• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

parking at aulani

atd8011

Earning My Ears
heading out next week for 6 nights and will have a rental car. not a dvc member. does anyone have any experience with any flexibility from aulani on the $35/day parking fee?

heading out next week for 6 nights and will have a rental car. not a dvc member. does anyone have any experience with any flexibility from aulani on the $35/day parking fee?
The fee is $37.00 per day. There is no flexibility. It's an automated system with no attendants. You pay at a machine before you exit the garage.

They do validate if you spend money on site:
"Enjoy complimentary self-parking or valet parking at Aulani for up to 4 hours when you spend $35* or more at the following venues:

To have your parking validated, please bring your parking ticket and purchase receipt to 'AMA'AMA, Makahiki or Laniwai – A Disney Spa."

Maybe this could apply to a full day's parking? Not sure, but may be worth a try.

We are DVC members but will not be using points but paying out of pocket. Will we still be able to get free parking?

We are DVC members but will not be using points but paying out of pocket. Will we still be able to get free parking?
Technically no. You need to be staying on points. From the Aulani Web site (https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/about-aulani/parking-transportation/):

Parking
Self parking and valet services are available at Aulani. Below, find details about parking rates and policies:

Parking for Overnight Guests
There's so much to do at and around Aulani that you may not need a car! For overnight Guests who wish to park, self parking is $37* per day, or for the same price, enjoy convenient valet parking service. Rates are subject to change.

Parking for Disney Vacation Club Members
Disney Vacation Club Members staying on a points reservation can enjoy convenient self-parking at no daily charge for up to 2 vehicles.

Is there free valet parking for those with handicap placards, like there is at Disney? We will have 3 cars for 2 DVC rooms (both rented on points) and are trying to figure out if someone is going to need to pay for parking. 2 out of the 3 cars will have handicap placards.

I am giving my sister points for a trip to Aulani .Will they be able to get free parking as they are not the members but staying on points?
Thanks

I am giving my sister points for a trip to Aulani .Will they be able to get free parking as they are not the members but staying on points?
Thanks

This has been the case in the past, as long as it's points whether owned or rented the parking was free. I haven't heard of any changes as the parking is associated to the room key. The only time I remember having to show my DVC card for anything was when I asked for laundry tokens and for discounts.

Is there free valet parking for those with handicap placards, like there is at Disney? We will have 3 cars for 2 DVC rooms (both rented on points) and are trying to figure out if someone is going to need to pay for parking. 2 out of the 3 cars will have handicap placards.

I've not ever heard of free parking/free valet for handicap placards however if you have 2 villas you should be fine with 3 cars as long as when you swipe all three cars aren't swiped with a key from one villa. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it's 2 cars per villa.

Thats correct 2 cars per villa. And you can drop off passengers at the front door and take the car around to the parking garage as the driveway does a loop.

I've not ever heard of free parking/free valet for handicap placards however if you have 2 villas you should be fine with 3 cars as long as when you swipe all three cars aren't swiped with a key from one villa. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it's 2 cars per villa.
Thanks. I was thinking it would be 2 cars total (since the DVC points are all coming from one couple), but if it is 2 cars per room, we should be just fine.

Thanks. I was thinking it would be 2 cars total (since the DVC points are all coming from one couple), but if it is 2 cars per room, we should be just fine.

Yeah it makes sense.... considering say you had 2 2br or you were lucky enough to have points for 2 gv's that were each maxed at capacity you'd need more than 2 cars total.

Have an absolutely wonderful trip!

I'm glad to hear the parking is still free for DVC. $37 a day is a lot. It seems like that price could be reduced.

I'm glad to hear the parking is still free for DVC. $37 a day is a lot. It seems like that price could be reduced.
Sure the price could be reduced. It could be free, too. But, alas, Disney chooses to charge exorbitant rates and make lots of money from parking fees.

There are not many hotels in Hawaii with free parking. Do some research and you will see that this is a comparable price.

After you check in, if you feel like it would be easier for you to have a car in valet (ie it's closer to the room, and someone has a hard time walking.) just see the valet desk and ask for some help. Let them know about your situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter