• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking; extra vehicle and using the TTC lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatLight

Earning My Ears
We're staying at a campsite with my sister and her family. We both have vehicles. I believe the rules say only vehicle can stay on the site at a time. I assume that vehicle parks in overflow parking, correct? Is that vehicle free, or will we be charged an extra fee? Assuming there's an extra fee, does anyone know off-hand how much it is?

We're also planning to meet some other extended family at the parking lot for the TTC on the first morning. (I know, we could just take the boat or bus over and meet them at the entrance to MK, but we want to see the kids' faces when they ride the monorail and approach MK for the first time.) Will both of our vehicles have free parking at the TTC parking lot, or just one?

Thanks!

Last edited:
So.... Technically speaking you are only allowed one vehicle at your site, however, the more "Enforced" rule is that whatever you have at your site is actually CONTAINED within the confines of the site. So for example, if you have a pop-up (or just a small TT) on a Premium site, it's feasible to have it, and 2 cars on the site without an issue. Lacking that, you should still be able to use the Overflow lot up front.

I would also think that, as guests, they would give you separate pass for the 2 vehicles. Since the parking is complimentary for Resort "Guests" and not specified by the number of rooms or sites.

As an alternative, you could also take the boat/bus to the MK and then grab the Monorail to the TTC to meet them and then ride the Monorail Back to the park with them so that you can see their faces as they ride. Just a thought.

Either way, I hope you have an awesome time.

Kat,

As Paul said, all cars in your party are free and can park at your site or at the overflow lot of the Fort.

If the TTC group of yours is a third party, they get free parking at the TTC/MK lot like you if they are a resort guest or will have to pay if they are staying off site. One thing I wanted to point out is that from the Fort to the TTC lot is a roundabout trip.

You come out of the Fort turning right onto Vista Blvd and go back down to World Drive and the road curves around toward the Contemporary. You will see the TTC lot on the left. At the traffic light, turn left and drive over in front of the TTC and Poly resort. That is Seven Seas Drive and you go down past the Poly to the tee and turn left onto Floridian Way. Go all the way up past the golf courses and the gas station/Car Center on the right and THEN ON THE LEFT is the return lane to the TTC/MK parking lot. Go and park your car then.

Point is you have to go about 350 degrees around the horn to get there - it's not a direct shot.

The looks on the kid's faces should be worth the journey.::yes::

Bama Ed

I have parked my car and truck at our site without any problems. They both fit on our premium site driveway.

Ha, you weren't kidding! Worth the time to get to see the kids take the trip for the first time, but that's definitely a roundabout path to get there (literally).

Of course, there is always the ability to walk over too...... No car needed. You could take the bus to Wilderness Lodge and from there it's a short walk. It's less than a mile walk from door to Monorail Ramp.

Options, Options, Options.....

Have the camera/video ready, I am sure the kids will have a blast all around.

BTW, KatLight, since you booked the campsites as a throwaway room, you'll have no problem parking at TTC although you're not staying at the Fort per your other recent posts on the DIS on one of the "Throwaway Room" threads. (Don't bother to alter them - I have the screen shots). I guess money is tight.

I have more I would say but I choose not to. Sorry you couldn't be honest with us here on the Camping Board.

Enjoy your vacation.

Bama ed

Not being dishonest (what would I have to gain by doing so?); we booked the sites as throwaway rooms for the magicbands for a large group, and the free parking for guests. After discussing it as a group, half the families (including my own) realized we actually wanted to camp on the first night. The other half don't like camping and will be meeting us at the lot. :) Just posted this wanting to know what would happen to the second vehicle that would spend the night camping and how the transfer for campground parking to TTC parking would go since I thought only 1 vehicle would get a permit for the campsite.

I feel like you're accusing me of doing something wrong but I have no idea what. Does our plan violate Disney's rules/guidelines in some way? If so, I'd rather know now than risk running afoul of Disney and ruining a trip for 18 people.

BTW, KatLight, since you booked the campsites as a throwaway room, you'll have no problem parking at TTC although you're not staying at the Fort per your other recent posts on the DIS on one of the "Throwaway Room" threads. (Don't bother to alter them - I have the screen shots). I guess money is tight.

I have more I would say but I choose not to. Sorry you couldn't be honest with us here on the Camping Board.

Enjoy your vacation.

Bama ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter