• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking in Port Canaveral?

RoadTripFanatic

Mouseketeer
How much is it to park for a 3 night cruise? In your honest opinion is it worth it to rent a car and let it sit for 3 nights verses rent and shuttle option? I just hate the thought of waiting for a shuttle, turning in a car, going to port, going back to rental car place etc. It's going to cost me the same in rental costs either way. I'm just trying to figure out the cost to park and if it is worth it.
THANKS!!!!

We used Budget on a 7 night cruise. They were at the port to pick us up when we got off the ship, and it took about 10 minutes at their location to pick up the car. It was a totally painless as it could have been.

Parking is $12 per day. You must be getting a super rate if it is worthwhile to pay rental on a car while it is parked! For us, it was cheaper to pick it up when we got to the port.

The rate isn't super. I'm paying $100 for the entire trip. It's the same as if I had rented for two one day rentals. I would just be paying extra to park that rental car. I'm still trying to decide if it is worth the extra money not to have to load, unload, reload, stand in line etc to rent and return twice. :)

If you are going to do the rental for 100 plus 36 parking why not just get a limo. It should be about the same

Our first cruise we dropped off our rental at Budget and took the shuttle to the port and did the reverse on our return. Our second cruise we just parked the rental at the port (both cruises were 3 nights). The second time was SO much easier! We literally walked out fo the port building, crossed a street, and walked a very short distance to the car. If it is going to cost about the same either way, I suggest parking at the port.

We leave Sunday :santa: and I was wondering is Port Canaveral Parking Garage still under construction???

It has been done for a while now, but it is used for another terminal.

Thank You! My girlfriend said last time they cruised and left out of port canaveral that it took a long time for her Husband to Park the car. They went October out of Tampa and was not sure about Port Canaveral.

If my husband would drop my DD and myself off with Bags and parked the car do you think it would take a while for him to get back to us??

:boat:

If my husband would drop my DD and myself off with Bags and parked the car do you think it would take a while for him to get back to us??

Each time we have cruised with DCL, we were there soon after the port opened and got to park in the lot connected to the terminal. We were literally steps away from our car, when standing at the terminal with our luggage and the porter. There is another lot that is just a stones throw away across the street from the terminal. In either case, it would take your husband not more then a few of minutes at most to get to you after parking.

We took a cruise in September (not Disney, but same port), and we opted to rent a vehicle and park it. We had been in Disney for a week before the cruise, and I did not want to bring all of the luggage we needed for the Disney portion of our trip on the cruise. We traveled as a party of 7 (mom, dad, 4 kids, and grandma), so rental was cheaper for us than a shuttle or limo service (we did the research).

Besides costs, I also wanted to do the transport to the port in a way that was the least hassle for us overall. It really worked well. We rented through a hotel located in Downtown Disney (was the Grosvenor). They picked up dh at POFQ in a shuttle, he returned to the resort with the rental van, and we drove to the port. After the cruise we drove right to the airport and we were able to turn in our rental at the airport - that was very nice.

We are taking a 5 day Disney cruise next September, and we will probably plan to do the same thing again.

I would definitely say it's worth it. You don't have to bring "everything" that you would bring to the parks so you can leave luggage in the trunk.

We did car service a year ago and spent a ton on tips driver and the luggage guys at the port. Then the porter at DCL and then the driver.

You walk right off the ship and to your car.

Yikes! We have a 15-passenger van, and it measures 20' 4"! We have a handicapped placard, issued in NC, but DH's limitation does not qualify for free disabled parking. I'd better check the hotel.

Let me see if I figured this right...$12.00 a day for a car and I assume you are charged for both the day that you park and the day you disembark, is that correct? If so, it would cost $96.00 to park for the duration of the cruise.

Let me see if I figured this right...$12.00 a day for a car and I assume you are charged for both the day that you park and the day you disembark, is that correct? If so, it would cost $96.00 to park for the duration of the cruise.

Oh no! We are only taking a 3 night cruise. It would only cost us $48 to park the car there. I have decided that it's worth the $48 not to have to hassle w/ returning and re-renting. Thanks for your help!

OK 3 day cruise= $36 (Thurs.-Sun)
4 day=$48 (Sun.-Thurs.)
7 day=$84

Just take the number of days you are sailing and x by $12

Has anyone done any figuring as to whether it's worth getting two one way rentals (one for the drive down to the port and one for on the way back)? I'm thinking if the cost is near the same as parking for a 7 day cruise it might be worth not leaving our car parked. Is it safe to leave your car there? Just trying to decide what would be better. Thanks!

I figured i tout for us and it was actually cheaper to book the car longer and park it then it would be for 2 seprate reservations. However we have the car for 9 nights. Its so worth it to me no matter what I don't want to lug our car seats around on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter