Park Tours for short trip

MINNIE OF TWO MICE

WE LOVE EARNING OUR EARS
We are going Disney from October 17th through the 21st. We only have full days for the 18th through the 20th. It is for my daughters 21st birthday.

I have noticed earlier closing times than what I remembered. I thought about taking advantage of this and doing the nightime Safari Tour at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Has anyone done this before?

I also thought about the segway tour for the morning we have to leave. I believe it is by the Wilderness lodge. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has done this as well. My only worry is that they stick to the schedule in order for me to be to the airport by 11:30.

My last thought was maybe doing one of the Magic Kingdom tours in the morning time. I don't want one so in depth that it spoils the magical feeling I still get when we get to go but would like to take a peek at the utildors and a few other interesting things. Are any of the tours worth the first half of the day on such a short trip?

What tours have you all been on and your opinions of them?

I have done the Ultimate thrills VIP tour and it was amazing I want to do sone other but I have not yet

To see the utilidoors you will need to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Marceline to magic is a great tour so look into that, it's shorter then KTTK tour. I've done the Segway wilderness tour as well and that is a bunch of fun but it won't work for your last day. It starts at 8:30am and runs a full 2 hours. You won't make it to the airport on time or will be cutting it very close. I've also done the train tour and future world Epcot tour both are fun as well.

We are going Disney from October 17th through the 21st. We only have full days for the 18th through the 20th. It is for my daughters 21st birthday.

I have noticed earlier closing times than what I remembered. I thought about taking advantage of this and doing the nightime Safari Tour at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Has anyone done this before?

I also thought about the segway tour for the morning we have to leave. I believe it is by the Wilderness lodge. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has done this as well. My only worry is that they stick to the schedule in order for me to be to the airport by 11:30.

My last thought was maybe doing one of the Magic Kingdom tours in the morning time. I don't want one so in depth that it spoils the magical feeling I still get when we get to go but would like to take a peek at the utildors and a few other interesting things. Are any of the tours worth the first half of the day on such a short trip?

What tours have you all been on and your opinions of them?
Love the Wanyama Safari at AKL, we did it a few years ago. You're staying there, right? Let me know if you want me to message you my TR chapter from that tour. It was a ton of fun, really up-close view of the animals and a fantastic dinner.

If you're worried that a tour is going to cut into your theme park/ride time, I'd skip a tour this trip, unless you can do it outside of park hours. Maybe take that money and invest in MNSSHP to maximize your MK time.

To see the utilidoors you will need to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Marceline to magic is a great tour so look into that, it's shorter then KTTK tour. I've done the Segway wilderness tour as well and that is a bunch of fun but it won't work for your last day. It starts at 8:30am and runs a full 2 hours. You won't make it to the airport on time or will be cutting it very close. I've also done the train tour and future world Epcot tour both are fun as well.

Thank you! I am so torn. I am going to end up having to make my daughter choose on the MK tour. I wanted to do the Segway tour because DD and I did one in Los Angeles back in the summer and its something I believe my DH would enjoy. I dont know if he would be willing to give up park time for it though. So I know I can "Nix" that one all together.

Thank you for all of the information. I am having a hard time finding good descriptions of the tours. When I called reservations the operator didn't have any more information than basically reading it off the screen.

I have done the Ultimate thrills VIP tour and it was amazing I want to do sone other but I have not yet

This sounds like the way to go but its cost is pretty steep. We have done the VIP tours at Universal Orlando because we only had one day there and Los Angeles mainly because we wanted the behind the scenes in the movie and tv sets which was awesome.

They say the crowds are low in October so I am hoping getting on the rides wont be bad. We have only ever been at in December with very low crowds and Super Bowl Sunday when we felt like we had the parks to ourselves.

So is the Ultimate Thrills VIP Tour mainly getting to the front of the attractions or is there something more offered that I haven't seen? If it were peak season, I would definitely spend the money.

Thank you for sharing. Before this trip, I never knew they offered it.

the tour you get in the FP for about 10 rides at 3 parks ( they may have changed what rides due to rides being closed ) you also get to eat at the brown derby at HS ( agin I heard they changed this) but for me I did more in one day then I do in tow days( it got over around 3) so you can still hit a park and has eFP for the park and really get a lot done. I just did it in april and am looking at doing it again next year they do offer discount for visa AP DVC so see of you can get one I know it really helped but if you can afford it I loved it. exspaily if you want to do a lot of rides and I never felt rushed yes you do move quickly but not too fast.

Love the Wanyama Safari at AKL, we did it a few years ago. You're staying there, right? Let me know if you want me to message you my TR chapter from that tour. It was a ton of fun, really up-close view of the animals and a fantastic dinner.

We are not staying there. The one I was interested in is called Starlight Safari and you dont have to be a guest of their resort. It is from 10 to 11 every night. In the description it does however state "now open to all Disney guest". That would lead me to believe that it once was exclusive. There are a few other tours that you do have to be a AKL guest. I would love to read you TR if its not an inconvenience. I think this one is going to be a for sure thing for us.

Thank you for your response.

If you're worried that a tour is going to cut into your theme park/ride time, I'd skip a tour this trip, unless you can do it outside of park hours. Maybe take that money and invest in MNSSHP to maximize your MK time.

We have tickets to MNSSHP for our first night. We have always done the Christmas party and had the greatest time. We are hoping this will be just as fun. Now, We just have to decide our costumes. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter