Parking at DVC home resort without reservation?

skateshome

Mouseketeer
Possible short trip in Nov. and will be staying cheap at All Star Music.
Our home resort which we are about to finalize is BLT.
Anyway to park at BLT even though I don't have a reservation.
Pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to throw it out their to see what others
experience has been with this.

Thanks!

If not a guest of the resort, you can self park there (subject to space available) for up to 3 hours to dine and/or shop. You can pay the daily valet parking fee if you want to park there for theme park access.

Possible short trip in Nov. and will be staying cheap at All Star Music.
Our home resort which we are about to finalize is BLT.
Anyway to park at BLT even though I don't have a reservation.
Pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to throw it out their to see what others
experience has been with this.

Thanks!

Other than making reservations at 11 months, there are really no home resort rights.

if thanksgiving week or if MVMCP is happening - you will be turned away - so don't even try it for these.

the only times you can even park there if you have a reservation at one of their restaurants - although last time I went they were allowing outside guest without a reservation - so it might depend upon how busy the resort is at the time. was not even staying at WDW.

Ok how about this question then in the same vein- I am staying a night at VGF, and then the next night at BLT (at least if my VGF waitlist doesn't come through that's the plan). I was thinking of leaving the car in the VGF parking lot overnight while I'm at BLT and coming back to get it after checking out of BLT. I can't imagine that they would even notice, unless they're really going around every single night checking plate numbers against reservations and towing. Plus I'm freeing up a spot at BLT for someone as well, since the parking is tight over there. If it was a week, it would be different, but I can't imagine they would even notice the car was there for an extra 12 hours or whatever through the night. Any thoughts on this plan?

Ok how about this question then in the same vein- I am staying a night at VGF, and then the next night at BLT (at least if my VGF waitlist doesn't come through that's the plan). I was thinking of leaving the car in the VGF parking lot overnight while I'm at BLT and coming back to get it after checking out of BLT. I can't imagine that they would even notice, unless they're really going around every single night checking plate numbers against reservations and towing. Plus I'm freeing up a spot at BLT for someone as well, since the parking is tight over there. If it was a week, it would be different, but I can't imagine they would even notice the car was there for an extra 12 hours or whatever through the night. Any thoughts on this plan?
How are you planning on getting luggage from VGF to BLT and back to VGF if the wait list does not come through? Luggage is not allowed on Disney transporation (except for DME & DCL buses).

The only time that we have seen security checking cars in the parking lot was at BLT.

:earsboy: Bill

Other than making reservations at 11 months, there are really no home resort rights.
Well, and the fact that you pay maintenance fees based on home resort.

You'll have a parking permit on your dashboard that lists your check-out date. I don't know how strict they are about towing at VGF, but there will be clear evidence that you're care is not supposed to be there.

You'll have a parking permit on your dashboard that lists your check-out date. I don't know how strict they are about towing at VGF, but there will be clear evidence that you're care is not supposed to be there.
Paper parking passes are not longer used.

How are you planning on getting luggage from VGF to BLT and back to VGF if the wait list does not come through? Luggage is not allowed on Disney transporation (except for DME & DCL buses).

Well I was planning on dropping off the luggage with bell services to let them transport the bag (I'll probably have just one bag, but we'll see) over to BLT, and then dropping it off again the next morning to ask them to transport it back to GF. Which actually brings up another question, do VGF and BLT have their own bell services, or do you take the bags to the bell services in the lobbies of the GF and Contemporary?

Last edited:
Well I was planning on dropping off the luggage with bell services to let them transport the bag (I'll probably have just one bag, but we'll see) over to BLT, and then dropping it off again the next morning to ask them to transport it back to GF. Which actually brings up another question, do VGF and BLT have their own bell services, or do you take the bags to the bell services in the lobbies of the GF and Contemporary?
Bell services will come to your room at either resort. I know BLT will have bellmen in the lobby during peak hours, but not all the time.

At busy times the guard house at BLT /CR actually has a list of all dining reservations, to check...no name, no admittance.

I know this isn't really the topic of the thread but until somebody at Disney figures out a practical way to do away with parking passes and still be able to effectively police lots like BLT, parking passes aren't going anywhere. It was a great thought... until somebody had to implement it in the real world.

I know this isn't really the topic of the thread but until somebody at Disney figures out a practical way to do away with parking passes and still be able to effectively police lots like BLT, parking passes aren't going anywhere. It was a great thought... until somebody had to implement it in the real world.

I can imagine it was kind of a duh?, smack the head moment when they realized that unless all cars were tagged with a MB they could no longer tell who belonged and who might not. :cool:

Well I was planning on dropping off the luggage with bell services to let them transport the bag (I'll probably have just one bag, but we'll see) over to BLT, and then dropping it off again the next morning to ask them to transport it back to GF.
Bell services only transfers luggage once per day (around 2 pm), so your luggage will not be available at the next resort until 4 pm or later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter