Park Tickets - ID required???

Julie L

Mouseketeer
Received my 7 day park hopper tickets today :cool1: - Reading the info on the back of the tickets it states 'Ticket and ID required for entry'! What sort of ID are they after - Passports or Cr Card ?? Would we only require ID for our first usage of the tickets or will we need it for all future park visits?? I don't believe we have ever had to do this in past visits - is this a new idea? :confused3

There is also a strip on the back to be signed for identification purposes - I presume you dont have to wait till arriving at the park to sign in front of a CM - Any ideas??

Not meaning to hijack but...

Can a UK Driving License [with pic] be used as ID - is it accepted?

We had both the Ultimate and the 4 Park Flex Ticket and were not asked for ID at all in July. We did sign the back of the cards when asked to do so by a CM for the Flex Ticket, then we did the same for the Ultimate. We had not signed them prior in case we were required to sign them in front of some one.

Your photo driving licence and passport are valid ID

while they usually don't ask you for an ID, you should have an ID for at least one of the people in your party...

I had the same experience they didnt actually ask for it for us. A driving license is the best one to carry if you have a photocard one! I was actually advised they dont always accept credit cards - but everyone has different opinions so that is probably not correct.

Laurafoster said:
I had the same experience they didnt actually ask for it for us. A driving license is the best one to carry if you have a photocard one! I was actually advised they dont always accept credit cards - but everyone has different opinions so that is probably not correct.

Thats a pain - we only have the old paper type license - with no photocard!!!
My son / daughter both have photocard licenses will have to get them to take theirs. Is ID required with every park admission??????

We were never asked for it Julie in in forty odd trips to WDW theme parks in 2004/2005. Howveer it is a good idea to carry some, just in case.

Have you time before you leave to apply for a photocard DL?

Miffy2003 said:
We were never asked for it Julie in in forty odd trips to WDW theme parks in 2004/2005. Howveer it is a good idea to carry some, just in case.

we've never needed them either, but my sister needed it at the end of her very first day in the park....it was in the evening, when we entered the park for the second time.....the ticket had been de-magnetized.....which means it didn't work on the turnstile....she had to go to guest services (the one before the turnstiles) where she had to show her ID.....

disneyholic family said:
while they usually don't ask you for an ID, you should have an ID for at least one of the people in your party...

I would have to agree. It is something we didn't really think about till it was too late so we ended up carrying our passports which isn't a good thing to do. We carried them well in to the first week till we were confident that we were not going to be asked for them at the gates. I was worried that we might lose them which meant I had to check they were secure in my bag on several occasions during the day. I didn't fancy a trip down to Miami to get a new one issued so we could get home if one of them got lost.

Next year we are getting photo ID driving licences and will just carry them. I think you are required to carry ID in USA by law (is this right Beth?) in any case.

wicket2005 said:
Next year we are getting photo ID driving licences and will just carry them. I think you are required to carry ID in USA by law (is this right Beth?) in any case.

i don't know the answer to that....
the US doesn't have any kind of national identity card, so i don't know how that would be an enforceable law for US citizens.....maybe it's required for visitors.....
as far as US citizens are concerned, some have drivers licenses....and many states (perhaps all of them) will provide a picture ID to people who don't drive....
but i don't believe that's it's required to be carried....certainly in the places I've lived in the states (Washington DC, New York, Michigan, Illinois, Maryland), it's not required of US citizens....

however, perhaps aliens (i love that term) are required to carry ID....there may well be a law to that effect -- that non-US Citizens need to carry ID- but i don't know if that's true or not..........

Thanks Beth. I know the term 'aliens' always makes me smile too. :)

Miffy2003 said:

No - Leaving Wednesday 30th November!!!!!!!! So excited - just checking a few last minute things!! Do you think that a credit card would pass as acceptable ID?? Really don't want to take passports with us everyday!

I don't know, Julie. Has anyone ever used a colour photocopy of their passport? I would not want to carry mine round either!

Like I say, I never was asked - so it's a just in case measure, so more than likely you won't need it at all. I believe sometimes passes can demagnetize if you keep them close to other cards such as credit cards etc so definitely keep them separately :)

Miffy2003 said:
I don't know, Julie. Has anyone ever used a colour photocopy of their passport? I would not want to carry mine round either!

Like I say, I never was asked - so it's a just in case measure, so more than likely you won't need it at all. I believe sometimes passes can demagnetize if you keep them close to other cards such as credit cards etc so definitely keep them separately :)

the CM told us that mobile phones can also demagnitize them....my AP also demagnitized the second week i had it...

disneyholic family said:
the CM told us that mobile phones can also demagnitize them....my AP also demagnitized the second week i had it...

The time before last we had big hassles with DW's key to the kingdom. Her library card kept demagnatising it (don't ask). This time the library card stayed at home and there weren't the problems with demagnatisation.

I think if one is driving then one is required to have one's license available. No requirement to otherwise carry the license (except that it is handy if challenged for ID). It amuses me that some states do drivers licenses for non drivers - useful for ID but don't confer any driving rights.

:) Chris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter