't perfect, but I've been treated better there than anywhere for any other vacation I have taken.

I'm hoping to start packing this afternoon. I'm going to be working every single day after today until the day I leave, including all day Thanksgiving. Today is the last day I have to get the bulk of the stuff done, since ill only an hour or so every evening after today to do everything I need to do, Disney related and not! :scared:

I'd try to see if you could move the CP one back an hour or two instead of losing it and having another credit to use ... enjoy an hour or two of rides, grab a FP, then go enjoy your breakfast.

No breakfast ADRs at all the day we currently have it booked. TouringPlans is rating it a 8.3 right now...but I think I'll still leave it. We'll be in MK the day before starting at 8AM with our CRT ADR, and will be in the park til midnight because of MVMCP. Plus, with MK staying open til 11PM the day we CP breakfast, I think we'll be OK for touring time.

Exactly. Is Disney expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? In my opinion, it's more than worth it. You pay a premium for premium service and entertainment, simple as that. I know people hate the comparisons to places like Six Flags, but it's entirely warranted. You'll pay just as much, if not more on food and souvenirs at other theme parks, and you'll not come CLOSE to the magical/carefree/child like feeling you're going to get from WDW.

The cast members are always more than pleasant and willing to go the extra mile to make someone smile. The kids at Six Flags? They don't give a crap if you're having fun or not.

There's just something about being at Disney, seeing the castle, hearing the "Welcome home" whenever we pull into our DVC resort, and eating in such amazing and well thought out restaurants..it just floors me, every time.

Ok, I'm really, REALLY wishing the next two weeks would go by a little quicker now...

This, exactly. I've never been to WDW, but I know that I'll have a great time. I'm OK with the extra cost, because I know it'll be extra memorable.

That's awesome!

I haven't caught up on posts yet, but DBF just got back from getting a hair cut and look what he brought me!!!

2BDF6300-7CB7-4DC0-AF28-4792BB75E689-13920-00000EEB0AA5EF70.jpg

This, exactly. I've never been to WDW, but I know that I'll have a great time. I'm OK with the extra cost, because I know it'll be extra memorable.

Wait, what?

You've...never been?

This will be your first time seeing the castle, meeting the mouse, eating the food, getting lost in the magic of the world?

I am beyond envious.

You have no idea what you're in for. Well, you post on the DIS, you have to have SOME idea. :thumbsup2

PrincessAurora27 said:
I haven't caught up on posts yet, but DBF just got back from getting a hair cut and look what he brought me!!!

Aww, he's so sweet! And that looks yummy!

WedgieSock said:
So, how do the change of hours affect me?
We get there for an 8am ADR at CRT and plan on staying til 12am ..... we will do the second Main Street Electrical Parade as it will be less crowded.

HA! We are going to be cream crackered* that day!

But like we always says, we can sleep after Disney :thumbsup2

* Definition: Cream Crackered = Knackered = really tired!
Origins: Cockney rhyming slang term that came about in the 1950s after Jacobs Cream Crackers which are very similar to Carrs Water crackers. Every home in the UK has a pack.

Didn't know that did ya :teeth:

ETA: Also DHS is adding another F! at 8pm so now I need to decide if to switch or not because at the moment our dinner is quite late (due to the first F!)
The same two things are affecting my plan. I definitely want to do the 2nd msep but not sure if I want to move my 8p Kouzzina Adr for the 2nd Fantasmic showing on the 9th ... decisions decisions. (This is my first time using the disboard app on my new phone so apologies for spelling errors ... Also why doesn't my phones dictionary know what fantasmic or adr is? Lol)
Destructsean said:
Exactly. Is Disney expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? In my opinion, it's more than worth it. You pay a premium for premium service and entertainment, simple as that. I know people hate the comparisons to places like Six Flags, but it's entirely warranted. You'll pay just as much, if not more on food and souvenirs at other theme parks, and you'll not come CLOSE to the magical/carefree/child like feeling you're going to get from WDW.

The cast members are always more than pleasant and willing to go the extra mile to make someone smile. The kids at Six Flags? They don't give a crap if you're having fun or not.

There's just something about being at Disney, seeing the castle, hearing the "Welcome home" whenever we pull into our DVC resort, and eating in such amazing and well thought out restaurants..it just floors me, every time.
Exactly. This is how I feel every time dh wants to afford days at knots very farm and six flags. Only at the beginning of a trip will we go to other parks now because the quality of dlr (and im guessing wdw) is so much higher. ..
DisneyDreamerMN said:
Good Afternoon fellow December Disers! Two great things to report today!

1. Two weeks from today I will be landing at MCO and searching for ME!!!

2. As of this morning I have lost 40 lbs since July!!! pixiedust:

I went shopping this morning and was able to get into jeans that were 4 sizes smaller! I did not purchase them though, I am holding out for 1 more size :flower3:

Have a great afternoon!
Wow that's fantastic! Congrats!
hummingbird149 said:
Can we trade dh's? I'm jealous ... though this does make me think it's something I should do for the men in our group ... hmm ...
levenhopper said:
No breakfast ADRs at all the day we currently have it booked. TouringPlans is rating it a 8.3 right now...but I think I'll still leave it. We'll be in MK the day before starting at 8AM with our CRT ADR, and will be in the park til midnight because of MVMCP. Plus, with MK staying open til 11PM the day we CP breakfast, I think we'll be OK for touring time.
Wow an 8.3 day? Whee! Hopefully you'll be able to snag one fp before your adr ...

Exactly. This is how I feel every time dh wants to afford days at knots very farm and six flags. Only at the beginning of a trip will we go to other parks now because the quality of dlr (and im guessing wdw) is so much higher. ..

It's funny. I've been to both WDW and DL a few times, and I've found that the "magic" happens much, much more at WDW.

One of the main reasons for this, I've noticed, is that the cast members at WDW are just MUCH, MUCH nicer/happier to be there. It seemed at DL that most of the people employed there were local teenagers. Everyone had a name tag that showed they were from southern CA, and they just didn't seem interested.

At WDW, it seems like a much more diverse group of people, all extremely happy to make someone's day magical.

In summation, DL was nice, WDW is heaven. :)

taaren said:
Wow an 8.3 day? Whee! Hopefully you'll be able to snag one fp before your adr ...

I know. I'd change MK days, but that's the night we have our BOG reservation, and I know I won't be able to rebook that one. But with MVMCP the night before, I think (hope) we'll have enough time to do everything we want.

I know. I'd change MK days, but that's the night we have our BOG reservation, and I know I won't be able to rebook that one. But with MVMCP the night before, I think (hope) we'll have enough time to do everything we want.

I'm sure you will be okay, especially since it's open so late that night. After 9ish a lot of the families with younger kids leave so the lines shorten quite a bit and you can get in several last minute rides :thumbsup2

Just snagged a reservation at O'hana's for Christmas Eve! Woo Hoo!

Wow, that is quite a find! :banana:

PrincessAurora27 said:

I see take out food in the background... (Sigh) I miss take out from yummy places...

And VERY sweet :D

Wow! You guys are a prolific group! I love it!

Welcome! :wave2:

Yes, this is a fun, and funny, group!!

We arrive on the 6th too! Where are you staying?

Thanks! We're starting out at Coronado Springs and then doing 2 nights at AoA:Little Mermaid at the end. We've only stayed at CR and Bay Lake before so I'm excited to check out some different resorts. I'm also a little nervous since Pop Warner will be at CSR for the first few nights of our stay, but I'm pretty determined not to let it bother me/us.

We're an absolute blast!! You came to the right place! We have a few wild and crazy gals, a few nutty men and we're in the process of trying to marry a few of us off! See, wonderful all the way around! We like handcuffs and blindfolds and we'll scrapbook about it all! :rotfl2:

I have certainly been called crazy myself. And handcuffs and blindfolds can be the secret to a great time :)

And I'm kinda scrapbooky, in a kind of non traditional way. I just started posting some pictures of the book I made after I got back from my last trip in 2010 (way too long ago).

Ok, now I have to get back to reading and trying to catch up!
Thanks for the warm welcomes guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter