Park Vue Inn VS Hotel Menage?!? HELP!

Mama-to-Elle

Mouseketeer
Hello,

My family and I are headed to our FIRST EVER Disney trip, next month in July (cutting it close I know...) :eek:

Would you choose Park Vue Inn or Hotel Menage?

We are 2 adults, 6 year old and 1 year old, we are driving, so will have our car.

Both are PRETTY similar in price, we just can't decide what is gonna be the best bet for us, I know neither are fancy, but thats okay!

Please Help, I'm so excited, I"m not thinking correctly! :banana::cool1::woohoo:

The one major difference is the Park Vue is right accross the street, so you would not need to drive to park at the resort. Motel Menage isn't considered walking distance per se, but you could definitely walk to and from.
Regardless of where you stay...check for bed bugs.

Park Vue would be our family's choice--can't beat the location! That being said, do you already have reservations at both places? I know Park Vue has been filled to capacity for our July dates for several weeks now....

I heartily recommend Park Vue Inn. It's one of the hotels that is a super easy walk into the park. It's actually easier than paying to park at the Disney lots, I believe.

I'd not heard of Hotel Menage, so I looked it up. It's physically pretty close, but you'd have to walk about 3/4 mile to get to the crosswalk into the park.

Park Vue is AT the crosswalk. Take a look at the Google Maps satellite image. Park Vue is next door to IHOP, which is exactly at the crosswalk.

That said, if you plan to spend a lot of time in the pool and IF the Menage has a better one (Google Maps Satellite can help with this too) then there might be a decision to make.

But if not, there really isn't a decision... Park Vue is good (at least it was when I stayed there in 2001), simply cannot get any closer without sitting on top of IHOP, provides a continental breakfast, free wifi, fridge, microwave.

HAVE FUN!!!!

If I remember correctly hotel Ménage is on the other side of the freeway. So you'd have to cross over the on/off ramps to walk to the parks.

I could be thinking of another hotel, but I'm pretty sure it was the ménage.

Yes, the Menage is on the other side, and the park vue has a few openings, when I called this morning. :)

Just say NO to hotel menage! We have stayed there 2 times. Once with no kids and once with kids....if you have kids at all I would not just say no I would say hell no!

When we where just the two of us it was ok but with children the loud music that seems to continue all night and all the drinking and smoking and partying its just crazy to handle with kids. We might have had a bad experience but we had to be moved three times because of all the noise and partying. The first time we where moved the people had what looked like a keg and they where smoking right in the room and the hall and had like 20 people in the room......all I can say is skip this hotel. I have never stayed at the other hotel but I am sure it would be a better choice for someone with children.

Also as others have posted its not fun to have to start your morning almost being run over when crossing the freeway off ramp....

UH OH! We ended up going with Hotel Menage, the AAA and Costco travel reps highly recommended it... I will just have to hope we don't get partiers, but our kids are awesome sleepers anyhow, so oh well.. LOL!

We got free parking at DL and a 5th day in the park free, so we are pretty darn happy right now, I also feel like we got a great deal on the hotel, although I'm not too proud to say that it really could be my sheer level of excitement, that is blurring any negatives, HAHAH! DISNEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY in 30 days! EEEEEEK!

Ive stayed at the Menage and we had a great time! We loved the restaurant (although it has changed so im not sure now) and we also like the vibe. We also walked every day to and from the park without a problem. But i think theres also an ART stop nearby. I think youll have a great time!

UH OH! We ended up going with Hotel Menage, the AAA and Costco travel reps highly recommended it... I will just have to hope we don't get partiers, but our kids are awesome sleepers anyhow, so oh well.. LOL!

We got free parking at DL and a 5th day in the park free, so we are pretty darn happy right now, I also feel like we got a great deal on the hotel, although I'm not too proud to say that it really could be my sheer level of excitement, that is blurring any negatives, HAHAH! DISNEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY in 30 days! EEEEEEK!

Re-think this...seriously. We got back from a quick trip a month ago during "low" season and it took us 70(!!) minutes to get to the gates from the time we pulled into the queue for the parking garages. Just waiting for the tram alone for our afternoon break took 20 minutes. Such a brutal waste of time...take ART if at all possible.

Hmm, that's a long time, we're not opposed to ART. Do we just pay each trip with ART? or is there a multi use pass?

Re-think this...seriously. We got back from a quick trip a month ago during "low" season and it took us 70(!!) minutes to get to the gates from the time we pulled into the queue for the parking garages. Just waiting for the tram alone for our afternoon break took 20 minutes. Such a brutal waste of time...take ART if at all possible.

I didn't want to rain on your parade but since the door is open, I agree with this. If it's possible to change your reservation to PVI, I absolutely would. If you can't, I don't know that ART is best (haven't used it) but prepare yourself that driving to the parks and parking is going to get old. And afternoon breaks become much more of a hassle.

I didn't want to rain on your parade but since the door is open, I agree with this. If it's possible to change your reservation to PVI, I absolutely would. If you can't, I don't know that ART is best (haven't used it) but prepare yourself that driving to the parks and parking is going to get old. And afternoon breaks become much more of a hassle.

Nah, its okay! We are well prepared to deal with noise, and those types of issues, realistically, this vacation is a dream come true and likely not going to be a frequent for us, so the little things, wont be deal breakers or big bummers. :)

We have never been to Disney, so have ZERO expectations, if we miss a ride, don't get a FP, etc-- we will be okay! :)

Hotel Menage has GREAT reviews on trip-advisor, and the real life photos look excellent, so I have a feeling we will be happy, it doesn't take much to satisfy us just to sleep, un-wind and watch some TV at night..

We're also so excited to let our daughter (6) take a midnight swim.. She will be in 7th heaven, .. :cool1:

We're so excited.. pixiedust::drive::love:

Nah, its okay! We are well prepared to deal with noise, and those types of issues, realistically, this vacation is a dream come true and likely not going to be a frequent for us, so the little things, wont be deal breakers or big bummers. :)

We have never been to Disney, so have ZERO expectations, if we miss a ride, don't get a FP, etc-- we will be okay! :)

Hotel Menage has GREAT reviews on trip-advisor, and the real life photos look excellent, so I have a feeling we will be happy, it doesn't take much to satisfy us just to sleep, un-wind and watch some TV at night..

We're also so excited to let our daughter (6) take a midnight swim.. She will be in 7th heaven, .. :cool1:

We're so excited.. pixiedust::drive::love:

You know, I'm really beginning to move over into the "serendipity" camp myself after having over-planned so many trips and felt somehow "bad" about failing to execute. Our Best.Day.Ever. was our first trip to DL years ago when DS was 7. We knew nothing...just walked up to the gates at 10:00 o'clock, bought tickets and went in. We missed 80% of the park (only had that single day there) but I still smile just thinking about it. Far and away more "magical" pixiedust: than any of the "proper" trips we've taken since. (And don't get me started on comparing our first cruise to our last one for excitement :woohoo: and delight :cloud9:)

Just GO...stop planning and start packing...blessings to you and your family!!

Menage is my "go to" hotel when I can't get GC or DLH on my friends Silver Pass discount. It's fab, re-furbished with a grotto pool, firework viewing pool side, tiki bar and secure parking. Great price with an AP discount. It is also dog friendly. In fact, I will be there on Friday!

Menage is my "go to" hotel when I can't get GC or DLH on my friends Silver Pass discount. It's fab, re-furbished with a grotto pool, firework viewing pool side, tiki bar and secure parking. Great price with an AP discount. It is also dog friendly. In fact, I will be there on Friday!

GREAT to hear, thank you!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter