• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at Boardwalk

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I don't like the few away parking for Boardwalk, esp since we are here during a cold snap. Nothing like jogging back from the car after dinner. It is especially annoying since it is clear that resort is not at capacity

I don't like the few away parking for Boardwalk, esp since we are here during a cold snap. Nothing like jogging back from the car after dinner. It is especially annoying since it is clear that resort is not at capacity

are you staying at the BWV? (other posts indicate that you were, but the bolded sounds like you might not be any longer) if you're not: the close lots are for BWV/BWI resort guests, so they don't have to walk so far to the room they paid for (with points/cash). you can take a friendship from EPCOT/DHS to the BW, or a bus from other parks (buses drop/p/u at a covered walkway).

if you are staying at the resort: park at the lot on the right, a space nearest the convention ctr, and take the forementioned walkway....or park in the left lot and you can enter at the left leg of the BWV (stairwell nearby).
or you can drop your family/friends in the "loop" (it is for taxis, so just let them out quickly), and you can park the car in the resort guest lot.

valet is also available.
btw, just because the lot doesn't look full, does not mean the resort is not at or near capacity - people that stay there (including us) often drive to DTD, eat off-site, shop, etc. - the DVC resort system is designed to operate at full capacity.
personally, i'm glad they have gotten diligent about disallowing non-resort guests to park in the resort guest lots: it was very irritating to be spending so many dollars/points (which help pay for maint on those lots) and having to hunt for a spot - loooooooove that they do patrol the lots now too :thumbsup2 we haven't had problems finding close parking since.

enjoy your vaca! :)

There have been posts recently that the lot in front of the convention center has been reserved for convention users, not resort guests.

There have been posts recently that the lot in front of the convention center has been reserved for convention users, not resort guests.

It's been that way the last couple of times we've stayed there. We've end up using the Valet at BWV since we don't have the pay the daily rate with our handicap tag.

Not sure what sort of patterns they are following these days.

When we stayed at BWV in mid-December, the convention ctr lot was open to all resort guests. Other times in '12 we've had to park behind the valet lot. :confused3

Perhaps they are only restricting when there is a large convention group at the resort.

Personally I don't find the secondary lot to be significantly less convenient. It's closer to the villa wing so stairwells can be used to reach many rooms. Can be a pain if you need to walk to the main entrance for some reason (elevator access, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter