• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parks in the AM?

My DW and I are leaving this weekend for a trip to see the Mouse and something came to mind, for all of our trips we have never made it to a park opening. We normally stay at Boardwalk Villas or the Beach Club, since I am an early riser I spend my mornings sitting on the balcony reading the paper/current book and having a cup of coffee :coffee: while my DW sleeps for "just a couple more minutes". We typically skip breakfast and arrive at our park of choice somewhere between 11 AM and noon and make a leisurely day of things. So I ask the group, are we missing anything that is worth seeing in the morning?

-Tom in SC

Same here. But this coming trip we'll for the first time try a park at opening, probably Animal Kingdom. Be my first rope drop!…be nice to take an early morning Safari.

Our experience has been that we get more done in a park between 8-11 a.m. than we do from 11 on. We usually do emh then park hop after 11:30 to another park as the late risers come in. Don't know that you are missing much, just another way to go!:thumbsup2

Nah... Take your time & sleep-in. You're not missing anything. ;) :rolleyes1

(Actually, us early birds love you late risers - shorter lines for us! Shhhh.... :ssst:)

My wife and I love the mornings.

We go nearly every morning AM EMH included.
We used to go to "EE" (early entry) back before EMH
was started.

But she, too, always warns me to NOT TELL EVERYONE about how
fun and easy the AM EMH's and mornings are, because then the early
parks will be too BUSY for us to enjoy.

But, I always tell HER not to worry.

I contend that even if I stood outside most guests
room doors with a $100 bill and said to get up early
for EMH and they could have it... they would still
sleep-in.

Most folks simply will NOT get up early on vacation!
Nothing will change their minds.

So I am here to say,
"THANK YOU" to all of the sleepy-heads...
They make my AM EMH's about the best, most private and
carefree times we ever have at the parks!

And I know I won't be seeing them coming in until,
oh, 10:30-11:00am, when I'm on my way Park-Hopping OUT of that park!

;)

They do little mini shows at rope drop at all but Epcot, so you are missing that.:sad2:

I hate getting up early. There's actually only two things in life that can get me out of bed in the AM:

1. Hockey (any kind other than watching)
2. Anything Disney

I find that I get in a groove easier than if I wake up late, plus I don't feel so bad if I go back for a nap, etc. I'm there to spend the majority of my time in the parks, so I want to make the most of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter