Parking fee for Cabin in FW?

Disfan454

Mouseketeer
From what I have seen, people staying at Fort Wilderness campsites are allowed one motorized vehicle for free. Would I be correct in assuming that the people staying in the cabins do not get that and have to pay to park a vehicle?

From what I have seen, people staying at Fort Wilderness campsites are allowed one motorized vehicle for free. Would I be correct in assuming that the people staying in the cabins do not get that and have to pay to park a vehicle?

That is a correct assumption. $19 per night for parking.

That CM you spoke to needs a post it note with the below.

Campsite = no parking fee.
Cabin = parking fee.
Not just her since she put me on hold to verify with a supervisor since she was not sure, maybe a big poster instead of a post it :crazy2: but I have her name and the date and time of the call so if nothing else hopefully I will not be paying this time :thumbsup2

Not just her since she put me on hold to verify with a supervisor since she was not sure, maybe a big poster instead of a post it :crazy2: but I have her name and the date and time of the call so if nothing else hopefully I will not be paying this time :thumbsup2

Good luck, but on the ground CMs have the last word over anything told to you on the phone ... and the Cabins have charge which is backed up by the Disney website.

Website says that campsites get 1 free car, cabins are not considered true campsites. Website says they have a charge.

Amenities at The Cabins (Fort Wilderness)
Parking
Effective for new reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee of $19 per night (sales tax included).

Complimentary standard self parking is available when visiting this Resort to enjoy select dining, shopping, entertainment and recreation experiences.

Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/

Last edited:
Disappointing as I was told by a cast member that parking at the cabins was free.
Did you possibly make your reservation before 3/21/2018, in that case the CM would have been correct?

As @HopperFan points out the new parking fee policy started with reservations made on 3/21/2018 or after. So if the first five digits of your Disney reservation number are 48079 or less, that's the magic number to still qualify for free parking.

Dave

Did you possibly make your reservation before 3/21/2018, in that case the CM would have been correct?

As @HopperFan points out the new parking fee policy started with reservations made on 3/21/2018 or after. So if the first five digits of your Disney reservation number are 48079 or less, that's the magic number to still qualify for free parking.

Dave
Nope. I waited until the summer AP discount came out to see if I would rather try offsite (since I had free theme park parking.

I totally get what you are saying Hopper, but am hoping Disney will honor it as they told me it on the phone and I have the info to reference call and agent. Willing to gamble, if they mention a charge at check in and are not interested in my phone call I will just have to see if one of my Orlando friends wants to just charge me half price or something for parking during the week :rotfl:

Nope. I waited until the summer AP discount came out to see if I would rather try offsite (since I had free theme park parking.

I totally get what you are saying Hopper, but am hoping Disney will honor it as they told me it on the phone and I have the info to reference call and agent. Willing to gamble, if they mention a charge at check in and are not interested in my phone call I will just have to see if one of my Orlando friends wants to just charge me half price or something for parking during the week :rotfl:

I'm glad you have a backup plan because what the phone CM told you will make zero difference with the folks at the resort. I have 1st hand experience with this.

Aside from Phone CMs having little to no input to operations, having a name of who told you would mean nothing as there are thousands and many use fake names - not uncommon in customer service for this very reason. Amazing how many times I have talked to Aurora :P guess they were destined to work at Disney.

The information clearly printed on the website kinda trumps a she-said phone call. Unfortunately Disney has decided to add this fee, and it is now up to us to decide if we want to stay there and pay it or stay somewhere else or not bring a car.

I'm glad you have a backup plan because what the phone CM told you will make zero difference with the folks at the resort. I have 1st hand experience with this.

Totally agree.

Last edited:

Dave

YUP. I booked after that date and it is clearly stated on the receipt email you receive, which then included a link to the website page which also clarifies the price for each level and that the free parking is for campsites only.

This is what was on my receipt ... hard to argue once you book it (you accepted terms) since the Cabins are a moderate.

Important Details
48i8FOJhEJ4NqeCmkDRYFtpc6vVFrEgHKD7c3W9kdPgCoKR_Boh-Pcst3mnZcTcDoz6IrtbZd1lSxotk347egmg8Ynqh7wUHNZ9Zv-Sbh0-dWIjz4GAIZkc5LdHXxRhcZlzIsRfmMuITzTcC5xk--eiWukR72XB9s_z9kQ2IuPCywHv9jrQUpo8WzQTWX4e7rqIk-YdXTCCnC-oK443qbluJ=s0-d-e1-ft
Self-Parking at Disney Deluxe, Deluxe Villa, Moderate and Value Resorts
For reservations made March 21, 2018 or later, a per night parking fee will be charged to your hotel folio if you self-park overnight at a Disney Deluxe, Deluxe Villa, Moderate or Value Resort hotel. Valet parking is also available for a fee at select Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa hotels. Learn more about parking at Walt Disney World Resort.

Last edited:
My DH called FW front desk to verify today. We were also to we would not be charged for our car.
"Front Desk" phone calls are answered at an offsite call center. The rep answering is not even in Florida and likely never even been on WDW property. They are famous for giving out incorrect information
Good Luck

My DH called FW front desk to verify today. We were also to we would not be charged for our car.

Why would you call to verify when the policy has been all over these boards?

If you read the fine print on your reservation you will see that everything to do with your Disney reservation is subject to change. Saying that you were told something else over the phone will have zero impact.

Why would you call to verify when the policy has been all over these boards?

If you read the fine print on your reservation you will see that everything to do with your Disney reservation is subject to change. Saying that you were told something else over the phone will have zero impact.

Thank you for your thoughtful and enlightening response.

Wow I'm not usually one to complain. Parking fees suck and all, but at the "regular" resorts I suppose parking can be limited, potentially justifying the extra charge. But at the FW Cabins YOU HAVE A DEDICATED PARKING SPACE FOR EACH CABIN!!! Thats nothing but pure gouging right there. Shameful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter