PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have a trader joes by us so we stock up on three buck chuck (used to be two buck chuck in the good ole days) whenever we go somewhere with a trader joes!!

Ok...thought I had it all figured out, but I'm second guessing things. I need opinions please!

Is Epcot really a green park on both Saturday 12/8 and Sunday 12/9?

Why is DHS red almost the entire week of 12/6-12/9?

Loving that Decemeber is right around the corner...then I can stop being so crazy :rolleyes: about planning and just ENJOY our vacation :cool1:

I have an old crowd calendar incorporated in my spreadsheet, i guess....bc I have Epcot as not so good for those 2 days.

:lmao: No hun, no actual bus news, just the usual rants. The board got moved to Transport and the Mod deleted tons of posts including some of mine.

I still have no idea what thread you guys are talking about!

I am in as well! DH said no vacations in 2013 (stupid roof needs to be replaced) so this would be an excuse to go. "But honey, all my DIS friends will be there!"

My dh was decidedly against a trip next year....but when I showed him pics of the MNSSHP he seemed interested...then I mentioned a bb offer this trip.....then I threw F&W in there. Folks, I may have done it ;) I guess we'll see. I do have a question about how to convert tickets to an Annual Passport, though. If we have 8 day hoppers how much would it be to upgrade?

Ha! People only THINK those Brazilian tour groups are bad. Wait until they see 400+ Dissers drinking their way around the world :lmao:

But that gives me an idea - we could go during F&W! (which conveniently lines up with MNSSHP 'cause, you know, we'll just HAVE to compare that to all our MVMCP experiences)

Oh.....this would work!

Its been a busy day today!

All this talk of wine .... my drink of choice is Coke & ice. I don't drink at all, gave up when I was 22. Trust me, I was doing the world a service, you'll thank me for that. You're welcome :thumbsup2

Hmmm what to do tonight *taps fingers on table* ...... oh yeah, eat cake :rotfl:

We are arriving late the 5th and staying until the 11th. Woohoo!! :cool1:

Welcome!

Just found this thread! I will be coming with DW and another couple Dec 15-21 (BCV for the first three days then BLT for the last three). We're doing MVMCP for the first time Dec. 18!

We went last year before Christmas with the same couple and had a blast! We're looking forward to being back again this year!!

How wonderful!

I can't believe I just found this thread! It looks so fun here, I wish I had been a part of it for the last 6 months while I've been obsessed and counting down! I think doing the poll will be a great way to introduce myself!

1. How many days till your upcoming trip? 21. That means 3 weeks from today! We'll be there the 6th through the 13th.

2. What do you have done? Tons of stuff. I love to plan and organize! We have our plans and ADRs. We have our photopass+, park tickets, luggage tags. We have a fair amount of Disney clothes (yes, I'm one of those people) and accessories. I can't even list all the stuff I've done over the months to prepare for this most excellent vacation.

3. What do you have remaining to do? Still way too much! There's a tiny bit of shopping, a large bit of making stuff (tshirts, earrings, mousekeeping envelopes), hemming pants and of course packing. I'm not sure which pants/capris/shorts I'll be taking. Going in December makes that super tricky! Will it be bright and shiny? Will it be cold and cloudy? And how much will it change between rope drop and evening extra magic hours?? And learning how to use my new camera better. There's more, but it's on a list somewhere so I don't think about it obsessively.

4. Are you decorating your hotel room? Doubt. But then again you never know.

5. Any outstanding ADRs you are hoping to snatch up? I do sometimes check on Be Our Guest, but otherwise we are set. We can't do the dining plan this trip, but we still have plenty of ADRs.

6. Are there any last minute trip decisions you are still pondering? Not really. I've thought a LOT about it over the last many months.

7. How do you feel right now? (Excited? Overwhelmed? Stressed? All planned out? "Meh"? In a planning frenzy? Festive? Confused? Dorky?) Well, I always feel dorky... But in regards to the trip, I feel excited and overwhelmed and a little worried sometimes.

Like I said, I'm very glad to find you guys before we all head to the world! Hello!!

Welcome to our group! :)

Hello All!

We will be there Thursday, December 6th through Tuesday December 11th. Is there a DIS MEET going on anytime?

Thanks all!
Brunette

We'll be there the 9th-17th so we overlap a bit...Welcome to the group!

We'll be drinking our way around Epcot nearly every night from Dec 3-14 (Plan B). So I'm all in. :)

I just mentioned this to dh and he's :scared1: He wanted to know how early we had to be up the next morning......um.......the good news it's the latest we have to be up.....the bad news is we have to be at the bus stop at 7:45am. :eek:

We don't have a trader joes by us so we stock up on three buck chuck (used to be two buck chuck in the good ole days) whenever we go somewhere with a trader joes!!

Speaking of Trader Joe's - the Candy Cane Joe Joe's are now in stores!! :) I bought 4 boxes - we call it Christmas crack :rotfl:

Happy Birthday Mom2Cody! Sounds like you have had a pixie perfect day!

No worries. :goodvibes. I would just like to know!!!!! :rotfl2: Either way, I am going to Disney.

I hope you find out ASAP WHEN your trip is going to be!

Define cute. I bought this one at WDW last spring. I think it was $10-15

That is very cute! These are the ones Avon has which I am in love with. Mostly the Minnie

PROD_1145257_XL.jpg

Love the Minnie watch!

All this talk/pictures of chocolate is making my sweet tooth flare up - and I really intended to lose 5 lbs before leaving for this trip to make me feel less guilty about all the food I eat on vacation. Maybe I can rig my scale to tell me I'm 5 lbs lighter! :rotfl2:

Good luck with your job interviews :hug: I know it's hard out there! So what type of job are you looking for? You have a masters in Information Science right?

And I soooo agree with you on DDP - I worked my butt off (literally) to get healthy and drop 75lbs I don't want to over do it on the DDP when it doesn't fit our usual eating patterns.
I'm a librarian, I have an Masters in Library and Information Science. I shouldn't complain too much since I'm working regularly ... I substitute as a public librarian when people go on vacation, also as an academic librarian when people take leaves from the local community college, and then substitute teach when I'm not needed at any of those libraries. I'm looking for a school or public library technician position, since to get a librarian position you usually need 5+ years of librarian experience or to move up from within, and I have 5 years of technician experience so need to get in someplace permanent and then apply for an internal promotion after a year or two. Fortunately DH is in health care so our benefits are taken care of, its just frustrating to have to keep getting so close to being picked, then not. Sorry, rant over. Back to my usually scheduled Disney obsession. I think that's been the main thing keeping this from sliding into an actual depression.
OK...slight change in subject:

Anyone see the new "Dragons" stuff in relation to New Fantasyland?

Man, I'm hoping we all get to see what that's about on our December trips!
I'm guessing they'll unveil it on the 6th! I'm a huge SF/F geek/nerd, so I'm super excited about the dragon. Maleficent the dragon is even my cell phone wallpaper ... ;)
I am in as well! DH said no vacations in 2013 (stupid roof needs to be replaced) so this would be an excuse to go. "But honey, all my DIS friends will be there!"
Ooh, I think I could sell my DH on this ... ::yes:::rotfl:
Ha! People only THINK those Brazilian tour groups are bad. Wait until they see 400+ Dissers drinking their way around the world :lmao:
That would be a sight to see! :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:jumping1:
Welcome to our crazy but awesome group!

We're an absolute blast!! You came to the right place! We have a few wild and crazy gals, a few nutty men and we're in the process of trying to marry a few of us off! See, wonderful all the way around! We like handcuffs and blindfolds and we'll scrapbook about it all! :rotfl2:
Best introduction to this group ever!:rotfl:
Other than F&W, weekends tend to be slow. Saturdays everyone is at MK. Sundays are always low. Fridays are the busy day at Epcot.
I saw those super-low Epcot crowd numbers, and can't figure out for the life of me why its so hard to snag a Garden Grill reservation on Saturday/Sunday (or really all of the good Epcot restaurants) ... I guess people go into the park just to eat then leave?
Nice! In one month we will be arriving at BCV/ having lunch in EPCOT- this is a fun game!
Like several others, one month from today I'll be flying out of MCO back to California ... :eek:
That's funny - your Plan B is pretty much exactly the same as our Plan A for DSH this time around! We've got an afternoon scheduled on the 20th to hit Muppets, Jack Sparrow, Star Tours and Osborne Lights and then will be going for EMH on the 22nd solely to get in as many rides on TSM before the line backs up too bad as possible.

Personally, I could skip TSM in favor of getting to Epcot at rope drop on the 22nd to ride Soarin' and TT before our Akershus ADR, but TSM is sissy's favorite ride and I'd NEVER hear the end of it if I so much as suggested skipping it this trip.
I'd also be down for skipping TSM. I like it, but it never seems to be worth the line at DCA, and I hear its worse at DHS. Unfortunately its DS6's and DGFS4's favorite, so we probably won't get to skip it. I'm hoping the line won't be longer than 45 minutes towards the end of the EMH on Dec 2 or we'll be able to grab FPs for it on Dec 4 (though won't be running for it, as getting them into the Jedi Academy is our first priority that morning as its different in DLR).
Good Afternoon! Hope everyone is having a good day so far. This morning I was up bright and early to meet a friend for Breakfast at Shady Maple Smorgasboard (a HUGE buffet), since it's my birthday my meal was FREE! BONUS! Well I came home and my boys weren't home from my Mom's yet so I decided to stalk ADRs in hopes that Birthday pixiedust: Pixie Dust was around and oh my goodness was it ever. I got both CRT and CP (MK) to show for 835am:hyper:!! But it was asking me to pay in advance for CRT. Knowing I was using my dining plan I didn't want to pay over $100 OOP right now (even though I would have gotten it back) so I called Disney Dining to ask what to do. So the CM searched and actually found me an 805 at CRT for 12/5. AHHHHHH!!! I snatched that baby up! She was so surprised that she found 2 breakfast ADRs and a few lunch ADRs for CRT for the same day....someone is doing some major cancelling or replanning. But Pixie Dust pixiedust:for me I finally got my pre-park opening ADR for MK! I am beyond excited and my planning is OFFICIALLY done. We will end up having to rearrange some of our dining and pay OOP for at least one meal so I am off to figure out which meal would be cheapest to pay for:scratchin. Anyone hoping for an ADR, get on there today and check....you never know what may pop up!
:bday:You're making me want to go hunt for an early CRT reservation so I can get some morning shots of the castle with nobody in the park ... must resist temptation ...
We will be there 12/6 - 12/15 for my birthday (on the 8th)!!! :) :goodvibes
:wave2:Hi birthday buddy!
Abby and I have tickets to see the midnight release showing of the Hobbit on the Thursday night/Friday morning...and our flight leaves Friday at 8:45AM. Throw in Epcot PM EMH and we have a long day ahead of us. But I doubt either opus would have slept much anyway...we'll be too excited to sleep!
Ooh, the Hobbit ... I didn't realize it was coming out in the middle of my trip ... now I have to figure out a way to fit this into the plan ...

Its been a busy day today!

All this talk of wine .... my drink of choice is Coke & ice. I don't drink at all, gave up when I was 22. Trust me, I was doing the world a service, you'll thank me for that. You're welcome :thumbsup2

Hmmm what to do tonight *taps fingers on table* ...... oh yeah, eat cake :rotfl:

I don't really drink either, so we can drink Coke around the WS together! And document what everyone else is doing for future blackmailing needs! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

So rather than head straight to MK, we're gonna do AK first and get that out of the way. It's not a favorite for either of us but we do want to try and do EE, the bird show, and if we can, a safari... I'm thinking an ADR at Yak and Yeti might be in order! OOhhhhhh, for sure! (that just popped in my head, hence the excitement) the cream cheese eggroll dessert is on my list :thumbsup2

Oh, yes! We have a lunch ADR at Y&Y on our AK day.....I was worried about taking up too much park time for it......but while I wouldn't mind doing the safari again, it isn't necessary for either one of us. EE wasn't completed last time we went so that's #1 on our list as well as Birds of Flight (is that what it's called)? I must admit, the dessert at Y&Y is my motive!

Nice! In one month we will be arriving at BCV/ having lunch in EPCOT- this is a fun game!

One month from this moment we will be on our way to Poly for our 'Ohana ADR :) We'll be messing around WL beforehand and I may or may not be caught with a cupcake from Roaring Forks. I'm just sayin'

I just mentioned this to dh and he's :scared1: He wanted to know how early we had to be up the next morning......um.......the good news it's the latest we have to be up.....the bad news is we have to be at the bus stop at 7:45am. :eek:

We'll be drinking around the world too! So excited as we have tried on several trips and just never had the time. So this trip we are getting a big breakfast at Chef Mickey's and heading over. We'll be sharing drinks of course as I don't want to be sloppy drink at Disney World! ;)

ksromack said:
Oh my! Wanna lay odds the one neighbor kid told all the kids in chorus class that Mama Wedgie can't say no to a kid selling stuff? :rotfl2: I'm really just jealous. What I wouldn't give for chocolate dipped chocolate brownie!

Is the wine at Trader Joe's reasonable? Our Trader Joe's is close to dds apartment but we've only been a few times. What is your favorite?

I go and buy a variety of their cheap wine :) for $4-$8 a bottle id say its awesome! Basically I want some filler bottles when quality isn't as important....

Abby and I have tickets to see the midnight release showing of the Hobbit on the Thursday night/Friday morning...and our flight leaves Friday at 8:45AM. Throw in Epcot PM EMH and we have a long day ahead of us. But I doubt either opus would have slept much anyway...we'll be too excited to sleep!

Oh my goodness!!!! The last time I "pushed the envelope" on sleep was a couple of year's ago when we went to Phoenix with my son on a High School Band Trip. The last day we were there, we got up at 4:30am and took buses to Williams, AZ. Then it was a 2-hour train ride to the Grand Canyon, 3 hours at the Grand Canyon, train ride back to Williams, AZ and then back to Phoenix to catch a red-eye flight back to B'ham. By the time we got in that morning, we had been awake for 26 hours!!!

Sorry - I know that was off-topic!!

Yikes - one month from today we'll be in the Orlando airport, going in the wrong direction. :(

:rotfl:but you'll turn it around......

15 days for us!

And now reworking a whole new daily plan... :rotfl:

But I have to say, being just the two of us, it's really going to allow us to just go with the flow... :goodvibes

Buying park hoppers tonight from Undercover Tourist and doing express shipping for only $5... still saving us $35 so not to bad. Way I see it, that's at least 2-3 Grey Goose or Grand Mariner slushies at Epcot... :scratchin

Might have to start off with those nice little frozen babies :)

I need to make a mental note of what drinks we want to get in what country! When I posed this to dh this evening he wasn't so sure. Let's just say if this was 30 years ago I'd have been a pro at it (I learned more than biochemistry while in college) :rotfl2:

Hello! Wow, I'll never be able to read this entire thread!!

We'll be arriving in Disney on December 31st. I'm super excited to be there for New Years! I won't say which resort because I haven't revealed that info in my PTR yet. Here is the link to it:
In Loving Memory... We're Going Deluxe!

1. How many days till your upcoming trip? 46 days

2. What do you have done? Booked the resorts, the flight, and my DD's first haircut!

3. What do you have remaining to do? Figure out which park to go when, make ADRs, rent stroller

4. Are you decorating your hotel room? No

5. Any outstanding ADRs you are hoping to snatch up? Haven't made any, but based on a quick look at the dining reservation website, I shouldn't have too much trouble. Only want to make 5 anyway.

6. Are there any last minute trip decisions you are still pondering? (i.e. attending MVMCP, ungrading/downgrading) What to do exactly on New Year's Eve.

7. How do you feel right now? (Excited? Overwhelmed? Stressed? All planned out? "Meh"? In a planning frenzy? Festive? Confused? Dorky?) Excited and in a planning frenzy! A bit stressed about traveling with a baby, and how will she handle it. Her not napping at all while we were shopping today does not bode well for napping in the parks. She's too curious!

Hello! Wow, I'll never be able to read this entire thread!!

We'll be arriving in Disney on December 31st. I'm super excited to be there for New Years! I won't say which resort because I haven't revealed that info in my PTR yet. Here is the link to it:
In Loving Memory... We're Going Deluxe!

Hi Mel!!! :wave2: I'm so glad you came over here! Read the first four posts on page 1, they are the info stuff. Then join in from here :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter