Parking for MM question.

samsmainla

Earning My Ears
Last time we tried to park at Mickey and Friends lot on our MM day, we waited for them to open the lot and lost about 20min of our time.
If the Mickey and Friends lot only opens 1 hour before park opening, and MM is one hour before general park opening, where do you park so you can be in line for MM before it starts? TIA.

That's interesting. M&F is supposed to open one hour before park opening, and if it is an MM day, they should open about 30 minutes prior to that.

Maybe because it was off season(if there even is one anymore). The park opened at 10 am and they did not open Mickey and Friends until 8:45, so by the time we parked and took the tram and walked to the gates, it was 9:20. I did not want a repeat of the frustrating wait this year.

Unfortunately, parking and getting to MM on time is difficult. You will have to be one of the first cars that arrives at the lot. Either that or try the new Toy Story lot, which may be quicker because the buses come more often than the trams at the M&F lot.

Staying off property and getting to MM can be a problem. I have parked at Downtown Disney lot, gone to MM, then had lunch at one of the sit downs to get validated, then moved the car to Toy Story lot in the afternoon. It is definitely a headache. :sad2:

You can also did as another poster suggested, be one of the very first cars into the lot. You can usually make it then. If you have a large party, have someone drop everyone else off, then the driver goes back to park. Meanwhile, the rest of the party saves them a place in line. If you get there early enough it can work. That way you get a good spot up front.

We are staying at the hilton when we go and we usually take the tram but I dont remember when they start. Where is the toy story parking?

Thanks for the help so far. Staying in walking distance is not an option as hotel is booked via hotwire.
We were the 3rd car in line the last time we parked at M&F lot.
Our hotel has a shuttle, but it starts 1 hour before park opening, so not much help for MM.
Looks like I will stick to our plan of cabbing it in to start and take our hotel shuttle back at the end of the day.

We are staying at the hilton when we go and we usually take the tram but I dont remember when they start. Where is the toy story parking?

The entrance to the Toy Story lot is directly across the intersection from the convention center hotels' access road( Convention way).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter