Park Wait Time Apps

eagvent99

Earning My Ears
There are official and unofficial apps out there for displaying ride/event wait times. Which ones have you used and found to be accurate? Thanks.

eagvent99 said:
There are official and unofficial apps out there for displaying ride/event wait times. Which ones have you used and found to be accurate? Thanks.

Disney Mobile Magic and My Disney Experience. MDE was fairly accurate this past weekend. DMM has been spot on every time for me also.

Someone will be along shortly to swear by Lines, but I've never used it.

I'll be the one to swear by Lines. Yes, there is a cost involved but if you want the best it's the way to go.

My Disney Experience is a good free app, but you can't beat the Touring Plans Lines app- it has posted wait times and actual wait times, posted by actual subscribers in the parks. It also let's you know if a ride is in temporary shut down. Plus you get the crowd level numbers. Love it!

I used the My Disney Experience last week when I was there and it was pretty darn accurate and it is free. It also let me know when rides were unavailable. Splash Mountain seemed to be down most of the week last week. Plus you can check for dining reservations if needed and has all the maps. It will also sort items by what is closest to you if you want. Also it is FREE.

Used MDE for 8 days two weeks ago and it was spot on the entire tine. DMM was also accurate. The choice may be determined by when you are going. Disney has said that MDE will fully replace DMM in 2013 though not specifically when. Apparently MDE will have next gen capabilities that DMM won't though again we have to await details.

Thanks! For some reason I thought at least one of them belonged just to GTE. Excited to try them out in a few days.

I'm a fan of touring plans lines as well. We are here now and it has been fairly accurate. I always post times to it when we are here. Returning the favor to all those who do it for me! Thanks!

I love Lines for the nerdiness. I like the option of making your own custom plan, and then being able to check off attractions and have it update the absolute best way to do your remaining attractions based on real-time info. I love having it on my phone...I'm home in cold Ohio, but sometimes to pass the time I check to see how long I'd have to wait if I wanted to ride TSM right now!

I used to like the Disney app too, only for dining reservations. I didn't find its wait time estimates to be as accurate as Lines, but I loved being able to click and button and find restaurants near me with availability, and make the ADR with one more click. I make ADRs in advance, but as we all know, life and lines can get in the way. The Disney app made it a breeze to adapt on the fly. But I have to say I used to like it -- I got a new phone, and the Disney app is not compatible. Same carrier as I had previously, so I assumed it'd work, but apparently not.

I also love the transportation wiz -- click on where in the world you are, and where you want to go, and it tells you all the Disney transportation options, and estimated travel time for each. It's from My Laughing Place, T-Wiz.

Plus you can check for dining reservations if needed and has all the maps. It will also sort items by what is closest to you if you want. Also it is FREE.

I am frustrated that I can't find an app that allows me to put in my dining reservation confirmation numbers - I totally feel that this one should just pull up all my info from my confirmation number and have all that one there - I guess I am living in fantasy world on that. So when you say you can check on it - do you mean you can just see what's around you and if you can get in?

I am frustrated that I can't find an app that allows me to put in my dining reservation confirmation numbers - I totally feel that this one should just pull up all my info from my confirmation number and have all that one there - I guess I am living in fantasy world on that. So when you say you can check on it - do you mean you can just see what's around you and if you can get in?

I never attempted to use it to manage existing reservations...I didn't dream that big, given how lousy Disney's web site is for that purpose! (Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I constantly find Disney's site unable to find my reservations, even only a few pages clicks after I was just looking at them -- I seem to enter confirmation numbers at least twice per site visit)

What I used it for was when plans changed, so I found myself without an ADR that worked for where we were. I liked that you could type in that you wanted a table for five around 6, and you were at MK, and see what your options were. And if one of those options was good, you could click on it to book it. Very easy. When my new phone wouldn't support it, I bookmarked Disney's website, but it wasn't as easy to adjust reservations as it had been with Mobile Magic.

I never attempted to use it to manage existing reservations...I didn't dream that big, given how lousy Disney's web site is for that purpose! (Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I constantly find Disney's site unable to find my reservations, even only a few pages clicks after I was just looking at them -- I seem to enter confirmation numbers at least twice per site visit)

Well, if you're doing something wrong you're not the only one--the Disney site drives me nuts with those reservations. :rolleyes2

Even though the MDE app doesn't let you input your own reservations (and why not, really, considering that you can log in with your Disney site id), if you've got a smart phone, then you probably also have access to email. I am keeping a separate email folder with all of our dining reservation confirmation emails, just in case I need to find a number or other information quickly during our trip.

I used DMM for two days last week and found the wait time spot on. The only difference from the app and what was posted in the parks was for Space Mountain, but it was only a minute off so I don’t really count it.

Touring Plans does if I remember correctly. I just put them right into my touring plan for the day and while I haven't used it in the park I would assume it would go onto the mobile app as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter