• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It's a good thing the mods cleaned up that thread and moved it. It had gotten incredibly nasty. Sometimes I just don't understand people :confused3

Eh, Black Friday in person isn't too bad, especially if you don't mind waiting in line for a few hours, but on something small like that video camera you probably won't have much trouble finding a good deal online between Thanksgiving and Christmas even if you don't manage to snag it during the preview or online. We'll be heading to Target after our turkey day feast since Mom wants to snag a couple of their Black Friday deals.

Oh I am a black friday veteran. But the only thing I want is one of the video cameras that Best Buy will be running, and we have a $60 reward certificate, which will make a nice camera <$100. Last year hubby got the tablet BB was running Black Friday buy stalking the website all night and ordering it at something like 443 am when the sale opened online. If it wasnt for the reward cert I wouldnt even bother, but that makes a good deal a great one. So preview would be nice, then I dont even have to think about BF this year.

And our huge dis meet vacation would have to be at WDW, so it's all cyclical! Wouldn't it be awesome if we were all going the same week and could do a huge meet at the Wishes Dessert party? sigh

This is a great idea. I would like to make an addition though. (see below)

I love this idea.... Does Disney offer group rates :)

Unfortunately, WDW got rid of their Grand Gatherings option because people actually took advantage of it (I still have the planning DVD that promotes it).

As for my addition. I am all for a dessert party and even a mid-day Dole Whip meet. BUT... I think there should also be a scheduled "Drinking Around the World" meet as well. I know, I'm a little obsessed with trying to accomplish DAtW. But hear me out. We can plan the DAtW during the day, after the dessert party and see if we can wrangle a BIG ADR somewhere or finish up at 1 of the QS. If we get a lot of people, we can set it up like a shotgun start for a golf tournament. Different groups start in different countries til you check off you passport.

As for my addition. I am all for a dessert party and even a mid-day Dole Whip meet. BUT... I think there should also be a scheduled "Drinking Around the World" meet as well. I know, I'm a little obsessed with trying to accomplish DAtW. But hear me out. We can plan the DAtW during the day, after the dessert party and see if we can wrangle a BIG ADR somewhere or finish up at 1 of the QS. If we get a lot of people, we can set it up like a shotgun start for a golf tournament. Different groups start in different countries til you check off you passport.

God I could use that day right about now.

Unfortunately, WDW got rid of their Grand Gatherings option because people actually took advantage of it (I still have the planning DVD that promotes it).

Lol. This group drunk in WS.....that would be a sight to see. :rotfl2:

Ha! People only THINK those Brazilian tour groups are bad. Wait until they see 400+ Dissers drinking their way around the world :lmao:

But that gives me an idea - we could go during F&W! (which conveniently lines up with MNSSHP 'cause, you know, we'll just HAVE to compare that to all our MVMCP experiences)

Ha! People only THINK those Brazilian tour groups are bad. Wait until they see 400+ Dissers drinking their way around the world :lmao:

But that gives me an idea - we could go during F&W! (which conveniently lines up with MNSSHP 'cause, you know, we'll just HAVE to compare that to all our MVMCP experiences)

I like the way you think....:thumbsup2

BDL said:

Valgoof said:

can you imagine... We could dress in hot pink and wave LGMH flags! :rotfl: :lmao:

Hi All,

This day completely sneaked up on me - as we had our lives put at a standstill (live in Hoboken, NJ for those of you watching the Hurricane Sandy aftermath - my DD's school has been destroyed and it was like a warzone for a while in our city).

Anyway, we have our dates for 11/30-12/3 (booked 3 months ago). Gonna hit up MK on 12/1 and take advantage of the crowdless park as everyone watches the parade filming (did it last year, had a blast). Does anyone know if the park opens earlier than what is mentioned on the website (MK says to open at 9:00am) for those getting roped off as parade watchers (I can't remember what we did last year, but it was early enough to move away from Main Street).

Thanks to all in advance...we SO need this escape...

m.

Just found this thread! I will be coming with DW and another couple Dec 15-21 (BCV for the first three days then BLT for the last three). We're doing MVMCP for the first time Dec. 18!

We went last year before Christmas with the same couple and had a blast! We're looking forward to being back again this year!!

I can't believe I just found this thread! It looks so fun here, I wish I had been a part of it for the last 6 months while I've been obsessed and counting down! I think doing the poll will be a great way to introduce myself!

1. How many days till your upcoming trip? 21. That means 3 weeks from today! We'll be there the 6th through the 13th.

2. What do you have done? Tons of stuff. I love to plan and organize! We have our plans and ADRs. We have our photopass+, park tickets, luggage tags. We have a fair amount of Disney clothes (yes, I'm one of those people) and accessories. I can't even list all the stuff I've done over the months to prepare for this most excellent vacation.

3. What do you have remaining to do? Still way too much! There's a tiny bit of shopping, a large bit of making stuff (tshirts, earrings, mousekeeping envelopes), hemming pants and of course packing. I'm not sure which pants/capris/shorts I'll be taking. Going in December makes that super tricky! Will it be bright and shiny? Will it be cold and cloudy? And how much will it change between rope drop and evening extra magic hours?? And learning how to use my new camera better. There's more, but it's on a list somewhere so I don't think about it obsessively.

4. Are you decorating your hotel room? Doubt. But then again you never know.

5. Any outstanding ADRs you are hoping to snatch up? I do sometimes check on Be Our Guest, but otherwise we are set. We can't do the dining plan this trip, but we still have plenty of ADRs.

6. Are there any last minute trip decisions you are still pondering? Not really. I've thought a LOT about it over the last many months.

7. How do you feel right now? (Excited? Overwhelmed? Stressed? All planned out? "Meh"? In a planning frenzy? Festive? Confused? Dorky?) Well, I always feel dorky... But in regards to the trip, I feel excited and overwhelmed and a little worried sometimes.

Like I said, I'm very glad to find you guys before we all head to the world! Hello!!

melaniesposa said:
Hi All,

This day completely sneaked up on me - as we had our lives put at a standstill (live in Hoboken, NJ for those of you watching the Hurricane Sandy aftermath - my DD's school has been destroyed and it was like a warzone for a while in our city).

Anyway, we have our dates for 11/30-12/3 (booked 3 months ago). Gonna hit up MK on 12/1 and take advantage of the crowdless park as everyone watches the parade filming (did it last year, had a blast). Does anyone know if the park opens earlier than what is mentioned on the website (MK says to open at 9:00am) for those getting roped off as parade watchers (I can't remember what we did last year, but it was early enough to move away from Main Street).

m.

Welcome! :wave2:

Sorry you were part of the Sandy destruction. I grew up in, and some of my family still lives in, one of shore towns that was battered. So many people's homes destroyed and lives turned upside down :(

I'm glad you get to leave the nightmare behind and enjoy some time to relax

btk2333 said:
Just found this thread! I will be coming with DW and another couple Dec 15-21 (BCV for the first three days then BLT for the last three). We're doing MVMCP for the first time Dec. 18!

We went last year before Christmas with the same couple and had a blast! We're looking forward to being back again this year!!

That would be so much fun to travel with friends.
We are doing our first MVMCP this year too :-) I can't wait!

dawnmichele said:
I can't believe I just found this thread! It looks so fun here, I wish I had been a part of it for the last 6 months while I've been obsessed and counting down! I think doing the poll will be a great way to introduce myself!

1. How many days till your upcoming trip? 21. That means 3 weeks from today! We'll be there the 6th through the 13th.

2. What do you have done? Tons of stuff. I love to plan and organize! We have our plans and ADRs. We have our photopass+, park tickets, luggage tags. We have a fair amount of Disney clothes (yes, I'm one of those people) and accessories. I can't even list all the stuff I've done over the months to prepare for this most excellent vacation.

3. What do you have remaining to do? Still way too much! There's a tiny bit of shopping, a large bit of making stuff (tshirts, earrings, mousekeeping envelopes), hemming pants and of course packing. I'm not sure which pants/capris/shorts I'll be taking. Going in December makes that super tricky! Will it be bright and shiny? Will it be cold and cloudy? And how much will it change between rope drop and evening extra magic hours?? And learning how to use my new camera better. There's more, but it's on a list somewhere so I don't think about it obsessively.

4. Are you decorating your hotel room? Doubt. But then again you never know.

5. Any outstanding ADRs you are hoping to snatch up? I do sometimes check on Be Our Guest, but otherwise we are set. We can't do the dining plan this trip, but we still have plenty of ADRs.

6. Are there any last minute trip decisions you are still pondering? Not really. I've thought a LOT about it over the last many months.

7. How do you feel right now? (Excited? Overwhelmed? Stressed? All planned out? "Meh"? In a planning frenzy? Festive? Confused? Dorky?) Well, I always feel dorky... But in regards to the trip, I feel excited and overwhelmed and a little worried sometimes.

Like I said, I'm very glad to find you guys before we all head to the world! Hello!!

Yes, this is a fun, and funny, group!!

We arrive on the 6th too! Where are you staying?

That would be so much fun to travel with friends.
We are doing our first MVMCP this year too :-) I can't wait!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy your first MVMCP, it looks like they are popular this year. We are lucky to have found another couple that loves WDW as much as we do and that we like them enough to travel with them (here in Iowa there aren't nearly as many WDW fans as other places in the country)! This'll be our third trip with them and it's fun to share good times with good friends :)

Hello All!

We will be there Thursday, December 6th through Tuesday December 11th. Is there a DIS MEET going on anytime?

Thanks all!
Brunette

Hi All,

m.

Welcome! We'll be there 12/1 - 12/5 and plan to do like you - still head to MK on parade day and enjoy the "rest" of the park besides Main Street! I'm glad you'll get a break from the mess and chaos of home life. Sending good wishes your way that all returns to normal soon - whatever new normal that might be... ::yes::

Welcome to our crazy but awesome group!

We're an absolute blast!! You came to the right place! We have a few wild and crazy gals, a few nutty men and we're in the process of trying to marry a few of us off! See, wonderful all the way around! We like handcuffs and blindfolds and we'll scrapbook about it all! :rotfl2:

Welcome!

gina

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter