Parking question.

tiink3rbella

me0w~*
Hi!

This is going to be our first time renting a car at the world, I wanted to know if we drive to say Epcot to visit the park and then take the monorail to MK and come get the car later is that ok? We are staying on Disney property.

Oh and do we get free parking since we are staying onsite? Otherwise we'll just be using the car to visit sites outside the world...

TYIA:moped:

Hi!

This is going to be our first time renting a car at the world,

1- I wanted to know if we drive to say Epcot to visit the park and then take the monorail to MK and come get the car later is that ok?
We are staying on Disney property.

2- Oh and do we get free parking since we are staying onsite?

1- Yes.

2- Yes.

If it's so late that the monorail is no longer running to Epcot, there will be buses provided
to take you back to the Epcot parking lot.

You do get free parking by staying onsite. The resort will give you a parking pass, and you'll need to leave that on your dash. The parking lot attendants will waive you through once they see the pass in your window.

You can leave your car at EPCOT and then use WDW transportation to visit MK. I wouldn't advise it, though. This would probably end up not being any faster than just driving to the TTC. This way, at least your car is at the TTC (the MK parking lot) at the end of the MK day and you don't have to worry about getting on another monorail (or bus) to get to EPCOT.

You can park at multiple lots per day for free, as long as you have that parking pass.

If you are thinking in your mind that I can be absolutely sure only if three people can give you the same answer... then consider it done, I had asked the same question before and I also looked it up. The above DISers are correct.

In fact we are going to do the same thing you discussed, so enjoy your planning, it just got easier !!

Hi!

This is going to be our first time renting a car at the world, I wanted to know if we drive to say Epcot to visit the park and then take the monorail to MK and come get the car later is that ok? We are staying on Disney property.

Oh and do we get free parking since we are staying onsite? Otherwise we'll just be using the car to visit sites outside the world...

TYIA:moped:

Yes and Yes! We park at EPCOT all the time, head to MK for the morning and then back over to WS for dinner. The only caution is that EPCOT may close earlier than MK and then you may have to take a bus if the monorail is no longer running. It may be better to park at whichever is open later to make sure you can get back easily.

Parking is free for all on site guests at all locations.:cool1:

When we were living full time in FL and often went to the parks just for the day, we found it was usually easier -- for us -- to park at Epcot and either stay there for the day or take the monorail to MK. We both just got aggravated about the "hassle" at TTC.
However, we never stayed so late that we had to worry about transportation. We could get a really good parking space at Epcot and the ride on the monorails back from MK was our last "ride" of the day.
:thumbsup2

When we were living full time in FL and often went to the parks just for the day, we found it was usually easier -- for us -- to park at Epcot and either stay there for the day or take the monorail to MK. We both just got aggravated about the "hassle" at TTC.
However, we never stayed so late that we had to worry about transportation. We could get a really good parking space at Epcot and the ride on the monorails back from MK was our last "ride" of the day.
:thumbsup2

The TTC "hassle" occurs when taking the monorail. There is no direct monorail between EPCOT and MK. You have to get off one at the TTC and then transfer to the other. The only thing you avoid this way is the parking lot trams.

Visit Epcot and exit by the International Gateway and grab a bus to the MK from the Boardwalk or Beach club,the bus will go directly to the front of MK without having to transfer at the TTC.Then you can get back to Epcot and pick up your car.

I strongly suggest parking in the lot at the park you'll be ending your day at. It's better to take the extra time to do this when you're fresh in the morning than when you're tired and your feet are aching at the end of the day. I learned this the hard way once by starting the day at Epcot, then going to MK and staying through the 1 am close. By that time, monorails had stopped running to Epcot, so we had to take a bus at the TTC. It took forever and we were exhausted. Of course, it was very easy to find our car once we got back to the Epcot lot ;)

I strongly suggest parking in the lot at the park you'll be ending your day at. It's better to take the extra time to do this when you're fresh in the morning than when you're tired and your feet are aching at the end of the day. I learned this the hard way once by starting the day at Epcot, then going to MK and staying through the 1 am close. By that time, monorails had stopped running to Epcot, so we had to take a bus at the TTC. It took forever and we were exhausted. Of course, it was very easy to find our car once we got back to the Epcot lot ;)

This. Last November, knowing we were going to MVMCP that evening, we parked at TTC (got a great spot) then took the monorail to EPCOT for most of the day. Back to MK for the party and then a short walk to car after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter