Parking a Scooter in an All Star Sports Room

Melora

Disney Dreaming
Has anyone stayed at the AS sports and parked a rental scooter in the room?
We've got a basic one from Gold Mobility.
When we were at All Star Music last year and the scooter fit pretty nicely behind the door but we had a family suite.
Not a lot we can do if it's going to be impossibly tight but just wondering what anyone's experience has been.

Lots of folks stay at any of the All Star regular rooms with a scooter. When the bed is stowed, there is plenty of space to enter and move around. With the bed down it will be tight. The best locations to park the scooter are near the window or at the spot where a connecting door may (or may not) be.

If you’re using both beds, I do recommend bringing in the ECV while the Murphy bed is up and out of the way and the chairs under the table. Get the ECV situated, and then put the Murphy bed down. The clearance at the foot of the Murphy is a little narrower than at the foot of the regular bed, so if you are parking where the connecting door space is, you wouldn’t be able to get through otherwise. However, even if you are parking by the window, having the Murphy bed up gives you more space to maneuver and park the ECV.

If you want the experiences of someone who's actually done it, you might want to post on the disabilities board. I'm pretty sure there are a few people over there who've done it. Although it does sound like the PP above has personal experience.

Has anyone stayed at the AS sports and parked a rental scooter in the room?
We've got a basic one from Gold Mobility.
When we were at All Star Music last year and the scooter fit pretty nicely behind the door but we had a family suite.
Not a lot we can do if it's going to be impossibly tight but just wondering what anyone's experience has been.
My mom did with no issue.

Thanks for the info everyone.
I guess we can put up the Murphy bed each day to make getting in and out easier.
In the family suite at AS Music there was enough room to drive it in and park it with the bed down but it was tight.
I'll check over at the disabilities board as well!

Thanks for the info everyone.
I guess we can put up the Murphy bed each day to make getting in and out easier.
In the family suite at AS Music there was enough room to drive it in and park it with the bed down but it was tight.
I'll check over at the disabilities board as well!
My mom was able to park her s oorer rental from Golds in ASSp with both beds down...it was right, but is doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter