Park Tickets-how to Canada

warrenite

Mouseketeer
We're heading to WDW at the end of Feb and are staying off site. What's the best way to get tickets in advance so we can link some fast passes at 30 days out?

Thanks,
John

Or you can get them from CAA ... price works out very close ... don't forget when you order from UT you not only pay the exchange BUT the foreign transaction fee on your credit card as well (AMEX is currently 2.5 % on top of everything else) Just a lil thing to consider. I picked mine up yesterday and all my FP are done now :D

Or you can get them from CAA ... price works out very close ... don't forget when you order from UT you not only pay the exchange BUT the foreign transaction fee on your credit card as well (AMEX is currently 2.5 % on top of everything else) Just a lil thing to consider. I picked mine up yesterday and all my FP are done now :D
But also, don't neglect to take sales tax into account. Not sure if CAA charges the 13% HST on the tickets, but UC will not (although they may charge the 6% FL tax). We always use a credit card with no foreign exchange and percentage rebate. Cheaper than cash!

If you pay in US cash CAA charges the gate price that you would pay at the ticket booth at WDW. If you pay in CND they calculate the ticket by the US selling price times the exchange rate. There is no HST as the goods purchased for use outside of Canada there fore there should be no HST charged on those tickets. . Similar to a US flight, travel from Toronto to Florida has no HST because the service is outside of Canada.

Did a quick comparison of an average ticket - 4 day Park Hopper, adult:
CAA: US$ 392.99, or $388.76 for CAA Members. Includes FL state tax (Shipping? - online order seems to redirect to the Disney site, so probably paying Disney shipping. probably doesn't apply if purchased at CAA store).
Disney: US$ 392.99 Incl tax. Disney charged $50 per order shipping last time I bought tickets from them.
Undercover Tourist US$ 381.95 incl tax and shipping. Also includes a fifth day for free (only on the 4 day).

Your savings on Forex at CAA if you don't have no-forex card is about $9.50. Personally, I think the UT deal with or without the extra day is the best deal, but I have a no-forex Visa. Next best deal is CAA (we are members) direct at store.

Last edited:
We're heading to WDW at the end of Feb and are staying off site. What's the best way to get tickets in advance so we can link some fast passes at 30 days out?

Thanks,
John

I prefer to buy them in Canadian finds, if possible. Flightcentre.ca and Expedia.ca are the two I've used but I always check other online sites such as Orbitz in case they have a better deal. A quick conversion from USD to CAD will tell you which is the better deal!

FC has 4 days hoppers for $515CAD which converts to $388USD

Thanks,
John
Undercover tourist is the cheapest by far..even with exchange for a 1 or 2 day single park ticket.
They are shipped from Canada and normally take about 3 days. We use them all the time.
Sign up for the mousesavers dot com mailing list and they will send you an Undercover Tourist link in their monthly newsletter. Sent around the 15th of every month. That link will save you a few extra dollars on tickets.

I prefer to buy them in Canadian finds, if possible. Flightcentre.ca and Expedia.ca are the two I've used but I always check other online sites such as Orbitz in case they have a better deal. A quick conversion from USD to CAD will tell you which is the better deal!

FC has 4 days hoppers for $515CAD which converts to $388USD

Undercover Tourist has a bit better pricing...

3-Day Park Hopper® - plus extra day
Save $28 vs. 4-Day Adult gate price
Adult $364.95
Child $345.95

Unless you have an American credit card I would not order through an American website. The charges in both exchange and credit cards fees will be awful. We found a Canadian tour company that specializes in Disney. They are going to sell us the tickets in CDN with our credit cards and also they are going to book my fast passes since I have 10 people and it's a very specific agenda. 100% authentic since they are in my city and I will be with them when they make the purchase and put the tickets on my My Disney Experience Account.

Unless you have an American credit card I would not order through an American website. The charges in both exchange and credit cards fees will be awful. We found a Canadian tour company that specializes in Disney. They are going to sell us the tickets in CDN with our credit cards and also they are going to book my fast passes since I have 10 people and it's a very specific agenda. 100% authentic since they are in my city and I will be with them when they make the purchase and put the tickets on my My Disney Experience Account.
Use a no forex Canadian card and you will pay no fees and pay the Bank of Canada spot rate (about 2.5% better than the rate you get at the bank). Plus mine gives an extra 1% back. Can't go wrong. Everyone who travels to the US regularly should have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter