• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at resorts

Free parking is not a perk of DVC membership. However, all guests staying at WDW resorts get free parking. So if you staying, you will get it, just not because of DVC itself.

DVC members do get free valet parking (tips are still welcome) at BWV, BCV and VWL. Valet service at other WDW resorts is at normal rates.

Parking at all Theme Parks and at other WDW resorts is free for all WDW resort guests (it's not a DVC perk. as Dean mentioned). Parking at some resorts (Contemp, Poly, GF) may be limited to those with PS for dining.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
Parking at some resorts (Contemp, Poly, GF) may be limited to those with PS for dining.

Or seaching for pins. Doc is right as always but I have to tell one little story. We pulled up to the Polynesian this past Christmas and the guard asked us if we had a PS for a meal. I told him no and he was about to say sorry you can't park here when he saw our pin event sheet lying on the console between my DW and I. (The Polynesian was one of the pin event locations). He and my DW started talking pins and I thought we would never be able to leave. He gave her many pin pointers and to top it off a four hour parking pass. Truly a wonderful CM.

HBC

As a side note ... valet parking is complimentary to any WDW guest with a handicapped parking permit. Don't forget to tip the valets!

Just curious if the valet parking area at the BWV ever gets full so that they have to turn DVC members away? We're headed there in March and my DH has concerns that we'll have to self park because of the crowds?

Thanks Doc, I misread as park parking instead of resort parking.

Originally posted by Daydreamin
Just curious if the valet parking area at the BWV ever gets full so that they have to turn DVC members away? We're headed there in March and my DH has concerns that we'll have to self park because of the crowds?

IMHO, there is no need to worry, especially if you will be staying at the BWV. Even if the lot looks full, the valets will find a place for your car if you are a BWV guest. FWIW, I've not seen or read of the BW valet lot ever getting full. It probably happens only for especially crowded times like NYE.

P.S. If the valet lot is full, you will not find a self parking spot! That fills up way before the valet lot.

Enjoy the trip!

Just to clarify in my head, we are staying at BCV, but we will be going to the Wilderness Lodge for Dinner at Whispering Canyon, as a DVC Member, we can still Valet for free??

I know, stupid question!

Originally posted by jonesmatNY
Just to clarify in my head, we are staying at BCV, but we will be going to the Wilderness Lodge for Dinner at Whispering Canyon, as a DVC Member, we can still Valet for free??

I know, stupid question!

Yes. As a DVC member, you can valet for free at WL (and of course we know you will tip appropriately).

As a DVC member, you can valet for free at WL, BW or BC even if you are staying off site, as long as you have your DVC membership card with you to show the valet.

P.S. Not a stupid question. Isn't such a thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter