parking question

becalubob

DIS Veteran
Hey all, I always use Disney transportation, so when my friend asked me this question a little while ago, I had no clue! Friend is checking in to Port Orleans Riverside next week Monday; will be arriving in the morning. Do they need to try to check into their room before heading into a park to be able to park in the MK lot (or any of the 4 parks lots?) Is it still free parking for those staying on site? Thanks!

Yes parking is free at the theme parks if you are staying on-site.

If you try going to MK first before checking in, you might have to pay to park at MK. But you should be able to keep your receipt then get a refund once you check in (I think that's how it works).

Yo get free parking they should check in first but you can check in as early as 6am. MK is the 1 park many people take Disney transportation too unless they are going somewhere else right afterwards as you have a lot of transportation after parking to get into the park and normally it is quicker to take the bus there.

when they check in, (even if their room isn't ready), does that activate their free parking? do they get a ticket of some sort or is it on the magic band?

when they check in, (even if their room isn't ready), does that activate their free parking? do they get a ticket of some sort or is it on the magic band?

Last time I visited (14 months ago) I got a piece of paper at check-in that I kept in my dashboard and used to get free parking at the theme parks and at my resort (I was at BLT/CR, where they are more stringent about parking enforcement).

We got the same piece of paper a couple weeks ago at VWL. We showed it at every park entrance for free parking.

They should check in before they go. They will get a piece of paper with their information of their stay (the dates) that they will put on their dashboard.

For me I love parking at the parks because it's faster than Disney transportation.

Hey all, I always use Disney transportation, so when my friend asked me this question a little while ago, I had no clue! Friend is checking in to Port Orleans Riverside next week Monday; will be arriving in the morning. Do they need to try to check into their room before heading into a park to be able to park in the MK lot (or any of the 4 parks lots?) Is it still free parking for those staying on site? Thanks!

They don't need to try and check into their room, they can check into their room. If the assigned room isn't ready, they can ask if another one is available or they can give their cell phone number and be texted or called with the room number when the room is available. Then they have their parking pass and can go enjoy whatever park they want. They can do online check in and note the approximate time they will be checking in and by using that line, they could shave off time it will take to check in. They have lots of options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter