• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw another post that said some people are received emails offering upgrades to their rooms. The people are arriving in December and some were at LM rooms at AoA and POR. Not sure if anyone would get one but might want to check your email. I'd love an upgrade (but I know that's probably not gonna happen staying at POP). Hope someone gets some pixie dust.

Where did you see this? I'm curious b/c we're staying at POR :) Thanks!

mom2travel said:
Pic collage

Glad you like it :-)

I think I really want to digital scrapbook this trip. So how do you make it work with the larger square books (16x16 maybe?)

Guess what? I found a set of lighted trees downstairs in my basement! I forgot I had bought these last year super cheap after the holidays! The 42" tree is perfect for our resort room and it unscrews so right now it is packed in my big suitcase, along with my princess ornaments and pearl garland :) I put it all together to just make sure it will all fit:

IMG_0497.jpg

I still have intentions of making some Mickey-type ornaments but even if I don't I think this will be okay.

ksromack said:
Guess what? I found a set of lighted trees downstairs in my basement! I forgot I had bought these last year super cheap after the holidays! The 42" tree is perfect for our resort room and it unscrews so right now it is packed in my big suitcase, along with my princess ornaments and pearl garland :) I put it all together to just make sure it will all fit:

I still have intentions of making some Mickey-type ornaments but even if I don't I think this will be okay.

Love it!!!

Happy Saturday all! I'm at my local mall getting a gift for a friend's birthday, though I may have to wander into Old Navy to look for those shorts, and the Disney Outlet store while I'm here :rotfl:

Then this afternoon I'm going to try to finish up my room decorations since my next day off work is my first day of vacation!!!

I think I really want to digital scrapbook this trip. So how do you make it work with the larger square books (16x16 maybe?)

Do you mean 12x12" scrapbooks? That is about as big as I think I would want to go as it will fit nicely on a coffee table and on a shelf as well. I know many many years ago I used to be a Creative Memories consultant and 12x16" was as big as they had back then. They might have phased it out as it's pretty big. I really know nothing about digital scrapbooking, though. I have 20 years worth of supplies to use up!

ksromack said:
Do you mean 12x12" scrapbooks? That is about as big as I think I would want to go as it will fit nicely on a coffee table and on a shelf as well. I know many many years ago I used to be a Creative Memories consultant and 12x16" was as big as they had back then. They might have phased it out as it's pretty big. I really know nothing about digital scrapbooking, though. I have 20 years worth of supplies to use up!

Maybe it's 12 x 12 hehe ... Does anyone have any pictures of their digitally made scrap books?

IMG_0497.jpg

So cute! Love them!

After seeing and hearing about all the cute decorations people are taking for their rooms, I think I need to get a small tree and some Disney ornaments. I also thought about getting each of the girls a Disney stocking and putting little treats in there for them to wake up to each morning. I could do a little treat and note from a different character each day. I think they would like that.

SAT887 said:
Maybe it's 12 x 12 hehe ... Does anyone have any pictures of their digitally made scrap books?

Standard scrapbook sizes are 12x12 and 8 1/2 x 11. 8x8 and 6 x6 are also very popular. Usually when people go all digi, they use one of two options: 1) Use an online printing service to print layouts and then put them in a standard 3-ring binder scrapbook or 2) use a service like Shutterfly to print photo books. They do make large format 12" printers but they're pricey.

I'll post some examples.

Standard scrapbook sizes are 12x12 and 8 1/2 x 11. 8x8 and 6 x6 are also very popular. Usually when people go all digi, they use one of two options: 1) Use an online printing service to print layouts and then put them in a standard 3-ring binder scrapbook or 2) use a service like Shutterfly to print photo books. They do make large format 12" printers but they're pricey.

I'll post some examples.

Thanks! It must be the 12x12 size I am thinking off.

I'm a hybrid scrapbooker - usually paper layouts with my photos and journaling done on the computer. Occasionally I do an all digital layout usually with a template. I tend toward a clean and simple style.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/11538/view/3228755/-1/200/1.html

This site has more examples of what you can do with digital layouts. The trend right now is to make digi layouts look just like paper layouts with lots of texture.

http://thedailydigi.com/

But there is also a trend in layouts to do things that are not possible with paper. This stuff is really cool but beyond my current skills.

http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=271690&title=love-you-because&cat=1351

Digital art journaling is also really popular. If you Google images for "digital art journaling" it's pretty amazing what people are doing with a computer.

So cute! Love them!

After seeing and hearing about all the cute decorations people are taking for their rooms, I think I need to get a small tree and some Disney ornaments. I also thought about getting each of the girls a Disney stocking and putting little treats in there for them to wake up to each morning. I could do a little treat and note from a different character each day. I think they would like that.

I think that is a great idea! That will be another fun project to help pass the time!

Another question!

Do you guys buy water and snacks from Walmart and have it shipped to your room? I know it's loads cheaper than buying water bottles from the parks/resorts. I was just wondering how far in advance I need to do this. At first I was going to have a 3' tree delivered (it's only $20) but since I found the one I posted I don't need to buy it.. If you spend $45 on Home Free items (food/snacks/household items) the shipping is free.

Is anyone Disney Movie Club member? I want to know if it's worth it/if there's a value to it.
I've been thinking about joining, but keep deciding against it. It looks like if you join you get 5 movies for $0.01 each, then have to buy 3 at full price ($30?), so you're paying in essence $90 for 8 movies, which sounds like a decent deal, but I don't know if there's another 8 Disney movies I want that we don't own ... plus every once in awhile stuff happens like one of our local Blockbusters is closing so they clearanced all their movies so I got Sword and the Stone and Pinnochio for $7 and $10 respectively, plus snagged Sleeping Beauty on eBay for $11 around the same time. Just seems like the deals are out there more easily without committing to spending that much. I'm still keeping an eye out for the original Fantasia and Peter Pan (DS has never seen the former and enjoys borrowing the latter from the library), but I usually only want 1 or two at a time ...
It does somewhat depend on the parks but generally I don't worry much about anything under a 4. Over that I start looking for alternatives. But I should point out that my crowd tolerance is low, especially for parades. I do love MK on a 1 day. You can definitely get a lot more done than say, a 4-5. But that doesn't mean a 4 is horrible by any means. DHS on the other hand doesn't vary much, rarely goes below 3.5 or above 5. AK is similar but regardless of the crowd, on a non-EMH day most people bail by early afternoon, so the park gets empty again no matter the level.
Cool, I think we'll stick with AK for our park arrival day then. Its around a 4; I'd been considering switching to Epcot since we have a Garden Grill there reservation in the evening plus EasyWDW recommends starting with the "boring parks" when you have kids our age (5, 6, 7) then working our way up to MK last, but honestly I want to jump into the parks we don't have at DLR first regardless of the kids, and I think the kids will have more fun at AK and I want them to stay entertained on that day since we will be "homeless" until 4p when our villa is ready most likely.
I just made our FINAL payment on our vacation house. Why does shelling out hundreds of dollars make me so giddy?:cool1::cool1:
:woohoo: Congrats. I felt the same way about mailing out our check for the DVC points we added on. Its knowing that its really yours now!
Another question!

Do you guys buy water and snacks from Walmart and have it shipped to your room? I know it's loads cheaper than buying water bottles from the parks/resorts. I was just wondering how far in advance I need to do this. At first I was going to have a 3' tree delivered (it's only $20) but since I found the one I posted I don't need to buy it.. If you spend $45 on Home Free items (food/snacks/household items) the shipping is free.
Hmm. I was going to order groceries from WeGoShop (really need to do this soon), but you've got me wondering if we'd be better off just ordering from Walmart (although if its delivered like a package, you have to pay a fee at the convention center resorts right? [Both of mine are: Bay Lake and Boardwalk]). I think Walmart would have everything we want and might be cheaper than using WeGoShop.

I don't know why, but I just had a "It's 19 days... 19 FREAKING days until we leave" freak out. Maybe because we don't have a free weekend between now and then, and since this is a surprise, I can't exactly pack like we did last year.

We just ran to Target and I got a couple little things. I'm hopping that DH and DS really want to nap today and I can lock myself in the guest bedroom and get everything figured out.

:scared1:

Hi if Someone can please help me, I found super cheap tickets for my family of 4 I was originally driving but now thinking of flying, my question is about the buses how do I use them I have two small kids and I hope it won't be hard

For example my first day which is resort day how would I get from AOA to chef Mickey for 8 pn dinner?

Another from Hollywood studios to cape may beach club for 8:30 dinner? Then after dinner to get back at AOA?

I'm clueless about it how do these buses run and do they make stops? Any info would be great and how would I get downtown Disney ? It's confusing to me lol thanks in advance

Hi if Someone can please help me, I found super cheap tickets for my family of 4 I was originally driving but now thinking of flying, my question is about the buses how do I use them I have two small kids and I hope it won't be hard

For example my first day which is resort day how would I get from AOA to chef Mickey for 8 pn dinner?

Another from Hollywood studios to cape may beach club for 8:30 dinner? Then after dinner to get back at AOA?

I'm clueless about it how do these buses run and do they make stops? Any info would be great and how would I get downtown Disney ? It's confusing to me lol thanks in advance

To get to CR, i would take the bus to MK and walk to CR. Or if you want to ride the monorail, take the bus to MK and hop on the monorail. CR is the next stop.

From HS to Cape May Cafe you can take the ferry.

ses1230 said:
To get to CR, i would take the bus to MK and walk to CR. Or if you want to ride the monorail, take the bus to MK and hop on the monorail. CR is the next stop.

From HS to Cape May Cafe you can take the ferry.

Thank you! I am now worried about the times lol, how does everyone prepare for their bus times? If I have 10 am ADR at Hollywood n vine should I catch the bus 8:30 am ??

Thank you! I am now worried about the times lol, how does everyone prepare for their bus times? If I have 10 am ADR at Hollywood n vine should I catch the bus 8:30 am ??

What are your dates?

Disney suggests 90 minutes when using thier transportation. If you are going later in the month I would definitely stick close to these times. I would give myself and hour - most of the parks are a short drive and they drop you off near the gates.

You can easily walk from MK to the Contemporary (a few minutes like 10 tops) the monorail may take longer depending on where it is on the loop.

You can walk from Epcot (exit the near England in the world showcase) to both the Beach Club and Boardwalk, again only a few minutes...
(Sorry didn't notice the DHS comment! oops!)

How old are you kiddos? Worst case scenario is the 60-90 min gives you too much time and you can explore some of the beautiful decorations at the resorts - however I am in the "better be safe than sorry stressed out and running to my next ADR" :) type - I like to be relaxed and reduce any sort of anxiety things.

Basically, you need to use the parks, TTC and DTD as sort of your "transfer" .... Did you get park hoppers?

Hello fellow December Dis-ers! My goodness, we're getting chatty in these last few weeks- when I posted last Monday we were still on thread #3 and now look! Hope everyone's plans are coming along nicely.

My family all have Kindles. But I prefer the backlit screen on the iPad. I know some people are bothered by the light before bed but it doesn't affect me. I do use it outside at DS's baseball games. It's not hard to shade it but you can't see the screen with polarized sunglasses.
You can use your ipad with polarized sunglasses, it just has to be held in the landscape (wide or horizontal) position so the polarization in the ipad lines up with the polarization in your sunglasses. The pages are smaller, though, because there are two on there instead of one.

I also found out that if one's DH drives a bit fast over winding mountain roads while one is using an ipad, it's necessary to lock down the screen to keep it from rotating on the curves. :rotfl:

Good morning peeps :)
Be freaked .... its awful :rotfl2: They have new coffee machines at POR, look into getting some pods. I am still taking my own coffee machine because I have to guarantee my coffee - I like it strong. I drink (on a daily basis) Folgers Gourmet Dark so I'll be taking that with me.
Oh, I forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder, I really need to get our GardenGrocer order in. If worse comes to worse, those little Stabucks Via packets are pretty good. Anything but Disney coffee!!

So I can get a 7 Passenger SUV (Ford Explorer) for $360 (includes all taxes) for the 8 days I am in WDW.... I am debating it because it is only $160 more than my current rental and there is 6 of us. My MIL will be getting a car as well- however I was thinking it would be easier to all travel as a group. Especially since my mom always needs a buffer (long story) and she has mobility issues and will be using a handicap placard (this way we can all park together bc we will be in one car) DH is actually the one who thought it was a good idea to do this... Any ideas? Our group consists of me, DH, DD3, DD1, MIL and my mom....
The only drawback I can see is if someone wants to leave early- but it seems like your group would probably not be a die-hard touring group so you probably have that all figured out. When I go with my sister's family we try to share just to be able to stick together more easily, as I have a placard. Just be aware that Disney handicap parking is usually up close to the entrance, but it may actually be less walking for your mom to park near a tram stop (which isn't handicap parking). If she has an ECV the actual handicap parking is probably better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter