• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parks Before or After??

Hicks5397

Earning My Ears
We're planning our first cruise next year. What is your opinion, should we visit the parks before or after the cruise?

IMHO - I would suggest cruise afterwards. The cruise is soooo much better than the parks that you would be disappointed the otherwise. You won't regret it!

IMHO - I would suggest cruise afterwards. The cruise is soooo much better than the parks that you would be disappointed the otherwise. You won't regret it!

That sounds like good advise. It would be such a great feeling as we are leaving WDW, which we love, to know we are about to experience something even more spectacular!

I generally say parks first & then cruise, but since you don't list who will be traveling with you I will add this additional thought.

I have a 3.5 yo who loves WDW more than just about anything. If I were to take him to the parks and then try to confine him to a ship he would bug me to death for the cruise asking to go to the parks.

If I were to take him on a cruise first he would love the cruise and would be delighted by getting to go to the parks as well.

Unless you think this will be an issue, I say go to the parks and then spend time relaxing on the ship.

I have been trying to figure this out too. I wasn't sure if we should split it and go to WDW 2 days before and then two days after cruise.

I generally say parks first & then cruise, but since you don't list who will be traveling with you I will add this additional thought. I have a 3.5 yo who loves WDW more than just about anything. If I were to take him to the parks and then try to confine him to a ship he would bug me to death for the cruise asking to go to the parks. If I were to take him on a cruise first he would love the cruise and would be delighted by getting to go to the parks as well. Unless you think this will be an issue, I say go to the parks and then spend time relaxing on the ship.

Sorry I didn't post the cast: me, DH, DD (16), DS (13) & DS (7). I think my kids will be fine with a couple days in the parks and then the cruise. But, I'm still waiting to see what all suggestions I get before I make mind up.

I have been trying to figure this out too. I wasn't sure if we should split it and go to WDW 2 days before and then two days after cruise.

I think we'll go to WDW 2 days before the cruise. Then, we'll be ready to relax on the cruise.

Go to the parks first. Kids will NOT be board following on the following cruise. There are many things for the kids and adults to do on board. There will be character meets and plenty of other great things to do. To me it is two very different experiences. By the way, you will appreciate the cruise after the parks as well. You can push yourselves at the park knowing you have a cruise coming. Enjoy!

I used to say before, but now I am going to say after having been on a couple cruises. The cruise, IMO, is SOOOO much better than the parks. But maybe I am jaded from living here with an AP that gets used often.

I would say do the cruise first, because if you do it after, you will be so sad knowing you have to go home. But if you have the parks left, you will know your vacation isn't finished and you have more in store. By the time you finish the parks, you'll be so tired you'll WANT to go home! lol

We did a 4 day Dream cruise, followed by 4 days at the parks in June, 2012. I think we would have liked it better if we did it the other way around (still a fantastic time though) Although Disneyworld, Epcot, Universal were great, it was very HOT and very crowded, and not as relaxing as the cruise. Any time we were sweating in a long line at one of the parks, I kept thinking we should have done the cruise second....

On our first cruise we did a 4 night Dream and 3 nights at Universal. I was fine on the ship, no motion sickness, but it took me a week to get my land legs back. Walking around Universal feeling like the ground was tilting was unpleasant.

We did a 4 day Dream cruise, followed by 4 days at the parks in June, 2012. I think we would have liked it better if we did it the other way around (still a fantastic time though) Although Disneyworld, Epcot, Universal were great, it was very HOT and very crowded, and not as relaxing as the cruise. Any time we were sweating in a long line at one of the parks, I kept thinking we should have done the cruise second....

We were going to split it and go 2 nights at WDW, 4 night cruise, 2 nights at WDW. We decided to go to WDW for four nights and then 4 night cruise. I am looking forward to it!

We did WDW first, then our cruise. This worked out great. At WDW, we were on the go ride after ride. We then got to relax on the cruise. When we got back from the cruise, we spent the night at Cocoa Beach, headed to NASA and relaxed at the ocean before flying back. I wouldn't change a thing. Good luck & enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter