Parking at the Port

NickyKnack

DIS Veteran
Do they have special parking for concierge at the port?
Do they have any type of valet or anything special of that sort available for fee? What's the best way to do this if money isn't a concern?

Do they have special parking for concierge at the port? Do they have any type of valet or anything special of that sort available for fee? What's the best way to do this if money isn't a concern?

For $15 dollars a day they'll let you park in the garage. For an extra $20 they'll let you park In the preferred lot.

So, a 4 day in the regular cruise would be 60 dollars?
And the same in preferred would be 80?

What's the difference between the two so far as what you get for your money?

For $15 dollars a day they'll let you park in the garage. For an extra $20 they'll let you park In the preferred lot.

So, a 4 day in the regular cruise would be 60 dollars? And the same in preferred would be 80? What's the difference between the two so far as what you get for your money?
Yep. The regular is covered, the preferred isn't. Charges are per day, not per night, so a 4 night cruise is actually 5 days.

The garage is very convenient and has a covered walk way upstairs to a shorter security line (usually).

Ok so what I'm getting from all of this is that they took a set up with less going for it and made it MORE expensive? Why would they do that? Why does anyone pay for that?

Ok so what I'm getting from all of this is that they took a set up with less going for it and made it MORE expensive? Why would they do that? Why does anyone pay for that?

Thats kinda what the dcl fella that cued us up for luggage offloading/checkin when you first arrive in your car had eluded to us when he explained the parking scenarios. I suppose one advantage is you can 'get out of dodge' a few minutes quicker than those that are doing laps around the parking garage to exit the parking facility...and that's all it's taken the few times I've used it.

I like the elevated parking myself...especially during the hurricane season. That lower , expensive lot can't be more than 5 or 6 feet above sea level.

Thank you for the heads up.
I have a tendency to think expensive means better, so you guys just saved me some wasted cash.

Thank goodness for the Disboards!

If you look at a map of the port, the preferred really isn't a lot closer, but it is a little. The cheaper garage though is only across the street, and it has a covered walk connecting it to the terminal. I would probably choose the garage even if the prices were the same.

Geez, I sorta hate to admit this, but I got enticed into the preferred parking lot last time. I walked farther than I had in the past when I parked in the garage! And the car was hot, was baking in the sun the whole cruise and it cost me more. Not doing THAT anymore.

And there was the time for us that in the preferred parking lot the exit attendants didn't show up on time, so the gates were just opened and we were waved out without charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter