• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking question

Skippy24

Mouseketeer
This is the first time we are staying off site and I was wondering if we will be park hopping where should we park? Should we park at the 1st park we plan of going to and then drive to the next or take Disney transportation. I've never done this before so I don't know and if we do drive from park to park do we have to pay parking at each one for the same day. Thanks!!

You do not have to pay for parking if you go to a different park. I think it depends on when you are going, who are in your party, etc.

Personally, I would drive from park to park so that at the end of the day, I can just get in my car and go..

This is the first time we are staying off site and I was wondering if we will be park hopping where should we park? Should we park at the 1st park we plan of going to and then drive to the next or take Disney transportation. I've never done this before so I don't know and if we do drive from park to park do we have to pay parking at each one for the same day. Thanks!!

First off...once you pay to park, and you decide to leave and go to another park...be sure to save your receipt...show it at the next park, and you don't have to pay again for that day.

Now, park hopping...it depends on which parks you are going to. If you start out at MK or EPCOT, getting between those is easy...take the monorail. For the other parks, it would be best to drive instead of taking Disney buses....for the simple reason, the buses don't travel from park to park...just park to resort....now, you can take a bus from a park to the TTC and then to another park, but you spending a lot of time traveling.

We just park at the first park we are going to and leave our car there if we park hop. However that doesn't work so well if you're going to AK first since they close much earlier then the other parks and getting back to your car can be a challenge. If you decide to drive to another park just keep your receipt from the first park and you wont have to pay again.

Cherinva said:
First off...once you pay to park, and you decide to leave and go to another park...be sure to save your receipt...show it at the next park, and you don't have to pay again for that day.

Now, park hopping...it depends on which parks you are going to. If you start out at MK or EPCOT, getting between those is easy...take the monorail. For the other parks, it would be best to drive instead of taking Disney buses....for the simple reason, the buses don't travel from park to park...just park to resort....now, you can take a bus from a park to the TTC and then to another park, but you spending a lot of time traveling.

If you ant to park hop but don't want to drive, park at the last park you will be going to. Also, there is bus transportation between parks, not between DTD and parks so getting to whichever park you will finally end up in will be easy.

The only two parks that I do this with is MK and Epcot. I will decide which one is my last stop and park there. It is handy because of the monorail. The other two I just take my car and go to the next park with it. As stated, with the receipt, there is no additional charge for parking so why have to hassle with waiting for a bus to get to the park. It is not a time saver and by the end of the day most people are tired and just want to get back to their hotel. It's just easier and gives you more freedom to change your mind.

Another thing to consider, based in part on park hours, would be parking @ DHS for the day and using the international gateway for access to Epcot (as well, of course, DHS). It's about a 20 minute walk along a nice path by the Boardwalk or a 30ish minute ride on the Friendship boats between parks.

If I was staying offsite and park hopped, I'd drive between the parks. I wouldn't want to have to go back to the original park to get back to my car and go home. I don't really see a benefit to taking Disney Transportation if I'm staying offsite.

Since we started staying offsite a few years ago, we have always just moved our car as we park hopped. It saves a lot of time getting between parks instead of waiting for Disney transportation, and you don't have to figure out the best logistical way of getting your car at the end of the night. They give you a pass with the date stamped on it at the first park you visit once you pay, then you just show that to the gate attendant at the next park when you hop and they will let you through. On an upcoming trip, we are planning to hop from Epcot to MK in the evening, so in that case, it would make sense for us to park at the TTC and use monorail transportation between those two parks (via the TTC) instead of having to move the car. Otherwise, it's much easier to move the car.

Thanks everyone for your help. The main park hop that I had in mind was the day planned for the studios (hrs 8-4) and Epcot (9-9). I was originally just thinking of doing the walk between or taking the friendship. But I'd have trouble getting back to get my car if it was after 4. So thanks again for your help!!

If you ant to park hop but don't want to drive, park at the last park you will be going to. Also, there is bus transportation between parks, not between DTD and parks so getting to whichever park you will finally end up in will be easy.

As mentioned, There are actually buses that go park to park. The only exception to this rule is the Magic Kingdom.

There is no Bus from the Magic Kingdom to EPCOT because of the Monorail.

Also... The Buses that allow hopping between the MK and other parks leave from the TTC, and not the primary bus depot in front of the park.

Drive from park to park.

Why on Earth anyone would want to add a bus trip to their traveling is something I will never understand.

When you're done for the day, just leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter