Parking Question

huey578

Test Track Dummy
Am renting a car for this trip, it's been almost 8 years since parking at resort. When I get to BWV, do I let guard know about my vehicle or do I need to go to front desk to get my parking permit?? I was hoping to bypass front desk and go straight to room. TIA

Parking anywhere is now a Magic Band event. If you have the Band for your trip and your DVC reservation is in your MyDisneyExperience account, your band will show that you are a DVC member staying at the resort and you do not need to do anything else except use the band at resort entry to get in.

When you get to the guard shack, just let them know you're checking in, they'll get your name, look at ID possibly, confirm your reservation, and wave you in. After that, Magic band should work to enter, if you use a MB. They don't do parking passes any more for vehicles. BWV regular parking is in the lot to the right.

Last edited:

Parking anywhere is now a Magic Band event. If you have the Band for your trip and your DVC reservation is in your MyDisneyExperience account, your band will show that you are a DVC member staying at the resort and you do not need to do anything else except use the band at resort entry to get in.
My husband and I will be staying in December and a number of family members will be joining us at our DVC villa and they will all be driving. They are all on our reservation so will their Magic Bands also allow them entry without payment?

My husband and I will be staying in December and a number of family members will be joining us at our DVC villa and they will all be driving. They are all on our reservation so will their Magic Bands also allow them entry without payment?
It should, but I'd print out the reservation details just in case.

I still don't quiet understand how they charge for parking. When you check in do you say you have a car? How do they mark the car so they know it's yours? Also how do they tell the 3hr time limit if you visit another hotel for a meal? I will always follow the rules and pay when I need to I'm just curious as to how the system works

I still don't quiet understand how they charge for parking. When you check in do you say you have a car? How do they mark the car so they know it's yours? Also how do they tell the 3hr time limit if you visit another hotel for a meal? I will always follow the rules and pay when I need to I'm just curious as to how the system works
The resort computers should have the rooms coded as cash or DVC. If you arrive by DME. the computers at the airport let the computers at the resort know so that likely means you don't have a car. I'm wondering if once DME goes away, if there will be a car question added to online check-in.

The resort computers should have the rooms coded as cash or DVC. If you arrive by DME. the computers at the airport let the computers at the resort know so that likely means you don't have a car. I'm wondering if once DME goes away, if there will be a car question added to online check-in.
We have never used DME and used a car service. Im just surprised the cars dont get stickers or something so guards can keep an eye on cars that are just sitting around way to long

Can you still park for free at theme parks? If so, what is the process

Can you still park for free at theme parks? If so, what is the process

Since you are staying at a Disney resort you will not have to pay at the theme park; you will pay only for resort parking. If you are using DVC points you don´t pay at all.

So to clarify, if you are staying on a DVC reservation, it's free to park your vehicle at both the resort and the parks??

So to clarify, if you are staying on a DVC reservation, it's free to park your vehicle at both the resort and the parks??
Yes, this is because, as far as the resort, our annual dues covers the maintenance. And ALL onsite WDW guests currently get free parking at the theme parks.

Yes, this is because, as far as the resort, our annual dues covers the maintenance. And ALL onsite WDW guests currently get free parking at the theme parks.

Thank you! I think with the disappearance of Magical Express, this will be our plan going forward.

You either have to scan your magic band to open the gate, or a security guard scans you in, so they know you drove into the resort.
Last time I went 1st to the guard, he said we just needed to scan my band at the other gate.

Last year we stayed at CBR (cash stay, not DVC) and did 1-way rentals on arrival and departure nights. We did online check in. They charged us parking for all nights, so we went to the front desk and they removed the charges from the middle nights.
But It sure seems they start charging for parking when you drive in through the gate.

You either have to scan your magic band to open the gate, or a security guard scans you in, so they know you drove into the resort.
Last time I went 1st to the guard, he said we just needed to scan my band at the other gate.

Last year we stayed at CBR (cash stay, not DVC) and did 1-way rentals on arrival and departure nights. We did online check in. They charged us parking for all nights, so we went to the front desk and they removed the charges from the middle nights.
But It sure seems they start charging for parking when you drive in through the gate.
Oh man.. I wonder if we ever got charged to park on my last trips.. I will make sure to double check this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter