PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taaren- I hope they figure out a safe option to help with your grandfather. :goodvibes: Good Luck at the hospital. :hug:

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!! We stayed home this year and I had to work, but it was a good day. I join some of you who aren't feeling good, and have had a sinus infection for about 2 months and am now on high dose antibiotics for 2 weeks and if its not better next week I have to call for more so I am on continuous rounds...which means I will be taking them in Disney :( Arriving in 3 weeks!!!

Tinkergurl20 said:
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!! We stayed home this year and I had to work, but it was a good day. I join some of you who aren't feeling good, and have had a sinus infection for about 2 months and am now on high dose antibiotics for 2 weeks and if its not better next week I have to call for more so I am on continuous rounds...which means I will be taking them in Disney :( Arriving in 3 weeks!!!

I'm having sinus mess too. The meds help, but dry out my eyes.

We had a good thanksgiving, today instead of Black Friday shopping we visited with family and then hubby taught me how to shoot his new glock. Y'all are safe from zombies if I'm around, 10 yards at least. Lol.

We are less than a month from our trip!! I am freaking out..don't feel prepared at all. Have a list of must do rides and attractions. Haven't picked out which parks for what days. The only day I have planned so far is Christmas day. We are heading to the beach for that day. Taking it easy..lol. Feel like I should have soo much more planned. We aren't doing any ADRs..so I'm good there. Just feeling really really nervous. :eek:

There is a separate line at each resort for those who already checked in online. In theory it should be shorter but I think it really comes down to how many people arrive at a given time and have done online checkin vs not. Basically they already have all your info from checking in online so they just need to give you your paperwork, KTTW cards, etc

I won't do it this time because I'd like to have the option to have a CM move our rooms closer together if my parents don't end up near us. We did mark that on our original reservation but you never know.

Ooo, I forgot about that. We have a pirate themed room while my mom and brother have a standard room. Now I'm wondering if we should use online check-in or just do it and take a chance. We are arriving at the airport around 12:10.

DD made a little Thanksgiving treat I thought I'd share :-)

BC537361-E107-4907-A5D6-47B047D5CF71-9558-00000604CCA1F15D.jpg

Hope you're all having a fun and thankful day

Cute! You did a great job.

Is everyone asleep in a food coma? Tryptophan overdose?

I tred to but couldn't do it. I make cookies very year the day after Thanksgiving for our village parade (which is usually about 2.5 hours long and it's not even a big village). the reason it's long is b/c they have several fire depts from other towns in it that really shouldn't be. It's like the major holiday parade for the township and all three of us are in the parade :headache:

Wow. It sounds like we need an economy size box of Airborne or Zycam! So sorry that several of you are feeling bad. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

I'm on my phone so no quoting so I'm going to go from memory. (This should be good!)

1. Love hearing about the wedding plans. Makes me think back to mine ten years ago.

2. Yay for scoring Black Friday deals (and good parking karma)!

3. Terri, sorry to hear about your fil. I hope that the trip works out the best possible way for all of you under the circumstances.

I did a little shopping at local stores but did not attempt to fight any of the crowds at Target, Wally World, etc. and, I got a second tree up and decorated. I think DH and I may head to a movie in a bit since my in-laws are here and can watch the kids.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Anyone have any trouble adding room requests when checking in online? I've tried several times on DH's Macbook and can't seem to enter any in. The system just gives me a message about adding up to two room requests, but that's it. Don't know if booking through a TA makes a difference or not :confused3 If I can't do it, we'll have to bite the bullet and check in once we arrive.

cybrkitn said:
Anyone have any trouble adding room requests when checking in online? I've tried several times on DH's Macbook and can't seem to enter any in. The system just gives me a message about adding up to two room requests, but that's it. Don't know if booking through a TA makes a difference or not :confused3 If I can't do it, we'll have to bite the bullet and check in once we arrive.

Usually there is a few options to choose from... And you mark the box... It sounds like the page isn't loading 100%

Usually there is a few options to choose from... And you mark the box... It sounds like the page isn't loading 100%

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to try on our PC then. DH did mention that sometimes the Mac's have problems with things like that.

ETA: I called Tech Support b/c I was having the same issue on the PC. Turns out that if the resort has limited requests available, the option to request is not available online. I could still check us in and then talk to the CM once we get there for a building request for us.

I will be cancelling a Liberty Tree Tavern, 5:15 PM on 5 Dec 12 for a party of 8. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Terri-so sorry to hear about your FIL's difficulties. It does sound like he wont be up to Disney. :(

Sean--Talk all you want about your wedding. You may have noticed, we like details around here. ;) Cant wait to hear about the early morning bachelor party!! :goodvibes

Taaren--hope they are able to help your grandfather. :hug:

No shopping for me today. Hung out with my brother this morning and then DH and I saw Skyfall with BIL and family. Then we went to the grocery store and are now watching Buckeye basketball. An exciting Friday night.
Tomorrow my brother will march in his last football game. He is ready to be done and move on to the next part of life. I think our mom and I will be more sad than him. :sad: :rotfl:

cybrkitn said:
Ooo, I forgot about that. We have a pirate themed room while my mom and brother have a standard room. Now I'm wondering if we should use online check-in or just do it and take a chance. We are arriving at the airport around 12:10.

If your reservations are linked they will always try to put you as close as possible by default.

I checked in today (for one room) and online checkin now has the option to place additional requests like Close to Transportation or Ground Floor.

Valgoof said:
No shopping for me today. Hung out with my brother this morning and then DH and I saw Skyfall with BIL and family. Then we went to the grocery store and are now watching Buckeye basketball. An exciting Friday night.
Tomorrow my brother will march in his last football game. He is ready to be done and move on to the next part of life. I think our mom and I will be more sad than him. :sad: :rotfl:

How was Skyfall?

So I'm still pretty emotional and quite exhausted. But I started moving to Plan B.

I haven't cancelled the room yet because its still their prerogative to make the final decision. But DH told me to start booking some of the Plan B ADRs which will auto-cancel some of Plan A.

So far I released Kouzzina Dec 3 at 6:30 for 6. I'll post here before I release the rest.

I also checked-in to our first room. Yay!

I also took the tree back out of my suitcase. I'll return all the stuff for the second tree to Target next weekend.

Thanks for all the well wishes. FIL is recovering. It's just taking him longer than he had hoped. On the plus side he lost more weight as a result and he told me his diabetes has never been this good since he was diagnosed. He was able to indulge in things like Thanksgiving pie.

If your reservations are linked they will always try to put you as close as possible by default.

I checked in today (for one room) and online checkin now has the option to place additional requests like Close to Transportation or Ground Floor.

Yes, they are linked. That's good to know that they will automatically try and put us as close as possible. I've already checked us in online :woohoo:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!!! I'm jealous, even though we already had Thanksgiving I would do anything to have a couple days off this week. Seems like everything that can go wrong before our holiday, is going wrong. I'm waiting on a bunch of Christmas packages from about 7 different orders I placed, and have been worried they won't come before we leave. Toys R Us, decided they couldn't ship package to me because of my rural address (even though I had 3 others shipped at the exact same time), they can't give me a reason, and I'm waiting on someone to call me back so I can tell them to give me a refund. Oh, and did I mention that when they decided they couldn't ship my package to me, they didn't even call or email or refund me or anything? Just let it sit there while I went back and forth between them and Purolator (since they did make a shipping label for it) trying to figure out where the heck my parcel was. I am LIVID, and will never be shopping through there again because of all the stress this has caused the past 3 days. The rest of my packages that were shipped, were supposed to be sent Canada Post. They were sent Purolator, and now I have to drive 45 minutes to the closest pick-up point to get them. It would've been easier to just go to the city in the first place to shop in store!

Then this morning, my dh gets a call that there's problems on a job site, and because he is Field Manager he may have to go up there (7 hours away) this weekend to deal with it all. We had planned a full finish-our-Christmas-shopping day together, and a date night with supper and Breaking Dawn Part 2. I booked the sitter for this 2 months ago! Plus we wanted to get the Christmas tree up Sunday.

So now I'm trying to do some deep breathing and settle myself down and figure out what to do about all this so I can get some stuff crossed off my to-do list and not be so stressed! At this point I'm not even looking forward to our holiday because it means I have to get through this next week which is crazy ridiculous busy every. single. day.

Sorry to rant, I really needed to get all that out. :(

Enjoy your turkey dinners and time with friends and family!

Hello Sahmoffour,

I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience with our services.

We do offer redeliveries or the option to have your shipments redirected to the closest retail center. Please feel free to contact us directly at customer(dot)care(at)purolator(dot)com if you would like me to make the arrangements for you.

Thank you,

Catherine Côté
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Purolator Inc.www(dot)Purolator(dot)
E-mail / Courriel: customer(dot)care(at)purolator(dot)comFollow us on Twitter Our handle is (at)PurolatorHelp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter