Parking at other resorts

disneyterri

Mouseketeer
I am staying at Ft Wilderness Campground and would like to visit Animal Kingdom Lodge to have a look around. Always wanted to see it and have never found the time.

Since we are staying onsite, do they charge to park, or are we better off taking the bus?

I am staying at Ft Wilderness Campground and would like to visit Animal Kingdom Lodge to have a look around. Always wanted to see it and have never found the time.

Since we are staying onsite, do they charge to park, or are we better off taking the bus?

I'd love to know about this as well. We are planning to do dinners at a couple of other resorts, including Coronado Springs and potentially the Swan.

You can park for up to 3 hrs. to visit/dine at the resort. If going for longer, please use the busses.

I presume you will have a car and a parking pass. In that case, it's much better to drive to AKL. There's no charge to park. Tell the gate guard you're just visiting. Lots to see there. Places for viewing animals outside, too. Stop at Mara and have some CS food. It's a beautiful resort, well worth a visit.

You can visit any WDW resort. It's real nice to view the Deluxes at xmas-time.

Thank you all so much. That's what I was hoping to hear.

I know the buses are not the best option (time wise). I would not be staying more than a couple of hours, so no problem there. We will have our own car (Auto Train down). I am making it a point to, at least, see AKL. It just looks so amazing. Less than two weeks left now:cool1:. Can't wait.

I'd love to know about this as well. We are planning to do dinners at a couple of other resorts, including Coronado Springs and potentially the Swan.

To the best of my knowledge, WDW resorts let you park for up to 3 hrs., but the Swan/Dolphin charge for parking. Also WDW resorts sometimes won't let you park unless you have a room or dining reservation, if it is during a high season.

Thank you all so much. That's what I was hoping to hear.

I know the buses are not the best option (time wise). I would not be staying more than a couple of hours, so no problem there. We will have our own car (Auto Train down). I am making it a point to, at least, see AKL. It just looks so amazing. Less than two weeks left now:cool1:. Can't wait.
Wanted to mention that Disney buses don't go from Resort to Resort. If you're coming from FtW, you'd have to bus-it to a park, then take a park bus to the resort you want to visit. Additionally, from FtW you can take a boat to MK, then an MK park bus to the resort you're visiting. You can also get to WL and CR by boat. From CR, you could monorail to Poly or GF or MK, or transfer to the Epcot monorail at the TTC instead of driving or Disney bus.)

I've done the auto train 5 times. The longer you wait to book, the price goes up. I waited too late to book this year, and the price was too high.

If you like AKL, you'll also like Wilderness Lodge. Both resorts have some lobby design similarities, and they'll both take your breath away. Villas of Wilderness Lodge building has a room devoted to Walt Disney's interest in trains, and well-worth a look-see. Wonder if you knew that Ft Wilderness used to have steam train service on a loop.

I do know about the old train. I'm hoping to spot some of the left-over tracks that weren't removed (if they're still there). I've been over to the WL, gorgeous, but never the Villas. I'm thinking about taking the trail over there one day. Need to check out those Villas, sounds awesome. We'll be there for 11 nights with an 8-day ticket. Not spending all day everyday at parks. Need downtime/resort time.

I do know about the old train. I'm hoping to spot some of the left-over tracks that weren't removed (if they're still there). I've been over to the WL, gorgeous, but never the Villas. I'm thinking about taking the trail over there one day. Need to check out those Villas, sounds awesome. We'll be there for 11 nights with an 8-day ticket. Not spending all day everyday at parks. Need downtime/resort time.

There are a lot of old tracks around still:) I just posted a picture yesterday of some on the camping board. They were right behind our site between the 800&700 loops. Have a great trip!

I seen someone posted about a "parking pass" to get 3 hours of free parking at resorts (and I assume theme parks for the day) to look around or have a meal if staying onsite. Could someone please elaborate on what the pass looks like, where and how do you get them? Is it from bell service, front desk? Do you have to apply for them before hand? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

officially unless you have a reservation at a restaurant at the resort you can be denied permission to park there unless you pay for valet. the parking at each resort is specifically for guests staying at that resort. with TS reservations you can park for up to 3 hours.

your experience will be based on occupancy, the alignment of Jupiter and Venus and the whim of the guy at the entrance. while it is fairly likely you will not have any problems, it is always a possibility that you will be told you cannot park.

I seen someone posted about a "parking pass" to get 3 hours of free parking at resorts (and I assume theme parks for the day) to look around or have a meal if staying onsite. Could someone please elaborate on what the pass looks like, where and how do you get them? Is it from bell service, front desk? Do you have to apply for them before hand? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

You'll get a pass for your resort and the parks when you check in.

The resorts you're visiting will give one to you at the guard station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter