• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking lot ettiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by lindajo
but this seems harmless. It sure would be nice at closing time, but don't know if this ranks right up there with pool-hopping....

Lindajo,

Harmless, maybe to you it would seem harmless, if it where only you it would be harmless...But when you multiply this action by hundreds of others and someone staying at one of these Resorts then is actually put out...it becomes something else to them.

Yes, while staying at The BWV I have had trouble finding a parking space driving around and around when all I wanted is just to go to my room.

Yes, it is nice at closing time that's why people stay at the Deluxe Resort and spend the extra money.

It looks like the OP is staying at the FW. Wouldnt it be much easier and less controversial to just take the boat to MK and then hop the Monorail to CR?? Much better than driving 30 minutes in circles looking for a space that someone staying at the CR could use??

As for the BW...according to Disney the difference is the entertainment of BW, people are there for that not to walk elsewhere so they allow free parking. JMO

It looks like the OP is staying at the FW. Wouldnt it be much easier and less controversial to just take the boat to MK and then hop the Monorail to CR?? Much better than driving 30 minutes in circles looking for a space that someone staying at the CR could use??

As for the BW...according to Disney the difference is the entertainment of BW, people are there for that not to walk elsewhere so they allow free parking. JMO

If it were me staying at the Contemporary or Polynesian (which I will be this summer, so I can test this), and I drive around looking for a spot and there isn't one spot in the whole lot, then I would be going either to the valet people or the front gate people and tell them there isn't a single spot, and ask them what should I do. At that point I would think they would have to either agree to move a car without a parking pass or give you free valet. Especially at the Contemporary I don't think they could just tell you to go park at the TTC. Maybe if enough people are without a space and then go and make Disney take care of it, Disney will either make more spaces or enforce the rules more.

Originally posted by freediverdude
If it were me staying at the Contemporary or Polynesian (which I will be this summer, so I can test this), and I drive around looking for a spot and there isn't one spot in the whole lot, then I would be going either to the valet people or the front gate people and tell them there isn't a single spot, and ask them what should I do. At that point I would think they would have to either agree to move a car without a parking pass or give you free valet. Especially at the Contemporary I don't think they could just tell you to go park at the TTC. Maybe if enough people are without a space and then go and make Disney take care of it, Disney will either make more spaces or enforce the rules more.

Great point.

And to whomever suggested to just park your car and use WDW transportation if you're a guest at the Polynesian so that others can park there...surely you jest.:crazy:

Originally posted by Sammie
I really do not think if I am paying the required amount to stay at the Polynesian that I should not be able to use our car. We live in Florida and have no plans to leave the car at home. Once there we visit friends in the area and shop.

I really am not into paying in access of $200 or more to not be able to bring a car, so someone that is not staying there can have a parking place.

Then maybe you should stay somewhere where parking isn't such a problem since it is so important to you.

Originally posted by BCV23
Great point.

And to whomever suggested to just park your car and use WDW transportation if you're a guest at the Polynesian so that others can park there...surely you jest.:crazy:

I'm not suggesting that, I'm just saying that it sounds like the Poly and CR have major parking problems, plan accordingly.
I'm not going to let a parking place or lack there of ruin my vacation.

Originally posted by Stitch Inside
Then maybe you should stay somewhere where parking isn't such a problem since it is so important to you.

You have got to be kidding. :mad:

Originally posted by Smcgibeau
We've done this at the Boardwalk Inn and visiting the boardwalk too. Am I technically taking up someone's space who's staying at the BWI or BWV? Probably. But where else do you park to visit the BW? Anyone know?

There is a day guest parking lot across the street from the Boardwalk. So instead of turning left into the BW parking lot, turn right and walk across the street and up the hill.

Originally posted by Sammie
Did you tell security you were parking there, going to a park, and they let you in anyway.

If they did they violated resort policy and should be reported. Parking lots are not for accessing the parks, they are for the guest staying at the resort and someone there to dine or shop. There are signs at all resorts with access to the parks that states parking is not allowed for accessing the parks.

I do agree that Disney needs to be the one to intervene.

I told security that I had reservations and asked them if after we could take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom and he said it was fine. I didnt just go and park their I did have reservations to eat.

And if you want to talk about not enough parking spaces..I just returned from the POP in the 50's building and you could park wherever it didnt matter where, mostly everyone was parked illegally. I did complain to the front and the lady said that there was like 1400 rooms and only 1200 parking spots! :rolleyes: So basically if you got back from the parks late u were screwed!

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to park your car if you're an overnight guest at a Disney resort. Whether it's at a resort that historically has had parking problems or not. If there is a problem with that, then it's Disney's responsibility to find you a parking spot within a reasonable distance from the buildings or agree to valet park your car for free. I don't have any problem with people driving in and parking to eat and shop, but the 3 hour permit rule should be enforced if there are parking problems. Especially with the monorail resorts, it's very easy to park in the TTC and grab the tram and monorail to any of those resorts for day guests to eat and shop, and then they can feel free to go on to the MK if they want. I could see if you were running kind of late for a priority seating that you might have to drive directly to the resort lot and go right in, but I think the day may soon be coming where anyone not staying overnight at the resorts would have to use the monorail to visit these resorts, if the parking situation gets worse. Or at the very least, strictly must produce a valid priority seating number and be issued a 3 hour permit.

I don't know why everyone is so opposed to parking at the TTC or at any of the parks for that matter. We were at MIL's offsite condo over Easter. The 4 days we were there, we never waited more than a couple of minutes for a tram. :D

Originally posted by lindajo
Is it Kosher to park your car at the Contemporary resort and walk into the MK? I was reading UG, and they suggested doing this with a PS at one of the restaurants, and taking advantage of this type of entry/exit into the MK. I was thinking the restaurant part was unnecessary, as long as I was a guest at one of the resorts and had my parking pass. I know everyone is protective of their "home" resort's privileges, but this seems harmless. It sure would be nice at closing time, but don't know if this ranks right up there with pool-hopping....:confused:

If I understand this post correctly you are saying that you will be at another resort at Disney. If this is true you will receive a length of stay slip to put on your dash board. This pass will get you free parking at all PARK parking lots. To park at another resort the rules do say you MUST have a PS for a restaurant at that resort and are given a temporary 3 hour pass. If Disney really wants to make some quick money they should tow these cars that are parked against the rules and charge the offenders a hefty fine just like in the real world if the local police have your car towed for illegal parking.

It's a great idea to make dinner reservations on a Spectromagic night

Instead of waiting in line for the monorail afterward, it's a nice leisurly stroll over to the Contemporary, away from all the crowds. If you come back to MK just for the parade and fireworks, the three hours will be sufficient to fit in dinner afteward.

I think Stitch Inside is not really that thoughtless, just trying to stir the embers. It would be best to ignore those posts.
If WDW allows this to go on, then guests who are having difficulty should do exactly as freediverdude said, ask the resort or valet where to put your car. I can't imagine paying to stay at a better resort and they are not able to supply reasonable parking because it is filled with non-resort guests.
Imagine if concierge people couldn’t use that service because non-concierge guests were using it all the time.

Originally posted by M. Eisner
I think Stitch Inside is not really that thoughtless, just trying to stir the embers. It would be best to ignore those posts.

Thoughtless? Stir the embers? It sounds like these embers have been glowing red hot for a long time. Ignore me?
Mr. Eisner you are mistaken. I am just stating the obvious, until Disney does something about the parking problem, plan accordingly. Be prepared for limited parking spaces. And I also agree with freediverdude that you should ask the resort or valet where to park.
Have a "magical" day.:earsboy:

Originally posted by philaround
If I understand this post correctly you are saying that you will be at another resort at Disney. If this is true you will receive a length of stay slip to put on your dash board. This pass will get you free parking at all PARK parking lots. To park at another resort the rules do say you MUST have a PS for a restaurant at that resort and are given a temporary 3 hour pass. If Disney really wants to make some quick money they should tow these cars that are parked against the rules and charge the offenders a hefty fine just like in the real world if the local police have your car towed for illegal parking.

Actually the Poly has been towing offenders that go over the 3 hour allotment. After searching for a spot to park my vehicle it is with some pleasure to see yet another car being towed off the lot! LOL!

Originally posted by skiwee1
Actually the Poly has been towing offenders that go over the 3 hour allotment. After searching for a spot to park my vehicle it is with some pleasure to see yet another car being towed off the lot! LOL!

And the crowd goes wild!:jumping1:
Finally, an example of Disney enforcing their rules.:D

Originally posted by Stitch Inside
And the crowd goes wild!:jumping1:
Finally, an example of Disney enforcing their rules.:D

Yes it is nice isn't it? Disney finally enforces the rules. Now if they would only do that with poolhoppers and reusers of mugs! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter