Parking at resorts for PS and cruise

eddieras

DIS Veteran
i searched these boards and learned that you can get a 3 hour parking pass at resorts for dinner PS = but what about for dinner followed by a cruise? we have dinner at ohana followed by a wishes cruise - our ps is at 630, cruise is till 1030 - any idea if we can still park at the poly? we're staying at the animak kingdom lodge......

thanks!

You could pay the $6 (I think) for valet parking. There's no time limit when using this service.

Ohhhhh come on now people. Do you think that the ghost of Walt will be ready with a tow truck at 9:30 to ruin your vacation. You are spending hundreds of dollers on a great dinner and cruise I think they will leave your car alone. If your a worry wart tell the Cast Member at the parking booth im sure hell extend your permit. But do you really think disney has the time or money to check cars for permit times....thats just silly.

The DISNEY MORALITY POLICE im sure will chime in with

"PAY FOR VALET or LEAVE A TWENTY UNDER YOUR WIPER FOR THE EXCESS TIME YOUR VEHICLE HAS TAKEN UP THE PRECIOUS AIR SPACE OF GUESTS WHO HAVE PAID TO USE THAT PARKING LOT FAIR AND SQUARE"

but have a little backbone and leave your car there the extra two hours and Ill bet it will be there when you come back.

i'm only renting the car to get to a few dinners and don't really want to pay extra for the valet! cheap i know, but till yesterday i wasn't even planing on a car, now i'm thinking about it to make it easier on the nites of the cruises- i also have one sat nite from the yatch club.

so leaving the car a few 'extra' hours shouldn't be a problem??

safetymom said:
Why not park at the TTC?

can we walk from there? i'm trying to avoid transfers (thus the car idea) with the property transportaton system- especially for after the cruise.

park at the TTC, you'll take a tram to the TTC terminal, then you can walk down to the Poly. It's only a 5-8 minute walk from TTC to Poly.

I'm not the morality police, but I do know that the monorail resorts are the ones who really enforce the 3 hr rule. Have I seen anyone get towed? No. But would I risk getting towed just for the sake of an extra couple hours? No.

It's not that much of an inconveneince to walk from TTC to Poly and to tell you the truth, riding the trams are fun!

eddieras said:
can we walk from there? i'm trying to avoid transfers (thus the car idea) with the property transportaton system- especially for after the cruise.

Yes you can walk from there. Most that attend the Luau park at the TTC and walk over to the Polynesian. There is a Walkway leading from the TTC to the Polynesian and not a long walk at all.

Regardless of whether you will be towed or not, sometimes it just nice to be considerate of others, a situation obviously foreign to some.

At busy times of the year when the resorts are at capacity, Yes they tow and I have personally seen them do this. Not sure when you plan to visit.

As stated you can always valet park.

what about the yatch club- i have the same thing with a cruise sat nite? is that walkable from the ttc?

eddieras said:
what about the yatch club- i have the same thing with a cruise sat nite? is that walkable from the ttc?

No it's not. I would recommend valet parking or park at the Boardwalk and walk over to the Yacht club. Since the Boardwalk is an entertainment area open to all; they have a parking lot for those visiting and not staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter