• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parks/Icons ~ 2" Words & 4" Altered Letters Swap COMPLETED

No worries.. .all of us make mistakes.. for the 2" letters.. I used the jewelry size for the individiual and then I don't remember what type of bag I used to bag the little baggies in... So Susan was probably giving me a few choice words!.... so I mess up too.... WE all get a F in the reading department.. we all can blame it on the SNOW!!!!

This looks fun. I wasn't going to sign up, but now that I am sorting the holiday swap letters, I don't think I can resist.

Just a note -- please stress to every one to use the quart size bag to put all of their letters in. The sandwich size is not big enough and it has been a PITA trying to re-bag everything.

As someone who has sorted letters, yup!

If everyone used jewelry bags for their individual letter, sandwich size would work. But some people use snack or sandwich bags for their individual ones and those do not fit 5/6 baggies in one sandwich bag.

Looks like a fun swap, but I am swap free in 2011. Must use what I have.

This looks like a fun swap. This works out perfect as we leave for Hong Kong & Tokyo on April 1st so I can get in sent and go on vacation. I will ask my mom if she wants to join too. She gets jealous when I don't tell her I signed up for a swap and tries to swipe my stuff!!!:lmao:

Question about these directions:

***IMPORTANT NOTE*** For Longer titles, please try to choose a font that is NOT WIDE. The Mickey Font Cricut Cartridge is a wide font for example so you wouldn’t want to use that one. In addition, do not make any of your embellishments hang off the sides of your letter. For example: you can put a Mickey on the top of the letter or behind your letter—but NOT on the side hanging off the letter. This would cause the spacing between the letters in the word to need to be more spread out. If a swapper needs to overlap letters in a title for their page layout, having embellishments hanging off the sides makes it hard to do.

So in this photo here:
003-3.jpg

Only the I and 1st S are okay? The others all have stuff hanging off or are a wide font.

Most of these words are long. I really don't think any of these words will fit in a 12" space I am assuming it will have to go across 2 pages or at the top and bottom of one page.

thanks for the reminder....so just asking, if you where to have an "O" and wanted to use the Mickey ears behind it, would that be okay or do you think the ears would stick out to far on the sides?

Question about these directions:

***IMPORTANT NOTE*** For Longer titles, please try to choose a font that is NOT WIDE. The Mickey Font Cricut Cartridge is a wide font for example so you wouldn’t want to use that one. In addition, do not make any of your embellishments hang off the sides of your letter. For example: you can put a Mickey on the top of the letter or behind your letter—but NOT on the side hanging off the letter. This would cause the spacing between the letters in the word to need to be more spread out. If a swapper needs to overlap letters in a title for their page layout, having embellishments hanging off the sides makes it hard to do.

So in this photo here:
003-3.jpg

Only the I and 1st S are okay? The others all have stuff hanging off or are a wide font.

Most of these words are long. I really don't think any of these words will fit in a 12" space I am assuming it will have to go across 2 pages or at the top and bottom of one page.

You know I probably need to re-word this. I don't think the Christmas example has letters in it that are not acceptable. My main concern is fitting these long words accross a 2 pg. spread. How should I word that?

maybe so they will know that since some of the words are longer, they may have to go across both pages.

thanks for the reminder....so just asking, if you where to have an "O" and wanted to use the Mickey ears behind it, would that be okay or do you think the ears would stick out to far on the sides?

That would be fine and sounds really cute too! I'm not sure how to say what's in my head but I just want to ask swappers to be sure we are conscious of the fact that the words are long and space is limited. How would you word that? I need to revise this and I'm not sure what to say.

hhmmm, maybe just keep to the skinnier fonts and be aware of our embellishments hanging over the sides....what if they made 2 mock ups to see how they looked side by side before making the whole batch?

who hosted last years swap??? was there any issues on that one??

I have always hosted my swaps, with the assumption that the words would expand across a 2 page layout. I don't think I spelled it out, but when I took the photos, I would lay them out over a two page spread. Sometimes you end up with words on both the top and the bottom of a layout. The only time that I asked people to really watch their sizes was when we did Contemporary in the Resort Swap, because of mycutiepatootie's monorail "ends."

I looked back and here is what I wrote

Width: The tough one, because the fewer letters are in a word, the wider we can go. Take the word Contemporary. That is 12 letters, in order to fit across a two-page layout, the letters need to be smaller than 2” (24”/12 letters minus a little so there can be a gap between letters when they are laid out). But with Grand Floridian, you could theoretically put “Grand” at the top of a layout, and Floridian at the bottom, so you can go wider with your letters. Be mindful of how the word will fit on a page. Basically, this means that not everyone can use a wide font like the Mickey font, with a large word.

I have always hosted my swaps, with the assumption that the words would expand across a 2 page layout. I don't think I spelled it out, but when I took the photos, I would lay them out over a two page spread. Sometimes you end up with words on both the top and the bottom of a layout. The only time that I asked people to really watch their sizes was when we did Contemporary in the Resort Swap, because of mycutiepatootie's monorail "ends."

I looked back and here is what I wrote

that makes sense...I like putting my titles across 2 pages too....Hope did you see my PM??

I for the life of me couldn't picture how this one turned out. Thank goodness you post pictures because it was baffling to me.

hhmmm, maybe just keep to the skinnier fonts and be aware of our embellishments hanging over the sides....what if they made 2 mock ups to see how they looked side by side before making the whole batch?

who hosted last years swap??? was there any issues on that one??

The 2" letter swaps are brand new this year. Some of the words were included in other swaps last year, but this is the first devoted just to them!! :thumbsup2

I too like having mine spread out over a 2 page layout.

Just a thought....you could always go with 1 1/2 inches wide x 2 inches tall (with no side embellishments) on the longer words...

I revised my description for the 2 inch letters. Thanks girls! I took out the part about the embellishments hanging off the sides...I don't think it'll be a problem and I don't want to stiffle creativity. Is this better or do you think I need to re-write it further?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter