parks before check-in

hvanes

Mouseketeer
First, I am so sorry. I've been on this forum long enough to know that this information is somewhere... out there... I just cannot seem to find it.

We want to visit the parks on the morning of our check-in day. We are planning to go right from a rental house (doing a beach thing the first few vacation days) right to Animal Kingdom, checking in later in the day at our resort. (In the past, we've always checked in one day and waited to go to the parks until the following morning.)

Do we have to check in at our resort before going to AK?

You can go right to the parks! Check in is not until 3pm anyway so it is probably best to go enjoy DAK first and then go back to the resort to check in.

If you fully complete on line check-in before you arrive, and are paid in full, you don't need to go to the resort front desk at all. All your park passes and DDP if you have it, will be active on arrival day. Your room number will be sent via text or email when your room is ready and you can go straight to your room.

Thank you both... Interestingly, I used the "chat" feature on Disney's online site to ask this question, and the CM replied that because I have a resort + tickets package, I must stop at the resort before entering the parks. I didn't feel convinced that it was correct info; I'm so glad I stopped here to verify.

Thank you both... Interestingly, I used the "chat" feature on Disney's online site to ask this question, and the CM replied that because I have a resort + tickets package, I must stop at the resort before entering the parks. I didn't feel convinced that it was correct info; I'm so glad I stopped here to verify.
Phone CMs are notorious for providing incorrect or outdated information. I guess that goes for the chat CMs too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter