Parking for non resort guests

Sun Lover

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting WDW for just one day in April. Is the Preferred Parking worth the extra money? The standard rate for the day at all the parks is $30 and the Preferred is $45-55 depending on the date of your visit. The parking lot trams are up and running now, but I wonder how much time we would save if we get the Preferred Parking. We will have a group of 12 of us, including 4 young kids. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

I have not seen any benefit with preferred as all lots are walkable and the TTC tram is readily available.

I have not seen any benefit with preferred as all lots are walkable and the TTC tram is readily available.
We park in the handicapped lots and at MK that is right next to Preferred. I have only seen the Preferred folks walking to the TTC so I'm not sure (maybe someone will answer) but I've never seen tram stop there, just buzz right by them. So while you park closer you have a jaunt to get up to security.

We will be visiting WDW for just one day in April. Is the Preferred Parking worth the extra money? The standard rate for the day at all the parks is $30 and the Preferred is $45-55 depending on the date of your visit. The parking lot trams are up and running now, but I wonder how much time we would save if we get the Preferred Parking. We will have a group of 12 of us, including 4 young kids. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
We use preferred all the time. I realize the extra cost may not appeal to some but its so nice coming out of the parks at night to not have to go slepping across the park lot for what seems like miles. Not sure of the actual time you will save in April as I have not been in April but when we go I must admit I get a little giddy just driving past the hordes of people waiting for trams.

Some years ago included in our ticket purchase from AAA was a Preferred Parking pass.

We used it twice and honestly noticed VERY little difference between preferred and regular parking.

Maybe is saved very few steps, but, I wouldn't pay $1 for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter