Parks Game! Part 7.1! Come On...Keep Playing...You Know You Want To!

Awww gometro's, where's your sense of adventure? ;) We get to go so much tho that we don't feel like we need to do "everything" so the crowds aren't that big of a deal.
Would that be Sorcery in the Sky Higgs?

I will second Sorcery in the Sky.

Why is it that everytime I KNOW that I know the answer to a question someone beats me to the punch? :D :) ;) :p

LOL...since I'm feeling generous...AAQs to MK and wbminnie....the show is Sorcery in the Sky...

MK...I'm really jealous...I wish I could go to MK that much :p

OK....since things are slow (where is everybody???)...another question....

What do these WDW attractions have in common...Country Bear Jamboree, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Carribean???(and no, the answer is not that they are all in the MK)

The obvious answer is they all have animatronics, but you usually don't like the obvious answers Higgs, so I'll say it has something to do with the music....same writer/composers?

I really do not like serious crowds. we were in EPCOT for NYE Y2K and by midnight, you could exhale without touching someone. And it wasn't even worth it as we found ourselvex under a tree by Italy that blocked most of the fireworks overhead.

I'd sooner try and stake out a place on the POlynesian beach.

Country Bears, Pirates, mansion--all became or will become really cheesy movies? (Is IASW next?)

And yes, Massachusetts now finally has a Krispy Kreme. Did I miss you in the crowd, Higgs? --Just point me toward the "hot" sign...:Pinkbounc

Good morning, folks! It took me a while to find the Chalk Circle today....I had 20 pages of meandering questions to try and follow the trail! :)

And since I think Higgs' question has been nailed, I'll toss out a new one for the morning crowd:

What visual element do the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror share?

I'm sure that they share a lot of things, like doors, etc. :rolleyes: I'm talking about something that is seen during the "ride" on both attractions. :)

Granny- I'll take a stab at it...

Do they both use a similar effect to represent ghosts?

:bounce: Welcome Home Granny :bounce:

I have here a fresh batch of caffine laden morning beverages, chose your poison ;).... Enjoy :p

Higgs... I'll say CBJ, HM and PoC were all designed by Marc Davis.... Had music by Xavier Atencio and featured the voice of Thurl Ravenscroft. :)

Granny.... I'll guess that both HM and ToT use the same dust and cobweb distribution technique :p

:smooth:

I'll be heading for a tri mountian wake up.... then some breakfast ;)

HM, PotC, and CBJ commonalities?

I saw a post that they all have or will have movies being released themed after the rides rather than the other way around, but, I believe that they were the original rides open when the Magic Kingdom first opened.

Am I right? Don't yell at me if not.

<Script language='Javascript'>
var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);
eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 3, 2003 8:00:00 PM EST';");
document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='java script:void(0);'>");
document.writeln("<font face=Arial size=3 color=yellow><a href='http://www.disboards.com'>!!</a>Back to the Mouse, July 3, 2003</font><br>");
document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");
document.writeln("</form>");
if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";
else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";
theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";
theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";
theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";
theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";
theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";
theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";
theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";
theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";
theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";
theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";
theFunction += "var out = 'We are Back!';";
theFunction += "else ";
theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';"
;theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";
setInterval(theFunction, 1000);
</Script>

Good guesses, and probably true, but I wasn't looking for how they developed visual effects like ghosts and cobwebs. It is a particular item seen in both, and seen doing the same thing in both. Maybe that helps? :)

MBabe...thanks for the java...you're a life saver...again!

Originally posted by Granny
What visual element do the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror share?

Do they both have a crystal ball with a person speaking in it? I have only been on ToT once, but I seem to remember this element there.

Granny.... Cast members that don't smile? Lightening emanating from their roof tops?

:smooth:

Oops.... sorry, I missed you there for a moment......
:bounce: Welcome Emporer Zurg! :bounce:

We love new player joining in! :teeth: Have a cold beverage and some fun ;)

Just to keep myself honest.....

Granny...... Dead flowers?

:p

Originally posted by CoasterAddict
Country Bears, Pirates, mansion--all became or will become really cheesy movies? (Is IASW next?)

And yes, Massachusetts now finally has a Krispy Kreme. Did I miss you in the crowd, Higgs? --Just point me toward the "hot" sign...:Pinkbounc

Wow...sorry I took so long getting back here....but I had a softball game last night...and never got back on-line...but a popcorn-flavored AAQ to CoasterAddict...all those attractions have been the "inspiration" for movies...as for "cheesy"...not sure...never saw Country Bears (it looked horrible)...but I have high hopes for Pirates...it looks pretty decent...and Haunted Mansion...I just have no idea...
and sigh...I was not at the KK opening yesterday...it was just a little too far to travel from Maine...and my wife looked at me like I had 3 heads when I suggested a road trip...oh well, I'll get there soon enough...:)

Welcome Back Granny :p Glad you found us......and another welcome to a fellow Emperor...Zurg!

As for the ToT question.....I'm not sure...but I like MBabe's non-smiling CMs...but I'll take another wild guess and go with a bat weathervane...:)

Another welcome back Granny!
I'll say that when there's no real line, both rides post 13 minutes for the wait.

I can't wait for the Pirates movie either Higgs. :p

Originally posted by Magickndm
Another welcome back Granny!
I'll say that when there's no real line, both rides post 13 minutes for the wait.

I can't wait for the Pirates movie either Higgs. :p

Oh...I forgot about that...I like the 13 minute thing...
But is it something in the ride itself...do both feature a library?

MK...I'm with you...at least "Pirates" looks like it may have a plot worth seeing....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter