Parking at WDW

javaonline

Play Freebird!
Hi...I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while and checking out the boards, trying to digest all the info available on WDW. I'm planning our first Disney vacation for October. (6-13th)

I'm using hotel points to stay in a couple of hotels offsite, and I will be arriving each day in our rental car.

I'm looking for a way to save 9.00 per day on parking. Are there any special hints or tips on how to avoid parking charges? Any local discounts?

Anything?

Can someone drop you off at the Contemporary?
Other than that, maybe your hotel has free shuttles.

most of the time - it takes quiet a while out of your trip to avoid WDW parking fees.

you can park in DD - but then you need a bus to a WDW resort - get off then take another bus to the WDW park.... see how this one step can easily be over an hour to a couple of hours....

when you consider how much Disney costs - just pay the fee.

otherwise go buy an annual pass - then parking is free! I only have to pay $315 for the annual pass - DVC member. but it is $415 for everyone else - unless you are florida resident.

The only way to avoid parking costs are to

1) Purchase an Annual Pass
2) Stay at on onsite hotel
3) Off site hotel shuttle

There are no other discounts or way to save on parking at WDW

We cashed in bottles and cans (we pay a 5¢ deposit on all bottles and cans in Maine) to pay our tolls and parking fees on our trip. I know it's not avoiding the fee, but it is easier to pay it with "found" money! :) Otherwise, I don't know of any way to avoid the fee that won't take hours out of your day. I've come to accept parking fees as inevitable as a theme park goer. The only exceptions in 5 years of travel have been Canobie Lake Park in NH and Knoebels in PA!

There are no special discounts for parking. Parking is free to AP holders and guests staying on property. Did you check to see if your hotel offers a shuttle? If they don't, just pay for the parking. I know WDW is an expensive vacation, but the parking cost is a very small % of the overall cost of the trip.

Enjoy WDW!

I appreciate the help.

As a quick follow up question. If somehow I'm able to get my hands on a room key from the Dolphin or the Swan...is that all you need to get in past the parking gates?

javaonline said:
I appreciate the help.

As a quick follow up question. If somehow I'm able to get my hands on a room key from the Dolphin or the Swan...is that all you need to get in past the parking gates?

No, that doesn't do it. You get a parking pass, so to speak. It is a piece of paper from your resort with your length of stay and resort name on it. You are to keep this in your car at all times.

There is no way of avoiding this fee, unless you stay on site, or purchase 1 AP for your party. Sorry.

You will be charged for parking at the Swan and Dolphin. As a guest, I pay a nightly rate, but day guests pay an hourly rate. I'm sorry I don't remember the rate.

I just went on Monday.. and I was a little lost. I was supposed to pick up my CP friend and then we were going to go to Epcot.. well I was on the phone with him, trying to figure out where I was going when I ended up in the entrance to Epcot. I told the guy I was trying to find the CP place and he waved me through with directions on how to get "backstage".. I thought it was pretty funny and sorta sucked because I just had to exit and yet again try to find where they LIVE..

But I did get entrance to Epcot without paying.. lol

I may be wrong but I think "CP place" may refer to the apartments (Vista Way, Chatham, Commons) for the college program.

yeah.. sorry. He's a College Program-er.. He lives in Chatham

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter