• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parks Game: Part 11! "Still Playing After All These Years..."

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
This continues the long-running DIS board trivia game about the WDW theme parks. This thread was begun on September 17, 2001 by supamaki in the days after the 9-11 terrorist attacks, and was a source of escapism and a safe haven in the days following that great tragedy. Since that time, this thread has stayed on this board through it’s ten previous versions with hundreds of players partaking in the fun of asking and answering questions related to WDW theme park trivia.

There are only a few rules….

You may ask a question after correctly answering a question and being awarded an AAQ (Ask A Question) card.

Questions should be in bold to allow us to follow the game more easily.

Lurking is okay, but it’s a lot more fun to jump in and guess! There is no punishment for wrong answers here!!:p

Questions should be focused on the four WDW theme parks in order to maintain our place on this board. A continued thank you to the moderators for allowing this game to continue for more than 2 1/2 years.

And, in keeping with Parks Game tradition, we will begin this thread with the question that started it all….

In what WDW attraction is there a dog named Nana? And what year did it open?

Now, come on in and join the fun! :)

Hi there, everyone, and WELCOME to PG11!!

The question from the PG10 was:

What are the names of the streets that can be found in the UK pavilion?

B'rer Karen got Tudor Lane and High Street, ::yes::

while MickeyBabe got part of the last two "Upper" and "Lower" ::yes::

So the last clue was:

Upper and Lower _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Streets

Buona Fortuna! :wave2:

In what WDW attraction is there a dog named Nana? And what year did it open?

Ride name: Peter Pan
Year opened: October 1, 1971

Welcome to PG 11, everybody!

I will second MickeyMouseTeen2006's answer (wow, that's a long name).

:cool:

:wave2: Hi DBen.... Great timing, stopping in just in time to help kick off our new home!

balloon3.gif
balloon2.gif
Welcome to the Parks Game Part 11...
balloon2.gif
balloon3.gif

Time for a little Party to kick off the new thread!
food-smiley-004.gif

music-smiley-018.gif
party-smiley-020.gif

:wave: Welcome MickeyMouseTeen2006!

We love it when new players join in the fun! ::yes::

And a correct answer right off the bat! I am sure Granny wouldn't mind if I gave you your first ever AAQ card.

Here you go... one pixie dusted AAQ (Ask A Question) card to MMTeen. :Pinkbounc

You may turn it in when you are ready to ask a question.

~ MBabe ::MinnieMo

Just had to post a quick congrats to all those still here. I think I have had at least one post on every PG thread to date, so I couldn't resist being on the first page of this one.
Hope you are all healthy and happy.

Now someone please pass me a Dolewhip so I can go back to work.

:wave: Hi Dave! Great to see you. You are always welcome here! ::yes::

And I have that Dole Whip here for you too ;)

Ace.... Is it Upper and Lower Buckingham?

:p

Sorry to give you bad news after throwing such a nice party, MickeyMabe, :p , but your're incorrect.

However, let me buy you a Dole Whip for your efforts.... ah, what the heck.. Dole Whips for everyone, on me!! :wave2:

OK, time for a little PG trivia.
What ever happened to:
supamaki
wdwoldtimer
yensid1071
ozzel
amandadaddy
IASW Rider
madonna31
Higgs
mlcar
DisneyJen
mrsapalm
Miss Jasmine
wdw4us2

and last but not least:
The WDWWDS

Now for a question: Which PG thread had the most replies?

MBabe...thanks for covering that AAQ card to MMTeen!

DBen...great to see you again! :)

As well as our old friend KSDave. :wave:

Dave, I believe it was the second incarnation of the thread that had about 2000 pages in it, wasn't it? Higgs kept track of that but we haven't seen him for quite a while around here. ADaddy on the other hand was just here a few weeks ago.

Granny;
You are correct! It was Part Deux, which had 11,735 replies. A definite all-time record for the DIS boards.

DisneyJen runs into the Chalk Circle, clicks her heels twice and says .... "There is no place like home ... please pass a Dole Whiparita;)"

Congrats on Part 11:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

And I am going to guess the answer is Horizons;)

Wow - Part 11!! :bounce:

I've been crazy busy at work lately and haven't been around much - I barely saw part 10 go by. Now to try to find some old AAQs .....

Wow, everyone's here for the PG 11 kickoff party! Great to see you again, Jen. Here's that 71 oz. Whiparita you asked for!

And now, to keep us rolling along:

How many aluminum and plastic alloy triangles make up the outer "skin" of Spaceship Earth?

:cool:

Thanks for the welcome home Ben .... I am sp touched that you remember my favorite drink:smooth:

How about 1,971 triangles:crazy:

Originally posted by ksdave
Just had to post a quick congrats to all those still here. I think I have had at least one post on every PG thread to date, so I couldn't resist being on the first page of this one.
Hope you are all healthy and happy.

Now someone please pass me a Dolewhip so I can go back to work.
OK, time for a little PG trivia.
What ever happened to:
wdwoldtimer
ozzel
madonna31
Higgs
Miss Jasmine

and last but not least:
The WDWWDS

Well well well...Part 11....:)Like Dave...I've had a post on every thread that the PG has been on, so I decided to come out of "retirement" and congratulate the CC on Part 11...and to commend Granny for taking up my post as curator of the therad (though I'll always be "Emperor"....(thanks to you Granny!!!)

Anyway...I have been gone for a while...my work schedule got changed so much, I was unable to get on-line with any consistancy..which is why I've been AWOL lately...But things are normalizing now, and that may just mean you may see me around these parts from time-to-time...I have missed everyone here...

As for Dave's question...as you can see--I've edited out some of the names (only because I don't know where they are), but the ones I've left, I am still in contact with...they like the WDWWDS..has moved "To Infinity and Beyond" and is still meeting on a regular basis...(PM me for more details)...I'll let them know they were missed...

OK...that's it from here...I guess I am techincally on topic because I "answered" Dave's question...but I'll also guess 10,000 triandles on SSE (see, I still remember how the game is played...:))

OK...that's it...I'll be around...
Have a good one
:earsboy

I don't have a correct answer yet on my question. Marty is the closest, but he is still a few off.

Glad you're back, Higgs! Hopefully your schedule will calm down, and you'll be able to visit the CC on a regular basis.

There are 11,324 triangles on SE, made up of 954 triangular Alucobond panels.

Congrats all on PG11!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter