Parking for O'hana then MK

Does anyone know if handicap guests still get free valet (obviously still need to tip). And if its free, is it good for the 24 hours?

I don't believe there's a need. There's plenty of parking for their guest, people who use the valet service and those who have ADR's for the Poly restaurants, or plan to shop at the Poly gift shops.

Just not for theme park access.

The whole thing just seem silly. The TTC is huge with tons of parking and a short walk or monorail ride away.

How much is it to Valet park at the resorts these days? We're staying off property, so we're going to have to pay to park regardless. Might make more sense to valet at the Poly, go to MK, then come back for our dinner reservation at 'Ohana's that evening, versus parking at the TTC that morning, riding to Poly in the evening, then trying to get back to TTC after dinner... I guess if the price is worth it, it will save some walking. Thanks!

How much is it to Valet park at the resorts these days? We're staying off property, so we're going to have to pay to park regardless. Might make more sense to valet at the Poly, go to MK, then come back for our dinner reservation at 'Ohana's that evening, versus parking at the TTC that morning, riding to Poly in the evening, then trying to get back to TTC after dinner... I guess if the price is worth it, it will save some walking. Thanks!

I believe it is now $25 plus tip to Valet. But "trying to get back to the TTC after dinner" really is not difficult. It is an easy 7 -10 minute walk on a lit pathway from the Great Ceremonial House to the TTC if you choose to do that.

When I'm paying $500 for dinner at Ohana, or a show, the least worry should be a tow for self parking. At these rates, the resort's need a better solution for dinner guest parking.
If you are prepared to pay $500 for dinner, why not just add on another 5% and pay for valet parking which will buy you all day privileges at the Poly (and any other resort that you might drive to that day)? $500. $525. What's the difference? (And all you math geniuses who are getting ready to type: $25!...you can save it. :goodvibes)

We went to Ohana for an 8:10am breakfast last week. We had front row parking at TTC upon arriving around 7:40am. It was the easiest walk to the Poly then we took the monorail to MK. We used the monorail back to TTC at the end of the day - and we could walk back to our car since it was so close instead of waiting for the tram.

Does anyone know if handicap guests still get free valet (obviously still need to tip). And if its free, is it good for the 24 hours?

I wonder what the answer to this is too.

Also what do you say at the guard gate if you want to valet park and head to a park? Two years ago I recommended to some extended family to valet at the Contemporary to go to MK for their early morning breakfast since the were traveling with 2 scooters and was worried about getting on the monorail after the fireworks. They also liked the idea of not having to wait for the monorail and was more than willing to pay the extra cost. The guard told them they were not allowed to valet park for this reason and directed them to leave and go to the TTC. Should they have just said they were there to valet park and not mention MK? When I have mentioned on here that it might be best to tell the guard you wanted to visit the resort and leave off the fact you were headed to a park, I was told that it was a bad idea to lie to the guard which isn't really what I was suggesting. This guard told my extended family that what they wanted to do wasn't allowed and had not ever been allowed but my family has done it several times. We always say we want to visit the resort which we normally visit the gift shop or stop at the CS place for a drink or a cupcake.

When I'm paying $500 for dinner at Ohana, or a show, the least worry should be a tow for self parking. At these rates, the resort's need a better solution for dinner guest parking.

Seriously? You think dinner should include free park parking? You have plenty of time to eat and explore the resort with a three hour parking pass. What you seem to be trying to do is bypass normal park transportation after exiting the park, but honestly, I think that you are adding rather than reducing steps.

Also what do you say at the guard gate if you want to valet park and head to a park? Two years ago I recommended to some extended family to valet at the Contemporary to go to MK for their early morning breakfast since the were traveling with 2 scooters and was worried about getting on the monorail after the fireworks. They also liked the idea of not having to wait for the monorail and was more than willing to pay the extra cost. The guard told them they were not allowed to valet park for this reason and directed them to leave and go to the TTC. Should they have just said they were there to valet park and not mention MK? When I have mentioned on here that it might be best to tell the guard you wanted to visit the resort and leave off the fact you were headed to a park, I was told that it was a bad idea to lie to the guard which isn't really what I was suggesting. This guard told my extended family that what they wanted to do wasn't allowed and had not ever been allowed but my family has done it several times. We always say we want to visit the resort which we normally visit the gift shop or stop at the CS place for a drink or a cupcake.
I think I've asked this a few times here on the DIS and no one answered so no one that is seeing the question must know. We have an ADR at Chef Mickey's. We'll probably just end up parking at the TTC and taking the monorail...but my mom has a scooter so its so much easier if we can just park at the Contemporary.

I think I've asked this a few times here on the DIS and no one answered so no one that is seeing the question must know. We have an ADR at Chef Mickey's. We'll probably just end up parking at the TTC and taking the monorail...but my mom has a scooter so its so much easier if we can just park at the Contemporary.

For what it's worth, using the scooter on and off of the monorails is relatively easy.

Even if you say you are there to visit, shop, they can still send you back to the TTC if the lot is crowded. I know because it happened to us. We offered to pay valet and they said nope. It really depends on how crowded the lots are on that day. It's worth trying but leave enough time to go back.

Having stayed at the Poly last November the weekend after Thanksgiving, I don't think it's sad. We would have to circle the parking lot multiple times before finding a spot. The parking lot at the Poly is pretty small in my opinion for the size of the resort, and it has the potential to be very abused if not enforced. When you're paying the prices that Disney charges for those resorts, I think that resort guests should absolutely have priority to park over people wanting to park there and go to the park after their dinner.

I get what people are saying that when they spend X amount on dinner, Disney shouldn't care where they park but the reality is they do. If you're spending $500 on dinner, there's multiple people spending that on dinner AND $500/night for a room at the Poly. Disney is a corporation who is in it to make money - they're going to please the guest paying more. Not saying it's right, just saying that's the way it is. Your dinner doesn't include "park parking" - it includes parking for the time it should take you to complete the meal (and Disney is generous to say it's three hours across resorts).

I will valet park, in the scheme of spending that is WDW it is not a lot of money. If I have a car I always valet at the contemporary to go to MK
If you are planing to stay until after the fireworks that day I will valet at the contemporary and take the monorail to the Poly for breakfast.
The crowds exiting the parks after the fireworks make getting into the monorail/bus/boat a nightmare.
I love being able to just walk and get my car at the end of the night with no wait.
We have no car for our upcoming trip, thank god there are EMH at MK the night we are going for the fireworks!

We only valet when we are staying at the resort as we just park the car and use Disney transportation the rest of the time but every time we do it has been free with the handicap sticker.

Imagine the outrage from those who spend more than that per night to stay there and then can't find a place to park.

Happens at the Boardwalk Villas every single trip. Never seen a car towed. Not in 15 years. Wonder why they don't enforce it there? People walk or boat to two parks from there. And I've had no place to park many many times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter