Parking at Port C procedure

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
The check in time on our documents is 10:30-10:45. If we arrive at 10:30 is the parking garage open at that time? Is it easy using the garage? Can I shoot right for the parking garage at 10:30 and just roll my luggage to the drop off area? As opposed to dropping off the luggage and back tracking, in traffic to the parking garage.

I think I remember hearing the garage doesn't open until 11am?? So then I would have to drop off the luggage and just hang out until 11??

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Chris

The garage is open at Port Canaveral at 10:30. You will pull up to the luggage drop off area before you get to the garage. You then will pay for parking and then pull into the garage.
You will check in first.
image.jpg
Then pull up to the curb and the porters will take your bags.

image.jpg

Then the garage is just after luggage drop off

Last edited:
You should not encounter traffic after you drop off your bags. You would pull up to the curb, drop your bags with a porter and then drive forward 1/8 of mile (approx). and pull into the parking garage. You don't have to circle around the whole complex. Very simple.

MJ

image.jpg Here's a picture that shows the whole area. The entrance is at the far side of the photo. The Cruise Terminal is on the left and the parking garage to the right.

Here's a picture that shows the whole area. The entrance is at the far side of the photo. The Cruise Terminal is on the left and the parking garage to the right.
Here is Weedy's photo with things marked. It's a single direction system. You should not be able to do what you want to do. You of course can skip the porters entirely if you so choose, but why not just toss them $1 a bag and be done with it?

I'm not sure where you get the parking garage open times, but there was a posting not too long ago that offsite shuttles/taxis/limo services would not be able to access the port until 1100. This provides incentive to use the parking garage or the DCL provided transport over those using other options.

Attachments

• image-jpg.111922.jpg
    image-jpg.111922.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 21
The garage is open at Port Canaveral at 10:30. You will pull up to the luggage drop off area before you get to the garage. You then will pay for parking and then pull into the garage.
You will check in first.
View attachment 111914
Then pull up to the curb and the porters will take your bags.

View attachment 111916

Then the garage is just after luggage drop off

Your curb pic does not look like the normal curb drop off area. When was this pic taken? Were you directed to this area? Your pic looked like the curb attached to the terminal itself. The pics below are what the normal drop off area looks like.

DSCF0656 (800x450).jpg
DSCF0657 (800x450).jpg

After u drop off the luggage, I thought the garage is behind u at that point??
The road continues there past the check in area, and then continues to the exit?? I thought I'd have to make some sort of u turn to get back to the parking garage??

I could be wrong cause I've always dropped off and then proceed out to turn in the rental car..

Thanks
Chris

Your curb pic does not look like the normal curb drop off area. When was this pic taken? Were you directed to this area? Your pic looked like the curb attached to the terminal itself. The pics below are what the normal drop off area looks like.

View attachment 112358
View attachment 112359
From what I understand is if you are not parking your car or if you get there before the terminal opens you pull up outside the terminal area (what your photos show). When we cruised this May we were asked if we were parking and they had us pull in font of the terminal to drop off our bags.

After u drop off the luggage, I thought the garage is behind u at that point??
The road continues there past the check in area, and then continues to the exit?? I thought I'd have to make some sort of u turn to get back to the parking garage??

I could be wrong cause I've always dropped off and then proceed out to turn in the rental car..

Thanks
Chris

The entrance to the parking garage is after luggage drop off.

Martin

Last edited:
googleportpic.jpg

Here is a Google image of the Port area. You can enter the parking area from both the front covered area and the area right infront of the terminal (Sorry I don't know how to draw on the photo Quellman can you help?:)). But at the top of the parking area you will see what looks like a dirt road that is where you enter the parking garage from the luggage drop off areas.

Last edited:
From what I understand is if you are not parking your car or if you get there before the terminal opens you pull up outside the terminal area (what your photos show). When we cruised this May we were asked if we were parking and they had us pull in font of the terminal to drop off our bags.

Very interesting...we parked a few times and always was directed to pull up to the curb (my photo) to drop our luggage and then proceed to the garage. Most recently this March.

MJ

We have always gone to the 3rd level to enter the terminal. Is the 1st level a little less crowded?

We have always gone to the 3rd level to enter the terminal. Is the 1st level a little less crowded?

On any given day the line could be shorter or longer at either location. On average, though, downstairs can be long due to the fact that many people do not even know about the 3rd floor entrance to the terminal. You would really only know about it if you were parking in the garage or if a CM directed off the street level line to the 3rd floor line. We have seen this happen a few times (a CM directing people up to 3rd floor line when they tried to get on the street level line).

MJ

Ok that explains a lot. 6 cruises later.... how do you get to the 3rd level. I only have done the first level, that's why I can't figure out the parking issue, cause I see the parking area on the first level as behind where I'm dropping off luggage. Of course, this is no big deal, cause I'll figure it out when I get there. This is the first time I'm parking there and I didn't know about the hidden 3rd level. Hilarious.

Thanks
Chris

Bumping in hopes of finding out information from people who have used a 40% discount voucher for cruise terminal parking. After you pull up and drop off your bags, what is the process if you have this kind of voucher?

Ok that explains a lot. 6 cruises later.... how do you get to the 3rd level. I only have done the first level, that's why I can't figure out the parking issue, cause I see the parking area on the first level as behind where I'm dropping off luggage. Of course, this is no big deal, cause I'll figure it out when I get there. This is the first time I'm parking there and I didn't know about the hidden 3rd level. Hilarious.

Thanks
Chris

The 3rd level entrance is in the parking garage. In some of the pictures previous you can see the "bridge" from the parking garage to the terminal. Last time we parked on the 3rd level very near the entrance (after we dropped our bags at the curb on street level). There is a security check point after you cross over the bridge. We did not see any porters on the 3rd level so don't know if they are around as readily as on the street level curbside.

Here is a pic from the terminal side of the bridge looking back toward the garage:

pedestrian bridge.jpg

I would suggest pulling up to curbside and handing over your checked bags to the porter then driving ahead about 1/8th of a mile (or even less) and make a left into the parking garage and going up to the 3rd level to park. Wait in line for the bridge to open and proceed with your carryons.

In Weedy's pic in post #4 you can see the pedestrian bridge. His shot looks like it is taken from the ship side so that parking lot you see if for employees and/or preferred parking (I think). You can see where to enter the parking garage in the lower right corner of the shot (near where the maroon van is on the roadway).

MJ

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter