Parking in Galveston

gritz

Earning My Ears
I rented a car and will need to park it near the port while we are on our cruise. I have never been to Galveston and do not know the area at all. I looked into parking at BOI Valet but not sure if that place exists anymore? Can any recommend a place for me to park? I have 2 young kids so the closer the better!

Thank you!

We parked at Galveston Park N Cruise. We prepaid for an indoor spot. They are right across from port. Hubby dropped off family and luggage then parked. He walked across street to join us. Very easy. I do think BOI is closed.

We parked at Galveston Park N Cruise. We prepaid for an indoor spot. They are right across from port. Hubby dropped off family and luggage then parked. He walked across street to join us. Very easy. I do think BOI is closed.

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I tried booking online but it says there is no availability for my Jan 4 sail date. Maybe I started looking too late. :( Any other parking recommendations?

gritz said:
Thanks so much for the suggestion! I tried booking online but it says there is no availability for my Jan 4 sail date. Maybe I started looking too late. :( Any other parking recommendations?

I am on the same sailing, and no availability for MONTHS! We are doing ezcruise I think... recommended by others on our sailing :) HTH

We used Lighthouse but I booked in July for 11/30 sail date. Worth a shot! Good luck!

I recommend Lighthouse. BOI has changed names to VIP Parking, but I have not been able to find them online. They were open though with a sign outside when we went past them 2 weeks ago today. Park N Cruise are primarily servicing Carnival customers so you probably won't get in there. We have used all of them and Lighthouse have a good shuttle service, you can park and they will load all of your luggage, take you to the cruise terminal and unload all of your luggage for you at that end. If you want to, you can take your rental car to the cruise terminal, drop your luggage and the rest of your travel party (if you have another adult going with you) and then go to Lighthouse and just ride the shuttle back. :thumbsup2

What about Port of Galveston parking? Is that walkable with kids and would anyone recommend it?

What about Port of Galveston parking? Is that walkable with kids and would anyone recommend it?

The only two that I would truly class as walkable are Park N Cruise and what was BOI. Everything else requires a shuttle as they are several blocks away and the biggest issue is that the most direct route to walk would have you trying to cross Harborside Drive with no traffic light and that would be really tricky.

We've not used Port of Galveston, so can't give you any direct feedback on them.

I just used EZ cruise parking last week. Its close to the port as well, and service was fine. Its not spectacular, but it got the job done.

I just used EZ cruise parking last week. Its close to the port as well, and service was fine. Its not spectacular, but it got the job done.

I've used them several times. Definitely good enough for me. Big plus (from our perspective) we've never had to wait around in line for the shuttle, they zip you straight to and from the ship. The shuttles are older but works for me. They have a discount for online booking too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter