Park Vue vs Best Western?

vault19dweller

Mouseketeer
Yet another hotel thread :crazy2:

I'm just after some advise for close offsite hotels close to the park entrance.

I was choosing between Best Western Park Place & Park Vue Inn - due to the proximity, and both seemed to have pretty similar reviews.

We're 2 adults, no children, no car, not interested in pools; just after a place we can sleep, have breakky and walk across the road to the parks for :)

Firstly queries are about time-frames:
  • When do you find to be the best time to book your hotel? (say, is 6 months out too early?)

• How can you find deals for them when you're overseas (ie: AAA and such wont work for us)? Or do they tend not to have deals, because of their already good rates compared to on-site hotels?

• If a deal did come out on Expedia or something closer to the trip - do people tend to book that expedia one to confirm it, then cancel the one you had with the hotel? Would this cause any problems?
Second query was about budget:
  • I was thinking Park Vue, because I've read a lot of threads here on DisBoards and just had a gut feeling that if they're around the same cost, that would be better, but now I'm really not sure - because of below dot point:

• Is Park Vue worth $60 extra a night for? Compared to Best Western Park Place?
    This would add up to between $400 and $600 to our budget, depending on our duration (which I'm still trying to finalize)

I haven't stayed at either yet (staying at BWPPI in December) so can't comment on which might be better value. I booked nearly 8 months out but only because I knew with Christmas and the 60th anniversary happening it could book up quickly. If you have RACV (or equivalent) check the back of your card, you can use it for AAA discounts.
For some of our hotels I have found them cheaper through Qantas and Expedia and booked them through there, no problems cancelling the bookings made directly with the hotels, I've done this on previous holidays as well and never had an issue.

Just a note...PVI cannot be booked by a 3rd party site...only through their own website. Book eRly and check the rates often. If the rate goes down (which I find it often does). PVI will change the reservation to the cheaper rate if asked.
I haven't stayed at BWPPI, but PVI is a go to spot for us.

We've stayed at both many times and will continue to do so. I give PVI a slight nod because of a slightly better free breakfast and the pool is generally warmer and for some odd reason, has fewer people in it.
But you can't go wrong with either place.

I've never stayed at the PVI, but I have stayed at the BWPPI and several other hotels on that block of Harbor. I honestly can't imagine paying $60 a night more for any of the hotels on that block except the Fairfield. The others all seem to be pretty comparable in terms of room size, comfort, etc. I think a better breakfast might be worth $10 or $20 a night, but not $60 a night. That's a lot of souvenirs and dining in the park for a place where you're only going to sleep and shower.

Doubt seriously that PVI is worth $60 a night more! Stayed at BBPPI a few times and it was good.....not the DLR Hotels, but def. fine! No issues.

We had a recent stay at pvi, it was ok but for our family I prefer the carrousel inn. Pvi has hot breakfast not just pastries and fruit. My husband enjoyed the breakfast but the kids and I could take it or leave it. We had a room that was recently remodeled but we had to keep our shoes on the entire time we were in the room or our sock/feet became very dirty. Carrousel inn has club rooms with hardwood floors, no carpet and that's why I prefer ci over pvi even though pvi is closer to the crosswalk.

If you have RACV (or equivalent) check the back of your card, you can use it for AAA discounts.
Oh my gosh, you have no idea how thankful I am right now - I've been back and forth to USA like 10 times, and never knew this!!!! So much praise for you right now, also created a post in the Australia forums to get more info about using Aussie automotive memberships for AAA, because, I seriously did not know that before! Thank you so so so so so much!!!!

For some of our hotels I have found them cheaper through Qantas and Expedia and booked them through there, no problems cancelling the bookings made directly with the hotels, I've done this on previous holidays as well and never had an issue.
Awesome, that's good to know! Thank you! I'll check all the sites and find the best ones. Thanks also for letting me know about cancelling ones direct with hotels. Guess its better to get something set aside rather than miss out! :)

Just a note...PVI cannot be booked by a 3rd party site...only through their own website. Book eRly and check the rates often. If the rate goes down (which I find it often does). PVI will change the reservation to the cheaper rate if asked. I haven't stayed at BWPPI, but PVI is a go to spot for us.
Cool, thanks heaps! I didn't know that about only allowing PVI through their own site, so will just book through them and do like you said - keep checking rates and request change to reservation when it drops :) Is awesome they do that!

We've stayed at both many times and will continue to do so. I give PVI a slight nod because of a slightly better free breakfast and the pool is generally warmer and for some odd reason, has fewer people in it.
But you can't go wrong with either place.
I was thinking the free breakfast did sound a bit better, but just not sure because of the current price difference, will keep an eye if their rates drop :D
Is really great to know cant go wrong with either. Thats put my mind at ease a lot!

I've never stayed at the PVI, but I have stayed at the BWPPI and several other hotels on that block of Harbor. I honestly can't imagine paying $60 a night more for any of the hotels on that block except the Fairfield. The others all seem to be pretty comparable in terms of room size, comfort, etc. I think a better breakfast might be worth $10 or $20 a night, but not $60 a night. That's a lot of souvenirs and dining in the park for a place where you're only going to sleep and shower.
Yeah, that's what I wasn't sure about becasue I've never been at any of the hotels on that block of the harbor so really wasnt sure. Guess BWPPI is currently winning by the bigger nightly savings (totally get would rather spend that on souvenirs) - will keep an eye on both and see how the rates go, if they drop more or something. :) Thanks for that info! Is good hearing from people who have been to that area ^_^

Doubt seriously that PVI is worth $60 a night more! Stayed at BBPPI a few times and it was good.....not the DLR Hotels, but def. fine! No issues.
Yeah, I was starting to feel that way a little. Like if it was $5 ot $10 difference meh, but $60 just seemed like too much of a difference :D

We had a recent stay at pvi, it was ok but for our family I prefer the carrousel inn. Pvi has hot breakfast not just pastries and fruit. My husband enjoyed the breakfast but the kids and I could take it or leave it. We had a room that was recently remodeled but we had to keep our shoes on the entire time we were in the room or our sock/feet became very dirty. Carrousel inn has club rooms with hardwood floors, no carpet and that's why I prefer ci over pvi even though pvi is closer to the crosswalk.
Thank you, I was after people who might know the area so getting your feedback about PVI has helped a lot! We probably wont be in the hotel a ton, so not super fussed, just after something mid-range that is close *laughs*

Call PVI to get their best rate. Unlike most motels, their best rate is calling, not online. They've knocked quite a bit of $$ off my stay when I've called.

I'd stay at the cheaper one! For $60 you can buy a VERY nice breakfast inside of the parks versus eating at the free breakfast at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter