Parking tips at IOA / Universal?!

I'm not sure if anyone answered - is the valet parking $16 for the entire day? I've only done valet for dinner at Emeril's so it was just a few hours.

cutekitty714 said:
I'm not sure if anyone answered - is the valet parking $16 for the entire day? I've only done valet for dinner at Emeril's so it was just a few hours.
The last time I was at Universal (which bear in mind was 9 months ago) there were two rates for valet parking. The full day rate is $16 (but once you give a tip, it's essentially $20). The other rate only applies if you're staying less than two hours (say for dinner at Citywalk) and that is lower - though I can't remember exactly how much.

To get to valet parking, just drive straight down Universal Boulevard from I-4 and it is on the left (the bus / taxi / drop-off area is just before it on the right) and is well signposted.

The escalator you get on from valet parking takes you to the start of the final moving walkway, just before you reach the cinema bit of Citywalk.

The only other thing I can think of to note is that unlike regular parking, if you valet park, leave, then come back later in the day, you have to pay again.

steve_rob said:
To get to valet parking, just drive straight down Universal Boulevard from I-4 and it is on the left (the bus / taxi / drop-off area is just before it on the right) and is well signposted.

The escalator you get on from valet parking takes you to the start of the final moving walkway, just before you reach the cinema bit of Citywalk.

I think we came in from a different way. Major Blvd. seems to ring a bell, but your way sounds easier.

I haven't read all the posts on here so I dont' know if anyone else has suggested this, but park at the Royal Pacific lot, head through the hotel out to their water taxi and take the boat in. It saves you a lot on walking but you will have to wait for the boat. That's what I have done before. I was actually staying at the RP, but then left to go to the beach, got bored in a day or 2 on the beach and came back and just parked in the RP lot, it worked fine then, that was last year.

If you get off I-4 at Kirkman Rd. go north and stay in left lane and follow Universal signs. Left turn is Major Blvd - stay in left lane again and make left at Universal Blvd. Stay in left lane again and turn left into Universal parking- its actually at least two lights down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter