Parking

flausa

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been covered. I did a few searches realted to the subject and it didn't really seem to throw any light on the situation.

Having done Orlando 5 times, the last being in 2005, we decided to take a break from Central Florida and tried some other destinations.

However, it's now time to head back to the draw that is all the theme parks. I seem to remember parking in all the parks was around $8 per day 7 years ago, but am I right in thinking it's now around $14 per day? (Not even sure if that's including tax!)

That's a lot of dough just to park your car when you've already paid good money to gain admission to the parks.

Does anyone have any good ideas to alternatives to parking at the parks. For example, does anyone park at Downtown Disney (which I seem to remember was free?!?) and then use Disney transportation to the parks? Or is that a big no no with Disney? If it is possible, can any Disney ticket use the transportation? I say that as we're just booking 4 day magic your way tickets, 1 day per park with no hopping!

And what about all the other parks?

Any ideas would be very grateful!

Thanks.

Stay on site or pay. No buses go from DTD to the parks. Part of the reason for this is to keep people from parking there to try and get around the parking fee. Parking in DTD is for those guests who are visiting DTD.

So really, stay on site for free parking or pay the fee.

Stay on site or pay. No buses go from DTD to the parks. Part of the reason for this is to keep people from parking there to try and get around the parking fee. Parking in DTD is for those guests who are visiting DTD.

So really, stay on site for free parking or pay the fee.

Is this something new? If they don't go to the parks, where are they going?

Before anyone gets upset with me, we always stay onsite.:thumbsup2

Muushka said:
Is this something new? If they don't go to the parks, where are they going?

Before anyone gets upset with me, we always stay onsite.:thumbsup2

The buses from DTD go to the resorts, not parks.

Loz

We are not staying onsite and we pay for parking..no big deal..just pay it.

As others have posted there are no buses to the parks from DTD. You can take a bus to a resort and transfer but it will take a lot of time. Time that could be used in the parks. Time thats worth more than $14 per day.

There are no good work a rounds, you either stay on site and get free parking or take the bus or stay offsite and pay for parking or use an equally difficult off site hotel shuttle (if they offer one). Its just part of the planning process.

Other points. Yes you can use Disney Transportation, even without a ticket, and yes this comes up every once and awhile and people will post how they pay $50 for a 3 hour football game.

Wow, who knew? Things sure do change.......Thanks!

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been covered. I did a few searches realted to the subject and it didn't really seem to throw any light on the situation.

Having done Orlando 5 times, the last being in 2005, we decided to take a break from Central Florida and tried some other destinations.

However, it's now time to head back to the draw that is all the theme parks. I seem to remember parking in all the parks was around $8 per day 7 years ago, but am I right in thinking it's now around $14 per day? (Not even sure if that's including tax!)

That's a lot of dough just to park your car when you've already paid good money to gain admission to the parks.

Does anyone have any good ideas to alternatives to parking at the parks. For example, does anyone park at Downtown Disney (which I seem to remember was free?!?) and then use Disney transportation to the parks? Or is that a big no no with Disney? If it is possible, can any Disney ticket use the transportation? I say that as we're just booking 4 day magic your way tickets, 1 day per park with no hopping!

And what about all the other parks?

Any ideas would be very grateful!

Thanks.
Ways to park at Disney:
  • Stay onsite and park for free.
  • Get an AP and park for free even if you stay offsite.
  • Pay the $14 daily parking fee, regardless of which park you choose to see.
Free parking is a perk for onsite guests and AP holders. It would be against the rules of the Disboards to instruct you on how to get around paying the $14 fee if you are not entitled to free parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter